NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can compare Kelce to someone like Jimmy Graham, who's still got 20 more TD's than him.

Gronks comps are Winslow, Gates, Sharpe and Gonzalez

Gates was not blocking like that, was he?

Not my recollection at all and he was in the division, but not scared to say I don't know.

Gates was not blocking like that, was he?

Not my recollection at all and he was in the division, but not scared to say I don't know.
Out of his contemporaries Witten was prob the better overall blocker but he could def run block with the best of them.

Wasn't a great pass blocker but he played his part in helping LT have some of those monster seasons in SD. He also has over 100 TD's so that's why he belongs in the discussion imo

You can compare Kelce to someone like Jimmy Graham, who's still got 20 more TD's than him.

Gronks comps are Winslow, Gates, Sharpe and Gonzalez
Jimmy came into the league a few years before Travis so he should have more TD's. Jimmy only got 2 1k yrd seasons. Trav been passed him up.

And Ima throw this out there too. Gronk came into the league with Brady as his QB. Trav had Alex Smith a few seasons...

Gronk is the GOAT

Kelce is definitely nice but he’s a big wide out in my eyes.

I think Pitts, Kittle and Andrews would do similar things in that offense.

But when you can block like a Gronk or Kittle you basically have a 6th linemen. Which allows you to do anything.

Kelce might waste away on a team with a different/inept type of offense (look at Pitts this year)

Gronk was an elite blocker AND receiver.

For a comparison Kelce = an elite zone corner like Sherman.

Was Sherman spectacular? Yes will Sherman make the Hall of Fame? Absolutely

But is he in the same conversation as a Revis or Champ? Nope. Because they could do it all.

Gronk is the GOAT

Kelce is definitely nice but he’s a big wide out in my eyes.

I think Pitts, Kittle and Andrews would do similar things in that offense.

But when you can block like a Gronk or Kittle you basically have a 6th linemen. Which allows you to do anything.

Kelce might waste away on a team with a different/inept type of offense (look at Pitts this year)

Gronk was an elite blocker AND receiver.

For a comparison Kelce = an elite zone corner like Sherman.

Was Sherman spectacular? Yes will Sherman make the Hall of Fame? Absolutely

But is he in the same conversation as a Revis or Champ? Nope. Because they could do it all.

well put

I was hopin you guys would kinda pick up on the monster lose to Eli vibe but y'all a lil over literal. Guess that's on me. :lol: It's the compare to early years Brady vs when he truly became an ELITE QB.

Thee point, he was a Russ, hand off and play defense. 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Baby Brady. Low numbers. A non fumble. Vinateri kicking game winners in blizzards & ****.

He then becomes a true monster. A Peyton QB machine equal. And loses to a scrub. (Defense plus a miracle catch)

The biggerrrrrrrrr point. Bill drove that. Bill created those rosters (3 outta 4 years) with his QB in handcuffs. He beat the greatest show on turf. Then added the last back to back. Then he lost every coach he ever had as people tried to steal his mojo. Then he himself pivoted to a monster offense. He raised Brady, who was not some Andrew Luck blue chip prospect. Bill created that. He adapted year after year.

Brady didn't walk in slangin like Mahomes and just destroying the damn league. :lol:

And then y'all completely missed him winning multiple SB's with Simms/Hostetler and not seeing how young(er) Brady played the game in the early days.

A couple questions:

1. Why hasn’t Bill made a super bowl or even won a playoff game since Brady left IF the QB position is unimportant/Brady didn’t contribute to those Super Bowls? Since he “did all that”

2. Why did Brady win a super bowl on a team that went 7-9 the year before he got there with the SAME coach? According to you Brady is a bum, I’d assume the QB there before him was better, why did they go 7-9?

buckle-up-buckle-up-boys.gif

A couple questions:

1. Why hasn’t Bill made a super bowl or even won a playoff game since Brady left IF the QB position is unimportant/Brady didn’t contribute to those Super Bowls? Since he “did all that”

2. Why did Brady win a super bowl on a team that went 7-9 the year before he got there with the SAME coach? According to you Brady is a bum, I’d assume the QB there before him was better, why did they go 7-9?

I'm still tripped on you pullin "according to me, Brady is a bum...." :lol:

I will try to explain but I'll probably flub one detail and will have 18 messages in the AM. :lol:

First off, context. I have ON RECORD been Pro Brady for 14-15 years on this board. I cut my teeth on NT in the Brady v Peyton debates.

So, no, he is not a bum. What he WAS, year 1-2-3-4 vs what he IS, NOW, is completely diff. I call it Baby Brady. Baby Russ, baby Ben etc. Baby Burrow in the SB last year. QB's in the infancy of their career's.

Baby Brady, 3,600 yards, 28ish TD's, 12-13ish INT's.

PRIME Brady 4,500+, 35+, less than 10 INT's. Same man, diff player.

You still with me?

So when you say "why can't Bill win without Brady" etc. It's been 2 years. He went to the damn playoffs with a rookie QB man. :lol:
Why didn't he win a SB? Because his defense was nowhere close to 01-04. They were good, but not elite.
Why did Brady win? Well, for one, he's now vet seen it all Brady, and he had Evans, Godwin, Antonio, Gronk, a stellar Oline and uh, oh yea, his defense held Mahomes & co under 10 points. As in, elite defense. Said defense also stopped Aaron Rodgers, in a game Brady threw three interceptions......
Brady last year in NE he couldn't even get a first down. Goes to Tampa with all those toys and had 5K with 40 tubs. He picked the perfect situation.

Bill didn't get to pick his situation like that. Granted, GM Bill screws over Head Coach Bill often. DSA and I both agree that point.

Brady didn't create Bill and the Patriot winning ways. Bill created him, and those. Once Brady became superstar Brady, it was STILL Bill's defense that carried them. The goaline INT by an undrafted rookie. Holding the Rams under 10 points. 28-3 featured a Brady Pick 6 and a dropped INT by that same man that landed in Edelman's hands and cost Atl the game.
(Not to mention Brady throwing a game ending pick vs KC nullified by a foot being on an imaginary line of scrimmage......)

His whole career is littered with insane dumb luck. The INT vs San Diego.....that they then fumbled. :lol:
A fumble vs Oakland that became the Tuck rule. (Which Bill was immediately calling for and nobody else even heard of)

Brady made tons of crucial mistakes......that Bill's team always managed to overcome anyways. Other franchises definitely don't get that lucky.

In no way am I sayin Brady isn't clutch or any of that. Course he is. He's won a ton. We all get that. His resume is complete. Zero doubt. But we can analyze the how's and why's rather than just spamming OMGZ BRADYZZZZZ'S.

I spoke up this morning at DSA implying that every NE coach from the Bill tree owes their career's to Tom. No, not even close to true. That was my point. Weiss, Crennel, Vrabel, McDaniels, Judge etc all learned from Bill. Not Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom