NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he was a consulting during the Shaq and Kobe years. He got LeBron to the Lakers which led to Anthony Davis, they got a chip. His dodgers won. His WNBA team won. That Magic.

seems like youre giving him a whole lotta credit when we saw the man when he directly had specific roles of authority (HC and president of basketball operations)

Unlike with the dodgers, you can’t just outspend others in the NFL

a tactic snyder tried a couple times

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
seems like youre giving him a whole lotta credit when we saw the man when he directly had specific roles of authority (HC and president of basketball operations)

Unlike with the dodgers, you can’t just outspend others in the NFL

a tactic snyder tried a couple teams

I'm giving him the credit he deserves. When he first took over as Lakers president they were a mess, him and Rob got LeBron and drafted well which led to the AD trade and chip. We can nitpick anybody's resume if you just wanna point out mistakes.

To deny that Magic is a winner that's just wild bias.

I'm giving him the credit he deserves. When he first took over as Lakers president they were a mess, him and Rob got LeBron and drafted well which led to the AD trade and chip. We can nitpick anybody's resume if you just wanna point out mistakes.

magic himself is a winner, as a basketball player and incredibly successful in business

that doesn’t make him perfect

as far as the lakers, they are very lucky Lebron made that decision and his agency represented AD as well

but they have had some poor decisions as well.. and it’s not like magic hasn’t shared his thoughts on the game and we all can see how that goes with the game actually being played

Also for a giants fan, would seem you would have a whole lot of options outside of the nfc East and patriots to move onto

hell, got a whole other team right there to move onto

magic himself is a winner, as a basketball player and incredibly successful in business

that doesn’t make him perfect

as far as the lakers, they are very lucky Lebron made that decision and his agency represented AD as well

but they have had some poor decisions as well.. and it’s not like magic hasn’t shared his thoughts on the game and we all can see how that goes with the game actually being played

Who said he was perfect? :lol: it's sports

That's hater talk :lol:

"They were lucky"

You don't know the history of the Lakers, matter fact maybe you do that's why you hating. I get it.

Who said he was perfect? :lol: it's sports

That's hater talk :lol:

"They were lucky"

You don't know the history of the Lakers, matter fact maybe you do that's why you hating. I get it.

I hate the lakers.. I don’t hate magic

my concern with anyone coming from baseball world is the extent to which analytics is used in the sport and the resources put into finding talent any and everywhere and understanding what is truly valuable in the sport

but what doesnt really concern me is pulling a “mookie betts”.. everyone should have known how great mookie was and is.. there isn’t an NFL example for a guy winning the MVP award and a world championship and then being moved 2 seasons later, still in his prime, still a great player simply because a the big team with a venture capital ownership decided they can’t afford him cause that would cut into their profit margin

in the nfl you have to draft well.. so if a guy we know is heavy on the data from the baseball world is coming in.. or say someone like Sam presti.. I’d be worried

but as of now, I’m not overly concerned given how his teams have won

Ignore the nonsense. Ain't no raining on this parade! Magic is welcome in Washington. He’s a minority owner with a major presence that can instill a winning culture. Something that’s been missing for a quarter century.

Folks on the outside do not understand just how much Snyder went against the plans of his own scouting department during numerous drafts and free agency. I expect Harris and co. to just sign the checks and let the experts do their job.

With football “experts” can apply to any number of individuals and departments

But the truth is you need them all to work collectively.. but you have to recognize and spend on all aspects

You need the analytics department to be smart about what you’re doing, what you’re targeting and how you’re expending resources.. need the scouting department to put those numbers into proper context and give depth to the numbers.. need the coaching department to actually be willing to listen and not be stubborn about simply knowing more.. also need your cap guys

But as far as atmosphere around the team, not hard to see how things will be vastly improved from Snyder

But Washington has had talent on that time.. had very good talent on the staff.. and spent, at times, in free agency

Last edited:
When IATT IATT hate you he go hard about it :lol:

i dont hate magic.. hell I don’t even hate the WTFs

i was more bothered by the previous name than them as a division rival or team I was invested in hating

the only lakers players I disliked are fisher and I guess technically Lebron

but I hate the lakers for the same reason I hate the warriors, all the bandwagon fans they picked up once they got good and the craziness that gets said as a result.. the kobestans of the world

at least with the warriors, I actually hate draymond.. but rest of them dudes, I’m indifferent

i dont hate magic.. hell I don’t even hate the WTFs

i was more bothered by the previous name than them as a division rival or team I was invested in hating

the only lakers players I disliked are fisher and I guess technically Lebron

but I hate the lakers for the same reason I hate the warriors, all the bandwagon fans they picked up once they got good and the craziness that gets said as a result.. the kobestans of the world

at least with the warriors, I actually hate draymond.. but rest of them dudes, I’m indifferent

You was born in Philly?

I like Kirk and Marcus, Pat is a really unlikeable dude tho . Maybe it was the Max Crosby episode that made me tap out from saltiness but I cant stand Pat Mahomes 😂. I do like how they follow a QB at each level though ( elite, average, and fighting to stick around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom