NFL Week 14 In Review.....Short Version...

Deuce King wrote:
Only teams that play defense are the Steelers, Ravens, and Broncos, and its disgusting
I'll just view you not naming the 49ers as an oversight on your part champ, no worries though.
I was actually just thinking of the AFC, in the NFC the 49ers and Cardinals are the only teams that have stand out defenses right now.

So the Packers have the Chiefs at Arrowhead, Caleb Hanie at Lambeau, and Detroit at Lambeau...

20 straight home W's vs Detroit dating back to 1991.

16-0 looks a lot more possible now than it did 2 weeks ago.

Cowboys
30t6p3b.gif
.....it was crazy how all of us fans knew that even when we was up it was too much time for us to @+!@ up....and look what happened. We'll see y'all again Jan 1st. Eli played a good game. I can't front at all on him

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Edit--

Only teams that play defense are the Steelers, Ravens, and Broncos, and its disgusting
I'll just view you not naming the 49ers as an oversight on your part champ, no worries though.

Early Doucet and Larry Fitzgerald would like a word with you, champ.

If that's the case then Marshawn Lynch would like to talk about the Ravens being on that list and Ray Rice would like to talk about the Steelers being on that list.  See I can play that game too champ.  How much time you got??  

I was actually just thinking of the AFC, in the NFC the 49ers and Cardinals are the only teams that have stand out defenses right now.

My man.

--As a defender you can't breath or touch Tom Brady, that penalty on London Fletcher was a joke.  Just another example of how Tom Brady has been cuddled a good portion of his career.  I would tell the Skins or Skins fans to send that tape into Roger Goodell of the incident in question, but I'm sure he'll just erase whatever is on the tape for the Patriots just like he did before.
While you're at it, tell the Skins fans to send a tape of the Andre Carter penalty "going low" on a JUMPING Rex Grossman and the Vince Wilfork unnecessary roughness penalty on a player who was not down when Vince hit him.
eyes.gif
This is bigger than Brady or anyone else being "cuddled", it's a league wide issue and the refs are OD'ing protecting offensive players. Defense around the league is already poor enough...NFL isn't making it any better having these soft *+* rules.

I'm sure you have no clue what I'm talking about anyway since your football knowledge extends to what Sportscenter anchors say and highlights on NFL Countdown.

head_up_butt_xlarge.png

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

--As a defender you can't breath or touch Tom Brady, that penalty on London Fletcher was a joke.  Just another example of how Tom Brady has been cuddled a good portion of his career.  I would tell the Skins or Skins fans to send that tape into Roger Goodell of the incident in question, but I'm sure he'll just erase whatever is on the tape for the Patriots just like he did before.
While you're at it, tell the Skins fans to send a tape of the Andre Carter penalty "going low" on a JUMPING Rex Grossman and the Vince Wilfork unnecessary roughness penalty on a player who was not down when Vince hit him.
eyes.gif
This is bigger than Brady or anyone else being "cuddled", it's a league wide issue and the refs are OD'ing protecting offensive players. Defense around the league is already poor enough...NFL isn't making it any better having these soft *+* rules.

I'm sure you have no clue what I'm talking about anyway since your football knowledge extends to what Sportscenter anchors say and highlights on NFL Countdown.

head_up_butt_xlarge.png

DSK beat me to it.

that game was officiated horribly. EVERY personal foul in that game was god awful. the hit on tom was close enough where every QB would have gotten that call. not just brady. the league is going too far out of its way to protect players now. even receivers are getting a bubble.

I'm convinced above is the reason defense sucks now. Players aren't allowed to play it, and when they try have no idea what set of rules will apply

We're just going to pretend that Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't stealing money?

Cam Newton almost gave Mike Smith a heart attack.

What's Julio Jones receiving average this year? Ridiculous what he does after the catch.

Imagine if Fitz had a real QB again...last time he did, he was in the SB.

Saints finna lock up a first round bye. That spells trouble for SF.

Rob Ryan is not his brother or his father.

