NFL Quarterbacks Discussion thread: 2013 Edition

Of course not, that's why when people criticized Ben I never cared since the team won with him (though that talk cooled since he continues to play well even with much worse teams). At some point the surrounding team will get worse and RW will have to so more. But for now, mange the game, don't make mistakes and maybe make a big play or two

Yep. Even Kaep was asked to do more playoffs, for example. And I'm happy with that. It means our defense and running game are doing what they're supposed to.

MIAMI HURRICANES​

I'M A DOUCHEBOX​
Yo. :rofl: :nerd:

Laker fans hate me. And as I grew more and more frustrated with them, I was telling them I'm not a bad guy, not an a hole, etc, and Ska corrected me, and told me to embrace my douchiness.

So I sig'ed it.

And now I'm me. :D

And Russell Wilson makes Marshawn Lynch a better running back.

But Andrew Luck wouldn't. :lol:

"DoucheBox"
laugh.gif

Bitterness
laugh.gif

I don't think anyone in Seattle cares if Wilson throws for 70 yards each playoff game... Since we're in the Super Bowl.
I agree with your opinion that there isn't anyone in Seattle that would give a damn if Russ threw for 70 yards a game but still reached the Superbowl.  However, this is the Quarterback Discussion Thread.  In this thread, it is not unfair to judge Russ on his low output. 

Absolutely.

And rest assured, I agree. If my QB sat and ate donuts all day behind the line of scrimmage but got me to the Super Bowl, I wouldn't give a **** about stats, who better, or anything either. No question I'm on board with that part.

But when Seattle fans spit in my face with Russ makes Marshawn Lynch a better RB, then we fightin. Plain and simple. I'm not lettin that homerism **** pass.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

And rest assured, I agree. If my QB sat and ate donuts all day behind the line of scrimmage but got me to the Super Bowl, I wouldn't give a **** about stats, who better, or anything either. No question I'm on board with that part.

But when Seattle fans spit in my face with Russ makes Marshawn Lynch a better RB, then we fightin. Plain and simple. I'm not lettin that homerism **** pass.
I'm pretty sure you're just ranting about this for weeks because someone said Luck and Wilson were comparable this season, tho....

eyes.gif

I am far from a Brady fan, in spite of the fact that I live blocks away from his parents and know his sister.  But I firmly believe Brady should get MVP votes based on how he played this year.  This may be the most impressive season from Brady to date, IMO.

thanks. didn't want to say it and look like a brady homer :lol:

+1

i remember the play he did it, too. pretty early in the year
Never seen Brady overthrow or misplace that many balls. Made me curious, had to be a slight injury of some sort.

We knew it wasn't nerves or the moment, 3-time SB winner.

I am far from a Brady fan, in spite of the fact that I live blocks away from his parents and know his sister.  But I firmly believe Brady should get MVP votes based on how he played this year.  This may be the most impressive season from Brady to date, IMO.
I think the season as a whole is incredibly impressive and I am a Brady booster as far as his overall legacy goes.  But he didn't have a complete season- had some really bad streaks.  This year I give BB far more credit for what he's been able to get out of the team.

Of course the talent is severely lacking, but I don't think that's totally an excuse for Brady's inaccuracy this season.  I think he's starting his decline.

Wouldn't shock me if they bring in more WR talent next year and prove me wrong, though.

I think the season as a whole is incredibly impressive and I am a Brady booster as far as his overall legacy goes.  But he didn't have a complete season- had some really bad streaks.  This year I give BB far more credit for what he's been able to get out of the team.

Of course the talent is severely lacking, but I don't think that's totally an excuse for Brady's inaccuracy this season.  I think he's starting his decline.

Wouldn't shock me if they bring in more WR talent next year and prove me wrong, though.
Let Gronk get healthy. Give Thompkins and Dobson another year to develop.

Deep receiver class, take your pick. Maybe a flier on Colt if you believe in Bill's reformation program.

Retool the defense with improved player personnel.

thanks. didn't want to say it and look like a brady homer :lol:

+1

i remember the play he did it, too. pretty early in the year
Never seen Brady overthrow or misplace that many balls. Made me curious, had to be a slight injury of some sort.

