NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Kerrigan been doing this for years

patrice.png

Perfect time to post the annual Steve Breaston gif doe

tenor.gif

Ben McAdoo slicked back his hair and benched Eli for Geno Smith, a guy who clearly wasn’t the future of anything at that point in time.

Shurmur is 10x better. The Giants have barely any talent on their roster.

Something I noticed in that Cam clip
There's not a receiver running a short route across the middle of the field
Thats an easy dump off and helps the QB get rid of the ball quicker

Yea.. on top of that you’re not forcing LBs to have to stay home or force a safety/safeties to creep up and account for guys

They had 5 guys out on routes and looks like cmc was only guy within 10-15 yards

EDIT:

Only makes sense on a Hail Mary or if you’re trying give cam space to run

Last edited:

You can't really see him because the line broke down and Cam is flushed out to the right and it took the camera that way, but you could see the shadow of a receiver coming from the left at about the ten yard line. That was most likely the short/intermediate crossing route you were talking about. Line broke down so damn fast it couldn't even develop.

Eli and Ben were still in college and Brees actually started against the Raiders.

Jarious Jackson was the Broncos starting QB in Week 17, 2003.

Notable QBs that played on that day:

Neil O'Donnell
Jesse "The Bachelor" Palmer
Rick "Oscar" Mirer
Chris "Crystal Chandelier" Chandler
Kordell Stewart
XFL legend Tommy Maddox
Danny Kanell
Tee Martin (!)
Two-time Super Bowl Champion Doug Pederson (who was just there to run out the clock :lol:)
Bucs legend Shaun King
Tim Couch (who never played another game after that)
Travis Brown (never played again after that)
Josh McCown (who threw a last second, game-winning TD against the Vikings to eliminate them from the playoffs)

Wait., no way the league would let the dude play 2 games in couple days right?

And if dude happens to go to the eagles, by some miracle, we play Sunday AND next Thursday

Yea.. on top of that you’re not forcing LBs to have to stay home or force a safety/safeties to creep up and account for guys

They had 5 guys out on routes and looks like cmc was only guy within 10-15 yards

EDIT:

Only makes sense on a Hail Mary or if you’re trying give cam space to run
Didnt see down and distance but it seems like they were trying to get the first down and didnt go for anything underneath

You can't really see him because the line broke down and Cam is flushed out to the right and it took the camera that way, but you could see the shadow of a receiver coming from the left at about the ten yard line. That was most likely the short/intermediate crossing route you were talking about. Line broke down so damn fast it couldn't even develop.
Yeah I saw the shadow but he was coming way late and as an OC if you know your line is weak you have to adjust your scheme
Also thought about the fact someone could have run the wrong route

I know you’re smarter than this post IATT :rofl: you can only play once per wk

I legit got zero clue.. but wouldn’t exactly shock me

Trying remember what it was jalen rose said about when he was traded and played 84 games that season

Jalen Ramsey isn’t going to the Eagles

Just doesn’t seem likely

wouldnt shock me.. trading something significant for say melvin gordon THAT would shock me.. but a guy at a position we value plus he's on his 4th year where howie would be able to work with the cap to do an extension now, i could see it (so spread stuff out over this year and next to lessen future years.. according to overthecap we have just over 24 mill in available cap space right now)

kinda parallels when we traded for jason peters.. also getting peters replacement last draft probably makes us more inclined to be willing to deal a 1st (plus getting a 3rd comp pick for foles.. and i think we get 2 4ths).. but like yall, CB was/is going be high on positions we would look at in the 1st (along with probably DT/DE, if a safety is worth it and if a center is worth it.. maybe WR depending on how the draft falls)

Back
Top Bottom