- Teebowwww 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

- 49ers.. 1 & done

- TJ Yates 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. Might %%%! around and get that Schaub treatment after the season

- Cowboys
30t6p3b.gif
.. Unbelievable

Sportscenter anchors and hightlights on NFL Countdown..............LOL.  Only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong.  I was watching the game.  Of course Brady lovers far and wide are going to come out the woodworks to protect the golden boy, that's what they do.  However, even with your comparison of Rex Grossman while that may be true, Grossman doesn't have a history of penalities going his way like Brady does so your example is moot at this point.  The officiating has been bad this year in regards to unnecessary roughness pentalty calls on quarterbacks league wide, but lets not act like certain QB's in the league dont' have it better than others, for whatever reason.  At the end of the day, Tom Brady and any other QB for that matter is a football player, and should be treated accordingly.

the hit on tom was close enough where every QB would have gotten that call

Nice try, but we're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe champ. 

laugh.gif

people will always find a way to nit pick tom's game. comes with the territory i guess

Titans:
- I'll admit, Im suprised we kept up with the Saints and didnt get blown out like their last two victims
- we coulda had that game earlier if CJ didnt try to shuck-n-jive past that defender. sun coulda ran straight and gotten that first down.
- Locker played great except that last drive. he WILL get better
- Get well soon Nate
- Im probably the first to ask this. Hass was ready to play. why didnt he play on the last drive?
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

- if we win the next 3 games = playoffs

NFL:
- Tebow
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

- if the broncos beat the patriots, i will become a christian.
- i said my peace (in their thread) to that other team in the AFC south that clinched the division. you will be one and done come playoff time.
- cant spell elite without ELI. what kills me is the alotta giants fans @%@# on this dude.
- Big Ben displays the same toughness on the field as he does to those college chicks.
- i will be rooting against the jets from here on out.
- Godgers
pimp.gif

that is all

- Not surprised TJ Yates is doing alright, he should have been the #2 guy to begin with.

- Deion said it best, you can't touch a player who makes 12M per year
sick.gif

- Pats defense really need to show some cajones or they are one and done, Brady is not going to score 30+ every game, let along vs BMore or the Steelers.

So the Packers have the Chiefs at Arrowhead, Caleb Hanie at Lambeau, and Detroit at Lambeau...

16-0 is inevitable, I expect to see that defense come out and make a statement come playoff time when regular season stats won't mean *$+!.

QOTW - "No Tebow time this week" 
19-0 
pimp.gif

The Giants are the last team I wanna see in Lambeau come playoff time, i'll say that.

Was it really toughness with those girls? Not sure if the adjective is being used correctly there.

Rob Ryan and our secondary lost that game for us last night, not Romo. Romo played very well last night.

Tebow
pimp.gif

Eli played well, damn well
30t6p3b.gif

pierre-paul is a monster
pimp.gif

Giants won the east last night
Props to the Texans for a big win

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

- Pats defense really need to show some cajones or they are one and done, Brady is not going to score 30+ every game, let along vs BMore or the Steelers.
not holding my breath. look at the list of QB's that we've made appear brilliants from this year:
- dan orlovsky
- rex grossman
- chad henne
- mark sanchez
- mark fitzpatrick

and wait till this coming sunday when we face tebow. not stoked about that game at all. not sure if we can get to 30 points versus that denver defense and IN denver.

we're a 2-4 win team without brady running the offense...this defense is just god awful. we need to stop missing on our defensive draft picks.

Gronkowski. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Houston, some damn heart from them guys.  It ain't fair that they will get a home playoff game in round 2 and then be done.  They deserve better. 
tired.gif

Tampa Bay HAS to be quitting.  How in the @#$% you give up 41 straight to Gabbert? 
sick.gif

Locker, nice try, but damn kid, you have got to get that ball out of your hand on the final play, lob it, toss it, head butt it, something. 

Atlanta was on life support, still have no idea what the hell Carolina did there.  That should have been an easy close out. 

Brady handled that whole coach thing in the press conference perfectly.  But I wish the coach would have tried to body Brady on the bench, see that sidelines reaction to that. 
laugh.gif

Eli was the top 5 last night.  No question.  Shoes can make all the excuses he wants too, 2 weeks ago I said "Doesn't Romo always win games in November tho?  And then go out and piss down his leg in December"  Now he 0-2, yet again.  Good luck goin into NY in January and winnin though, least it won't be officially December at that point, his January record is much better. 

I know, I know, it wasn't Carson Palmers fault.  Yeah, he helpin though.  Makin those picks absolutely meaningless to the team. 

Tebow, the legend continues.  At some point, teams will figure out, no need for prevent defense, just stay in your main defense all day, he'll never get loose. 

Marion Barber. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Still not runnin up the middle, always lookin to take it outside.  Cost him good yesterday.  But that strip by Dumerville was insane.  I thought Barber was gone. 

Wilfork, Shockey, Moss, Olsen, and Gore all scratch for the U.  Thanks Wilfork, NOW you help me out. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

people will always find a way to nit pick tom's game. comes with the territory i guess

Rodgers got his helmet damn near popped off from blatant helmet to helmet yesterday and there was no call... Other fans see their QB take those hits with no calls and then see Fletcher on Brady get called and you see the result.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

- Not surprised TJ Yates is doing alright, he should have been the #2 guy to begin with.
did you watch the game? pocket presence was terrible, stared down receivers, refused to work through a progression. he looked like a rookie quarterback.... who happened to have a game winning drive.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

Rodgers got his helmet damn near popped off from blatant helmet to helmet yesterday and there was no call... Other fans see their QB take those hits with no calls and then see Fletcher on Brady get called and you see the result.
was rodgers going into a slide? in the same game, we get flagged for hitting rex grossman. it was called pretty evenly imo. we also got flagged for hitting a RUNNING BACK that was on the ground...but not even close to being ruled down.

i know vince wilfork has been flagged and fined for hitting QBs...so i know it's just not tom getting these calls. again, people love to nit pick the guy. get over it...

--James Harrison has got to the the dumbest !+#!* in the NFL bar none. 

no...you're just scared of what he's gonna do to your quarterback next monday. i know you're praying to tebow that the nfl suspends him.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

was rodgers going into a slide? in the same game, we get flagged for hitting rex grossman. it was called pretty evenly imo. we also got flagged for hitting a RUNNING BACK that was on the ground...but not even close to being ruled down.

i know vince wilfork has been flagged and fined for hitting QBs...so i know it's just not tom getting these calls. again, people love to nit pick the guy. get over it...
I've been over it, that wasn't my point... I'm saying that PERCEPTION is reality, you have more of a myopic view about the Patriots as other fans do of their own team as well.  The public is going to cue in on the calls that Brady gets and draw their opinion at that point.

But no, Rodgers was in the pocket and got hit helmet to helmet from the side... Chin strap came loose and almost lost the helmet.

NFL rules right now are complete garbage to begin with but when those calls happen when Brady is involved people are going to look at it differently.

Interestingly enough, the Cowboys can still afford to lose one more game (to Tampa) and still win the division even if the Giants win their next two games. However, if we lose to Philly, and the Giants win the next two games, then its a reynolds wrap.

On that note:

-- Denver's defense doesn't get the credit it deserves and is being overshadowed by the media's facisnation with Tebow.

-- Eli Manning did a complete 180 from last season. Wonder if brother Peyton is spending more time with his situation and all.

-- Rob Ryan is not to blame for the loss. How bout the defense isn't as talented as everyone constantly states? This is the same defense that got bbqed on a regular under Wade. We said it was Wades fault then. Now its Rob's fault. How bout the defense is just not full of talent?

-- Romo wears the star. Expectations are high. He will get criticized until he gets a ring.

Its interesting though. I wasn't around these forums back in 2001-2004 but considering the way Romo gets trashed around here, I wonder what you guys thought of the Ryan Leafs, Quincy Carters, and Chad Hutchinsons.

Back
Top Bottom