We knew it wasn't nerves or the moment, 3-time SB winner.

i mean with regard to the deep balls...he's never been great on those 40+ yard throws. the only time he was dominant with it was with moss because it's tough to over throw moss. brady was never a 50 yard throw on a dime type of guy in my eyes. not what made him great.

this year looked bad, but he's overthrowing guys like edelman and collie. and he put a few bombs right on the money that were dropped as well, also killing his deep ball percentage. but regardless, the deep ball isn't his thing. 10-25 yards is the range where he's untouchable. it's why he was so effective with gronk and AH81.

this was just a tough year. edelman literally the ONLY receiver that consistently played. great, a nice reliable target that stands 5'9". the reaction to the departure of welker, the AH81 bs, and even gronk's issues was terrible by our FO (belichick) this year. hopefully they address it.

and agreed that a full offseason for KT and AD should help take their game up a couple notches. but they need a TE to compliment or replace gronk. i say replace as in fill in for him when he's hurt.

Last edited:
specifically on TB12's performance in the denver game...obviously not his best. the overthrow to edelman looked TERRIBLE. but people are saying an overthrow in the first quarter with the score 3-0 cost them the game. no thanks, not buying that. obviously if he hits it, it changes things, but when you only get the ball three times in second half, you're not going to win. the TD where he ran it in was almost like, "**** this ****, i'm doing it myself."

regardless, the margin of error this year was so small. i think we over achieved to get to the AFC champ game. it's why i wasn't totally surprised we lost to denver and why i didn't take the loss terribly.

Absolutely.

I'm pretty sure you're just ranting about this for weeks because someone said Luck and Wilson were comparable this season, tho....

:rolleyes

Aye man, that was told to me plain and simple.

Russ made Lynch good. We all read that crap.

And when we said Luck with Lynch + defense would be unreal, Seattle fans argued the point.

Guy literally naps during games but gets wins. Luck has to carry every single player on the Colts roster. Every detail of that team starts and ends with him.

Russ don't have that kind of pressure, at all.

specifically on TB12's performance in the denver game...obviously not his best. the overthrow to edelman looked TERRIBLE. but people are saying an overthrow in the first quarter with the score 3-0 cost them the game. no thanks, not buying that. obviously if he hits it, it changes things, but when you only get the ball three times in second half, you're not going to win. the TD where he ran it in was almost like, "**** this ****, i'm doing it myself."

regardless, the margin of error this year was so small. i think we over achieved to get to the AFC champ game. it's why i wasn't totally surprised we lost to denver and why i didn't take the loss terribly.
I can't believe how well JDR game-planned to defend the run. Execution was top notch. Lack of run presence and limited weapons/playmakers doomed Mr. Bundchen.

I can't believe how well JDR game-planned to defend the run. Execution was top notch. Lack of run presence and limited weapons/playmakers doomed Mr. Bundchen.

they really did do a good job. and as soon as we went down 10 points, we were definitely abandoning the run, which killed us. but we had no choice. if we had gronk, it'd be one thing. but it wasn't happening when collie and edelman are your main guys being targeted.

Last edited:
Aye man, that was told to me plain and simple.

Russ made Lynch good. We all read that crap.

And when we said Luck with Lynch + defense would be unreal, Seattle fans argued the point.

Guy literally naps during games but gets wins. Luck has to carry every single player on the Colts roster. Every detail of that team starts and ends with him.

Russ don't have that kind of pressure, at all.
I'm not getting into this with you bro.  You have some kind of vendetta on the issue and I don't find it that entertaining.

Re: Brady

This season is evidence he can still be great, but he can't get it done by himself with scraps anymore.  When Gronk was out at the beginning of the year, he was struggling.  When Gronk came back he really started clicking...  He went down again, they rebuilt around the run game and the team started winning games again.

But when Denver shut down the run, they just couldn't put up enough points to win.  BB needs to give Brady some real weapons at this stage in his career if their offense is going to remain top-level.

they really did do a good job. and as soon as we went down 10 points, we were definitely abandoning the run, which killed us. but we had no choice. if we had gronk, it'd be one thing. but it wasn't happening when collie and edelman are your main guys being targeted.
You want a receiver in the Draft, and take a flier on Colt?

Or let Thompkins and Dobson develop.

You want a receiver in the Draft, and take a flier on Colt?

Or let Thompkins and Dobson develop.

i'm willing to give KT and AD a year to develop if we can grab Amaro or ASJ. but that first pick NEEDS to be made and it NEEDS to be a TE or big WR

i'm willing to give KT and AD a year to develop if we can grab Amaro or ASJ. but that first pick NEEDS to be made and it NEEDS to be a TE or big WR
Maybe a WR with god-given athletic ability, not necessarily a gym rat with a high-IQ? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Jace is my guy. You'll love him at Foxborough.

I could see the Pats grabbing Coleman in the mid-rounds. Or one of the LSU guys, Landry or Beckham, in R2.

I love Martavis Bryant if you can keep his head on straight and working hard.

Back
Top Bottom