NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Daniel Jones ain’t getting $200Ms guaranteed :lol:. The way his team is playing this, he’s about to get tagged and next year is going to be even more risky for him

Been an ongoing thing in the QB thread for who knows how long. C CP1708 just wrote a novel in there

Couple charts here

I didn't write a novel, I typed two sentences. :frown:

Don’t think we’ve ever said Stafford was a top 5 QB at any point during his career.
I remember lots of people saying that his entire career, followed by 'It's an absolute shame he's on the Lions.' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the fact that it is HOF QBs winning Super Bowls only solidifies the fact that if you have someone mediocre to just below HOF that you have to give them the bag in order to have a chance. It kind of proves why the position gets paid so much especially in comparison to RB :lol:

Stafford is not a HOF QB to you?
He's got gaudy career stats and one of the most gifted throwers of the ball around but I always thought he was borderline when it comes to the HOF before getting traded to LA. He was like a modern day Dan Fouts to me.

Winning that chip changes his career narrative/arc a bit now imo, he's gonna get in.

I think the fact that it is HOF QBs winning Super Bowls only solidifies the fact that if you have someone mediocre to just below HOF that you have to give them the bag in order to have a chance. It kind of proves why the position gets paid so much especially in comparison to RB :lol:

No one’s arguing that.

All I’m saying is, the precedent is basically that if you’re a QB, you deserve 200+ million nowadays no matter what.

That’s not how it should be.

Also, Daniel Jones ain’t getting $200Ms guaranteed :lol:. The way his team is playing this, he’s about to get tagged and next year is going to be even more risky for him
Giants declining his 5th year option still doesn’t make sense to me. If you weren’t completely done with him, and thought year 5 could be a “prove it” year then why not pick up his option? Rather why decline it a whole year early?

Either he is the guy or he isn’t. If you still aren’t sure about it then picking up his option is around 10mil less than a tag situation.

He's got gaudy career stats and one of the most gifted throwers of the ball around but I always thought he was borderline when it comes to the HOF before getting traded to LA. He was like a modern day Dan Fouts to me.

Winning that chip changes his career narrative/arc a bit now imo, he's gonna get in.
This has got me thinking.

Who is more HOF worthy?

Stafford or Matt Ryan?
1676934970436.gif

Deshaun Watson is literally the only QB with a guarantee over $200M, man. Stop it :lol:

But bro, it’s projected to be in that realm though. That’ll be the new normal. Dak and Kyler got 160, 180, Deshaun got the 230…. Is Daniel Jones in their class??? Heck no.

He should be getting 100-120 guaranteed if we are basing it off their deals. But of course he’s getting more.

Over 12 seasons. That’s a little over $16MM per season.

That’s still too much for a guy who won’t get anywhere near Canton.

In comparison, AP and Lesean McCoy both are HOFers. Both came in around the same time as Tannehill.

McCoy made 63 million, Adrian Peterson made 102 over the course of his career. Nah bruh

Over 12 seasons. That’s a little over $16MM per season.
Titans having to let go of AJ because of of his contract a flat out myth anyways

They just didn't want to do it and didn't value a WR at the going rate.

Titans having to let go of AJ because of of his contract a flat out myth anyways

They just didn't want to do it and valued a WR at the going rate.

Lots of alternative facts being spit out in the QB compensation conversation :lol: You’re right about AJ Brown and all these other teams who let guys walk - they are not going to overpay for positions/players THEY don’t really value on their long term plans outside of QB.

No one is saying Tannehill is a better football player than Adrian Peterson, he just plays a position that pays more money AND he plays in an era with higher salaries.

I feel crazy debating QB vs any other position salaries in 2023. I am a fan of a team who historically doesn’t value the position and is struggling in negotiations with a top QB in the league (Ravens, Lamar) and I still understand it :lol:

I know we better keep Saquon. We can talk all this about the QB is most important but Saquon was by far the MVP of our offense. When he was on we won. Once teams started to lock in on him we hit that funk. White Vick was great in that playoff game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom