NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Fixed.

But on a serious note, rebuilding is a strong word but I do recall a lot of folks being skeptical of how Mahomes and the Chiefs would look without Tyreek. On some “Tyreek is gone! This is the Bills year.”

Not saying it was the consensus or anywhere near it but those takes and similar were out there in the universe.

the problem is, wayy too much of sports, politics and news in general is trying to get clicks/views

dudes say wild shh just to get eyes/attention.. look at how many times SAS or skip say some shh with zero actual depth but do so extremely loudly

hell I’m still trying figure out what keyshawn actually brings to the whole nfl live crew

Chance to call plays on his own outside of Andy's shadow and with a new ownership group coming in Ron is most likely out. Maybe EB gets a fast track to the HC job that way.

Sound takes don't exist in the sports media world but this past off season was the easiest time to doubt the Chiefs. Lost a top 5 WR in his prime and the whole division made moves to beat you. I don't remember off the top of the head but most had the Bills winning it because of the emergence of Josh Allen and adding Von.

chiefs were the Vegas favorite right after the last super bowl

i assume bills became the favorite after the tyreek trade, but they were still up there with Vegas

Being in the ideal position for your current role and making a lateral move to much less desirable position so you can prove yourself and hopefully get a promotion elsewhere some day ain’t it.

EB isn’t getting HC looks for whatever reason and it isn’t right. But I feel like folks are forcing him out of the perfect situation for his current position (OC). I don’t think leading a pretty good Commanders offense to an 8-9 or 9-8 record will do him any favors.

Being in the ideal position for your current role and making a lateral move to much less desirable position so you can prove yourself and hopefully get a promotion elsewhere some day ain’t it.

EB isn’t getting HC looks for whatever reason and it isn’t right. But I feel like folks are forcing him out of the perfect situation for his current position (OC). I don’t think leading a pretty good Commanders offense to an 8-9 or 9-8 record will do him any favors.

id get if he was going to say the chargers to run that thing and obviously there is talent there

but going to Washington thst got WRs and what else.. plus whatever is going on with ownership

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce

They don't have a QB. So if he goes there and the offense is a mess it'll be "See it was all Andy ...". Might as well stay with Pat.

This. Leaving could totally torpedo any chances he has. At the very least he can continue to ride with KC, flourish, interview each HC cycle and it may take awhile but when Big Red retires they almost have to give him the job.

They don't have a QB. So if he goes there and the offense is a mess it'll be "See it was all Andy ...". Might as well stay with Pat.
This. Leaving could totally torpedo any chances he has. At the very least he can continue to ride with KC, flourish, interview each HC cycle and it may take awhile but when Big Red retires they almost have to give him the job.

Yup.. that’s my thing.. I get leaving when you’re going to a guy

Like say chargers this offseason.. and or Lawrence after urban

Or going to Houston to a defensive HC and going get your guy in the draft

But Washington could easily overhaul everything.. I’d get if you know going in the team plans to suck for future draft QBs, then I’d get it.. but how likely is that when you don’t know what a new owner is going do

At this point they're not gonna hire him. We just saw 2 eagles coaches get HC jobs for losing the SB. EB just won 2 SB's but can't get HC job.

At this point they're not gonna hire him. We just saw 2 eagles coaches get HC jobs for losing the SB. EB just won 2 SB's but can't get HC job.

When you say “they” do you mean the rest of the league? Because if he rides with KC until Reid retires and they doing make him HC, that would be the biggest traveshamockery in the history of coaching across all of professional sports.

When you say “they” do you mean the rest of the league? Because if he rides with KC until Reid retires and they doing make him HC, that would be the biggest traveshamockery in the history of coaching across all of professional sports.

Rest of the league. I think once he did 3 interviews and none of teams hired him the others just followed. It's a copycat league/ good ol boys network. It's about who you know.

Rest of the league. I think once he did 3 interviews and none of teams hired him the others just followed. It's a copycat league/ good ol boys network. It's about who you know.

Yep. It sucks but my guy may have to wait 4 to 8 season for Andy to hang it up. Sometimes it be like that |l

He has one of the most respected and beloved HCs in league history publicly and privately backing him. If that doesn't do it I don't know what will. The only path way I see for EB getting a HC job (and that includes if Reid retires) is dropping down to the college level. Is it fair, no, but that is just the situation as it is.

I think it was IATT IATT or aepps20 aepps20 who said it best that EB already has strikes on him before he even sets foot into an interview.

He has one of the most respected and beloved HCs in league history publicly and privately backing him. If that doesn't do it I don't know what will. The only path way I see for EB getting a HC job (and that includes if Reid retires) is dropping down to the college level. Is it fair, no, but that is just the situation as it is.

I think it was IATT IATT or aepps20 aepps20 who said it best that EB already has strikes on him before he even sets foot into an interview.

What are those strikes?

You are the authority on all things Chiefs so I defer to you in here but do you really think if Reid retires that they pass over him!?!?!?!

Being a person that used to live in Colorado isn’t it fair to say that we all have heard bad things about EB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom