NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They technically had a top-10 passing offense in 2022 and were one of four teams to have two receivers finish in top 20 in receiving DVOA with Slayton and Richie James. Those two receivers alone would be a #3 or 4 on other teams depth chart.

I've been saying you have to build around him with key pieces. Get him a true #1 receiver. Continue to build the line. To say he hasn't shown flashes though or the Giants would be doing the NFC a favor is disingenuous. Especially with the ay QB contracts continue to rise. Where the Giants messed up was not picking up the 5th year option. You do that and wouldn't be in this position right away.

They technically had a top-10 passing offense in 2022 and were one of four teams to have two receivers finish in top 20 in receiving DVOA with Slayton and Richie James. Those two receivers alone would be a #3 or 4 on other teams depth chart.

I've been saying you have to build around him with key pieces. Get him a true #1 receiver. Continue to build the line. To say he hasn't shown flashes though or the Giants would be doing the NFC a favor is disingenuous. Especially with the ay QB contracts continue to rise.
I just don't think he can get much better than what he actually is now. At best, Danny Boy can be a fringe 3rd tier QB.. Sure he's shown flashes but Baker, Bortles, Gabbert, and hell even Mitch showed "flashes." Doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. It was a great year for them, I won't take that away but he'll have to show me it wasn't a fluke. I have no problems with being proven wrong, in fact, I hope he does but I just don't see it with Danny

Imagine if your boss, coworkers, and/or colleagues said this whenever you ask for a raise. I can never fault a guy for trying to maximize his potential earnings
In my defense, I did say I hope the Giants pay him... Get that bread Danny Boy

bugs-bunny-looney-tunes.gif

They said he’d still prob get a deal similar to what the giants are going to offer him.

What is that? $35-40MM? AKA what Carr is seeking? I am not even sure who the better option for the Jets would be (no disrespect to either QB). I mean, at least Daniel Jones is younger

Pricing in the cap spike. I get it tbh but idk if I could stomach it if I was the Giants. If they tag him, the smart thing to do would be use the *exclusive, right??

*non-exclusive. Sorry, I mistyped that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom