NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea at this point I’m not buying it’s this many teams not pursuing. Gotta be smoke screens

yeah, teams lie all the time. also some reporters are equivalent to hotline physics so what's to believe.

id guess most teams would say no if asked specifically about it due to tampering.

maybe we'll get more info next week Monday

Could it be collusion by the league to not pursue Lamar, because they don’t want to set the precedent of a fully guaranteed contract.

Maybe not, but with the NFL…..
That’s pretty much what’s happening…If Lamar looking for fully guaranteed teams “not interested or pursuing” …It’s a dirty game but the owners let it be known after Watson nobody getting that level of guaranteed bread…The owners can point to this in the future like if Lamar Jackson couldn’t get all his bread anybody next up getting it either

But If yo came out and said he’s off that contract demand there would be offers by the end of the week :lol: ….Then you factor in they don’t wanna make negotiating without an agent at this level of money normal either ….The NFLPA making Lamar a contract martyr, but he signed up for this so can’t be too mad at all of it

Wait.… I completely didn’t understand the tag lamar got

so it isn’t like the NBA’s tag

lamar can sign a deal AND if ravens don’t match, he can walk for free

but if they do, the price is then 2 firsts

is that right?

is that right?

Another team could sign Jackson to an offer sheet. The Ravens could either match the exact terms of the contract & keep him a Raven or let him go to the new team, but the new team would owe Baltimore their '23 and '24 firsts.

is that right?
Either the Ravens match or they get 2 1st round picks…He can sign with any team he wants but the Ravens guaranteed to get something back

The other tag he couldn’t negotiate like a free agent, but the Ravens could work out a trade

Them and the T-Wolves should receive bans from their respective leagues just for completely ruining the market for everyone else :lol: :smh:
Still holding onto my Rudy take....

5log2d.jpg

Its not collusion. :lol:

I told yall...Lamar peaked already. No one is ponying up guaranteed money like that for an injury prone Q that struggles to complete 60% of his passes. And miss me with the WR nonsense.

I guess Herbert needs better receivers too?

12th in the league....that's not bad. Not great, but definitely not the picture everyone tries to paint.

He's an electrifying athlete, but we've seen all we can from Lamar.

Definitely not a popular opinion, but I do not care.
Teams that kicked the tires on Derek Carr are putting out unprovoked statements that they don’t even wanna talk to Lamar and you don’t find that fishy ? :lol: :smh:

You don’t gotta be a fan of the dude to see something is up behind the scene, this ain’t normal business it’s all about 1 thing

The NFLPA’s role in Lamar’s situation isn’t mentioned enough. They were mad Wilson and Rodgers didn’t push for fullys. Then Murray tears his ACL on a non-contact play right after getting his big guarantees.

Teams are hesitant now but as long as Lamar plays well he will get paid. The market forces are all working in his favor.

Has a team actually released a statement saying they won't be involved with Jackson? All I've seen is reporters/writers poking around & reporting what their source said.

Teams that kicked the tires on Derek Carr are putting out unprovoked statements that they don’t even wanna talk to Lamar and you don’t find that fishy ? :lol: :smh:

You don’t gotta be a fan of the dude to see something is up behind the scene, this ain’t normal business it’s all about 1 thing

I can see how that might be ones perception, but if Lamar was worth it, a team won't gaf about that nonsense and would go for it. In reality, he's just not worth what most perceive him to be worth and folks can't get over that or just don't/unwilling to see it.

Baltimore is one of the most well ran organizations and better front offices in the NFL, but that gets overlooked based on fans' perception of Lamar's worth. They know what they're doing.

The media fodder is one thing and anyone can chose to believe what they want, but the fact is, NFL teams have proven over and over again that they'll do crazy things, spend crazy money on players they deem worth it. I'm obviously in the minority with my opinion, but I think there's more than enough evidence to suggest he is not, in fact, worth it. I've already made my points on that in the past as well, so I'm not gonna re-hash, but the market says what it says.

I can see how that might be ones perception, but if Lamar was worth it, a team won't gaf about that nonsense and would go for it. In reality, he's just not worth what most perceive him to be worth and folks can't get over that or just don't/unwilling to see it.

Baltimore is one of the most well ran organizations and better front offices in the NFL, but that gets overlooked based on fans' perception of Lamar's worth. They know what they're doing.

The media fodder is one thing and anyone can chose to believe what they want, but the fact is, NFL teams have proven over and over again that they'll do crazy things, spend crazy money on players they deem worth it. I'm obviously in the minority with my opinion, but I think there's more than enough evidence to suggest he is not, in fact, worth it. I've already made my points on that in the past as well, so I'm not gonna re-hash, but the market says what it says.
Yea we don’t gotta have a long back and forth cuz I’m not sure you really know how collision works ( it’s about principle, not value or worth) and you clearly still giving the Ravens management credit based of rep not what they done since drafting Lamar…I gotta see and hear bout those idiots daily, they not running a tight ship right now even other players on the roster been calling em out for all types of stuff…They also recently sucked in that team survey that just came out too, if you wanna talk bout reality…You say it ain’t about the receivers when the GM just said at the combine the current ones suck and they looking to bring in a new batch, which resulted in their most recent 1st round WR being pissed and firing off tweets :lol:

But like you said your opinion dawg

Last edited:
And we ain’t even get started on the elephant in the room that Lamar is the perfect player to do this to…He’s already polarizing and a black QB, a large segment of NFL fans and media already gon say it’s all nothin off top, and the owners know this

Just because I'm not in agreement with everyone and go straight to collusion doesn't mean I don't know how it works. :lol:

That's weak, man.

Ravens had Greg Roman and no weapons for the majority of Lamar’s tenure. That doesn’t scream well ran to me.

I agree Baltimore isn’t inept (generally), but what they surrounded Lamar with is criminal.

Yea we don’t gotta have a long back and forth cuz I’m not sure you really know how collision works ( it’s about principle, not value or worth)

But like you said your opinion dawg
Well it’s collusion, not collision :lol:

Sorry been seeing you spell it like that for a few posts now lol

Its not collusion. :lol:

I told yall...Lamar peaked already. No one is ponying up guaranteed money like that for an injury prone Q that struggles to complete 60% of his passes. And miss me with the WR nonsense.

I guess Herbert needs better receivers too?

12th in the league....that's not bad. Not great, but definitely not the picture everyone tries to paint.

He's an electrifying athlete, but we've seen all we can from Lamar.

Definitely not a popular opinion, but I do not care.
You just don’t like Black QBs like Lamar. Son won a whole unanimous MVP 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom