NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

wasnt sure which thread to post this in so I choose this one cause we be ****in around in here anyway
6BD98EBF-5827-47A6-A27B-352B761C8AE5.jpeg

pretty wild in 3 of our major leagues now the team with the best regular season record ever did not go on to win the title (LAFC not even making it to the final unlike the warriors and patriots)

wasnt sure which thread to post this in so I choose this one cause we be ****in around in here anyway

pretty wild in 3 of our major leagues now the team with the best regular season record ever did not go on to win the title (LAFC not even making it to the final unlike the warriors and patriots)

did a quick google and to see about MLB and NHL. apparently the record holder for the best MLB season lost the World Series too. 1906 cubs 116 wins 36 loses but lost the World Series . And the record holder for best NHL season the Detroit red wings, 62-13-7 did not win the Stanley cup So that’s 5/5 of our major leagues where the current best regular season record holder did not win the championship

The Patriots going 16-0 and then failing to win the SB will always be one of the biggest, if not the biggest in chokes in all of North American sports.

Definitely up there, but the reason I don't have it in the top few is because it was one game. Losing 4 straight it much worse. Anyone can lose one game. Giants had just played them tough a month earlier too.

did a quick google and to see about MLB and NHL. apparently the record holder for the best MLB season lost the World Series too. 1906 cubs 116 wins 36 loses but lost the World Series . And the record holder for best NHL season the Detroit red wings, 62-13-7 did not win the Stanley cup So that’s 5/5 of our major leagues where the current best regular season record holder did not win the championship

the 2018 Tampa Bay lightning tied those 62 wins..... and also lost. Wow

The Patriots going 16-0 and then failing to win the SB will always be one of the biggest, if not the biggest in chokes in all of North American sports.

nah.. i could see in 1 game some shh happening.. in all of north american sports, i'd argue cleveland taking out golden state given they were down 3-1 and 2 of those final 3 were home games for the warriors

now if we talking NFL and upsets, it is literally improbably how the falcons lost that game.. all things considered

i mean even the seattle super bowl L, seattle still had to score down there (obviously)..

but the falcons having that lead that late in the game with a pretty good opportunity to add points prior to getting cute.. AND having freeman and coleman both each averaging over 4 yards a carry and them only running it 18 times in the whole damn game

but yea.. if we're going biggest upsets ever in the NFL without the ability of hindsight then it's probably that giants team.. maybe eagles 2nd.. i gotta google super bowl point spreads.. maybe pats vs rams too

i think you can add the 2018-19 Tampa Bay Lightning to this as well (with getting swept in the first round to boot)

I had faith in the cavs to win in 7 that series, definitely didn't think they were going to come back from 3-1 though.

Considering the amount of talent on that pats team, combined with how they were -12 heading into that game and 16-0.. idk man. I felt everyone thought they were going to win, except for the Giants players.

I had faith in the cavs to win in 7 that series, definitely didn't think they were going to come back from 3-1 though.

Considering the amount of talent on that pats team, combined with how they were -12 heading into that game and 16-0.. idk man. I felt everyone thought they were going to win, except for the Giants players.

yea pregame, i would agree aint many gave giants a chance.. even with them playing them tough at the end of the season

would say it's either them or them vs rams prior to the actual in game play.. as far as recent upsets go

i seen the spread on denver vs green bay was over -10 too

Back
Top Bottom