NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ravens are fools…They goofed on getting a deal done, just ship Lamar to ATL and be done with it

They goofed but I am not sure anyone could have expected Cleveland to do what they did. The number $230 isn't the issue - it's the full guarantee. They probably would have thrown $250MM at him with a higher guarantee than Russ, Kyler, etc.

But I've been saying for months that IDK why anyone expected Baltimore to know how to handle a QB situation :lol:

ATL only has the 8th pick, though. If I am giving you Lamar then ima need you to come up off #8, two additional FRPs AND I'm going to try to get a 2nd or 3rd too.

value of picks would obviously go up but just how much.. for the bird rights aspects

and then you’d have the trades to get dudes in house before free agency to even to able to afford them

would be interesting.. But biggest thing is how much teams would be willing to pay luxury tax wise when they have guys

but the salary for certain guys are already set in the nba.. whereas you have the franchise tag, but you don’t really want to use that since you can get the guy under that figure through an actual contract

Imagine if it was flipped where the NBA had NFL rules with a hard cap w/ cap hits, no full guarantees and the franchise tag :wow: The league would hit so diff off non-guarantees and the tag alone

They goofed but I am not sure anyone could have expected Cleveland to do what they did. The number $230 isn't the issue - it's the full guarantee. They probably would have thrown $250MM at him with a higher guarantee than Russ, Kyler, etc.

But I've been saying for months that IDK why anyone expected Baltimore to know how to handle a QB situation :lol:

ATL only has the 8th pick, though. If I am giving you Lamar then ima need you to come up off #8, two additional FRPs AND I'm going to try to get a 2nd or 3rd too.
Deal shoulda been done so that Watson ain’t eem matter…Thats on management, they thought they was being slick letting Lamar playing on that rookie salary and it came back to bite em

2 1st rounders, Ridder and Pitts should work

Deal shoulda been done so that Watson ain’t eem matter…Thats on management, they thought they was being slick letting Lamar playing on that rookie salary and it came back to bite em

2 1st rounders, Ridder and Pitts should work
mase-lol.gif

I think EDC gets a deal done for Lamar before the 7th

There has been absolutely nothing to give me confidence they will so for me it's 50/50 at best. The fact that he had the had audacity to say they haven't decided which tag to use inspires ZERO hope |l

I’d imagine Lamar would net more than 2 FRPs in a trade so applying the non-exclusive tag makes no sense to me. In fact letting him field offers from other teams and not getting a fully guaranteed deal might fuel a collusion lawsuit.

The Browns really messed the game up for everyone.

Mahomes might be the only dude that could’ve got a deal like that and other QBs woulda had to admit to the fact that he’s is on another planet than everyone else.

The weirdo with a scandal, less wins than me, less playoff appearances than me, no all pros or an MVP like I have?

Hell nah. Run me my bucks.

Last edited:
I’d imagine Lamar would net more than 2 FRPs in a trade so applying the non-exclusive tag makes no sense to me. In fact letting him field offers from other teams and not getting a fully guaranteed deal might fuel a collusion lawsuit.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I really don’t get the point of a non-exclusive tag unless their plan/expectation is that he’ll get offers but they won’t be what he is and more in-line with what they are willing to pay and they either:
A. Keep him at the non-exclusive price tag
B. Just match the other teams offer because it’s closer to what they were planning

The 7th is coming up fast and this along with the Giants will be headliners. Any other major tag situations on the horizon?

The Brown really messed the game up for everyone.

Mahomes might be the only dude that could’ve got a deal like that and other QBs woulda had to admit to the fact that he’s is on another planet than everyone else.

The weirdo with a scandal, less wins than me, less playoff appearance than me no all pros or an MVP like I have?

He’ll nah. Run me my bucks.

This is 100% my believe too. He’s the worst out of upcoming guys (Lamar, Herbo and Burrow) and those guys are going to get paid but teams are going to be ****** until those cap spikes starting really hitting.

Guys who play on the same side of the ball chirping at each other doesn’t hit the same because they will never be able to go 1-on-1 on the field. Not like this:

To this day I still use “I fear God, homie” and “I just finish it” when people talk **** :lol:

Edit: Damn, looks like NFL YouTube videos don’t work on NikeTalk :wow: But it was DeAngelo Hall vs DeAndre Hopkins from Hard Knocks :lol:

yea way more interesting when dudes on opposite sides of the ball go at it.. least them dudes legit could go at it

aj and juju going see each other in warmups and bunch of people going be around

This is why players, including former teammates, are always on JuJu's head.

After the Super Bowl, it was portrayed that the Eagles were jealous, which is partly true, but at this point JuJu back on his influencer ish.

It's even CRAZIER because James Bradberry has be honest and humble the WHOLE time :lol:

JuJu is basically Jackson Mahomes with hands.

Last edited:
Ju a champ so he got the right to talk but personally I could do without all the corny videos and shots at Bradberry. You won, they lost isn’t that enough.

All you doing is amplifying the shh by responding to it

zero clue why you’re responding publicly to dude.. check dude in person if you really feel the need

but if you don’t engage, only a handful of people who going actually go search out whatever juju is doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom