NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

If I punch you I still get in trouble for assault even if I didn’t seriously injure you.

Garrett got suspended accordingly for what he did, not what he could’ve done.

if you punch me and i die, the potential consequences are very different from if you punch me and i go complaining to a referee

Your helmet is your livelihood..CTE doesnt occur in your kneecaps brother. Not to mention your cervical spine etc. you just don't mess with someones helmet. Maybe you never played football before but if someone’s trying to take my helmet off that means they’re trying to make me weak so they can hurt me. ..and thats NOT gonna happen to me so I can see how Garrett got to that point. If The NFL cannot empathize with any of that thinking then there’s something wrong here.

:lol:

yes, helmets are important...DURING play. this was after a play.

and i'm not excusing Rudolph. but to say he deserved a helmet swung at his head is OD. as i said before, Myles totally in his right to grab back, push/punch Rudolph. that's about it, though

if you punch me and i die, the potential consequences are very different from if you punch me and i go complaining to a referee

The suspension/consequences of doing what Myles did are right according to what he did. You’re right, if he hurts him it’s definitely worse, maybe a ban. That’s the point. He’s lucky.

Folks acting like Rudolph woke up like

74800503_10158528518312502_434232244576452608_n.jpg

Scoop Dunbarton lol

Rudolph didn’t rip off his helmet. He looked like he was trying to, yes, but we can’t say he did. We can say Garrett ripped off the helmet AND swung and hit a defenseless player in the head.

no I’m not going to say Myles needs any mental help or anything, he was caught up in the moment but my god don’t let yourself get caught up in the moment if that’s what you as an individual does when that happens
Bro...look at what Rudolph was doing. He was trying to take off the kids helmet. You think he was just rattling it on his neck? He was CLEARLY trying to pull it off. plus, Rudolph was going after Garrett. can a person be defenseless if they have offensive intentions? You just f*cked with someones skull and now your going after them knowing your going to get owned.

The suspension/consequences of doing what Myles did are right according to what he did. You’re right, if he hurts him it’s definitely worse, maybe a ban. That’s the point. He’s lucky.

i'm speaking to potential real world consequences..

if you and i get into a fight in a bar, hypothetically speaking.. there are a alot of things that could happen and alot of criminal charges could arise and there are also civil ramifications that could arise

or it could just be a fight in a bar

both myles and mason are lucky that the result wasnt worse.. but that unfortunately wasnt the only act of stupidity involving the use of a helmet from the night, but folks are discussing that

Bro...look at what Rudolph was doing. He was trying to take off the kids helmet. You think he was just rattling it on his neck? He was CLEARLY trying to pull it off. plus, Rudolph was going after Garrett. can a person be defenseless if they have offensive intentions? You just f*cked with someones skull and now your going after them knowing your going to get owned.

What’s your point? Rudolph trying to do something and failing warrants Garrett’s reaction?

How we went from dude getting 1 game for swinging at Incognito with his helmet a few years ago to dudes being banned the rest of the season for the same thing in the span of a few years is crazy

The chorus of outrage and calls for prosecution from talking heads had to play a large part in the league coming down so hard

How Rudolph escaped any punishment is also interesting to see...

seeing a player try to take another players helmet off in a tussle is not that uncommon man. You're acting like thats atrocious and whatever occurs from there is deserved.

Had Myles socked him in the face with his hand, we'd all be saying yeah, Mason deserved it. But he swung a helmet! A helmet!!! If you're scrapping with someone on the streets and hurt someone with your fists (with a willing opponent), its chalked up to an occurrence during battle. But if you pick up a crate from the floor and swing it at the dudes head, it becomes something different.

Ya'll really trying to say Mason deserved a helmet to the dome because he was charging him and tried to remove his helmet?

And another thing, getting attacked on a football field vs. getting attacked on the streets is way different. Best believe I'm using anything I can (bat, metal pole) if someone is attacking me on the streets because I'm a BA. I'll deal with the consequences after.

How we went from dude getting 1 game for swinging at Incognito with his helmet a few years ago to dudes being banned the rest of the season for the same thing in the span of a few years is crazy

The chorus of outrage and calls for prosecution from talking heads had to play a large part in the league coming down so hard

becuase in that incident, the helmet swing was missed?? Perhaps? I hope you can see that difference

Smith got 3 games from that. Not one.

seeing a player try to take another players helmet off in a tussle is not that uncommon man. You're acting like thats atrocious and whatever occurs from there is deserved.

Had Myles socked him in the face with his hand, we'd all be saying yeah, Mason deserved it. But he swung a helmet! A helmet!!! If you're scrapping with someone on the streets and hurt someone with your fists (with a willing opponent), its chalked up to an occurrence during battle. But if you pick up a crate from the floor and swing it at the dudes head, it becomes something different.

Ya'll really trying to say Mason deserved a helmet to the dome because he was charging him and tried to remove his helmet?

And another thing, getting attacked on a football field vs. getting attacked on the streets is way different. Best believe I'm using anything I can (bat, metal pole) if someone is attacking me on the streets because I'm a BA. I'll deal with the consequences after.

If a dude pulls you on your feet by your helmet then snatches it off with one hand and you still don’t believe he will beat your ***, everything that happens after that is on you.

Back
Top Bottom