NFL Week 17 In Review...

Originally Posted by doyung9

After seeing Matt Flynn throw for 480 and 6 TDs against a team TRYING TO WIN, you guys really going to tell me Aaron Rodgers (who I like as a player) should be MVP over Brees? Did you see how the offense moved for the Saints once Chase Daniel got in there.

I'm sorry, I still think he's a Top 5 QB, but Rodgers benefits from being in a good system with great players, not saying the Saints don't have a great core around Brees, but he's more "valuable" to the Saints.

Can't wait for Saturday. Lions don't wanna come to the Dome.

roll.gif
For the love of god just stop.  Im glad you "still think hes top 5" and all but what you're saying is laughable.  Flynn had a freak game, Ill bet my 401k with you that he never throws for 6 TD's in a single game again in his career.
laugh.gif

Matt Flynn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chase Daniel and its not even close.

Have you seen Graham Harrell try to operate this magical-amazing-best-of-all-time system that McCarthy runs? Oh you haven't? Let me tell you it is not pretty.
laugh.gif
  And dare I say that Chase Daniel wouldnt be throwing for 45 TD's and 6 picks in this offense either.
laugh.gif

Again, if I catch one of you jokers telling me that Rodgers is a system QB and that McCarthy isn't the COTY somehow after the fact im going to lose my mind.
laugh.gif
  Double standard having @#*($@#)()#(%

Rodgers makes plays and throws every game that 99% of QB's on NFL Rosters wont do once in their careers.  Watch the football man, damn.

Jim Harbaugh should win COY, and Rodgers/Brees should be Co-MVPs. As much as Co-anything sucks, this is too close to call.

McNair and Manning were Co-MVPs in 2003.

I don't think it's fair to say Flynn had a fluke game. I think he's a decent QB that has learned from one of the best staffs in the NFL. He also has arguably the best receiving corp in the NFL too. That said, I don't think he would do well on another team unless they have the same (or near) as the Packers do.

I would actually give Co-MVPs to Breezy & AB. They both had monster years. Best Defensive player would go to Jared Allen. Offensive ROY would be Cam Newton & defensive ROY would go to Aldon Smith. I'd give coach of the year to McCarthy (slightly over Jim Harbaugh) & most improved player to Alex Smith.

Originally Posted by doyung9

After seeing Matt Flynn throw for 480 and 6 TDs against a team TRYING TO WIN, you guys really going to tell me Aaron Rodgers (who I like as a player) should be MVP over Brees? Did you see how the offense moved for the Saints once Chase Daniel got in there.

I'm sorry, I still think he's a Top 5 QB, but Rodgers benefits from being in a good system with great players, not saying the Saints don't have a great core around Brees, but he's more "valuable" to the Saints.

Can't wait for Saturday. Lions don't wanna come to the Dome.
shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt uuuuppppppppppp
Is it really gonna take another superbowl win for Rodgers to shut people up 
eyes.gif
. People are really saying hes still "top 5" 
laugh.gif

Im not gonna really let this get to me because im fully aware that only on NT threads will pop up of him possibly being the greatest of all time to not even the best in the league in a span of 2 weeks. 2 weeks in which he threw for 300 yards 5 touchdowns 0 picks, and then sat a whole game to rest.

Drew Brees is probably my favorite non Lion in the NFL but this MVP talk is crazy to me because its simply based on gaudy numbers.

All of the top QBs (all the top players regardless of position come to think of it) are a product of the system they play in & the players built around them. It's foolish to think otherwise.

Originally Posted by psk2310

I don't think it's fair to say Flynn had a fluke game. I think he's a decent QB that has learned from one of the best staffs in the NFL. He also has arguably the best receiving corp in the NFL too. That said, I don't think he would do well on another team unless they have the same (or near) as the Packers do.

I would actually give Co-MVPs to Breezy & AB. They both had monster years. Best Defensive player would go to Jared Allen. Offensive ROY would be Cam Newton & defensive ROY would go to Aldon Smith. I'd give coach of the year to McCarthy (slightly over Jim Harbaugh) & most improved player to Alex Smith.

You were doing good till you got to the end champ.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

psk2310 wrote:

Who were you going to give it to? I think McCarty should get it because his team has been so dominant. The only team that can beat them at this point is themselves (really if their D let's the other team out score their offense).   

Another thing, everyone is so strung up on the passing yards record Brees and Brady broke, how come not one person has mentioned what record Rodgers broke.
He beat out Mannings record with the best single season passer rating.

Manning 121.1

Rodgers 122.5

Not one person has mentioned this?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Drew Brees is probably my favorite non Lion in the NFL but this MVP talk is crazy to me because its simply based on gaudy numbers.
Some of the things I read here are simply amazing.
laugh.gif

psk2310 wrote:

Who were you going to give it to? I think McCarty should get it because his team has been so dominant. The only team that can beat them at this point is themselves (really if their D let's the other team out score their offense).   

The coach of the year IS and should be Jim Harbaugh without question.  As far as the Packers go and the only team that can beat them at this point being themselves...............the Kansas City Chiefs thought differently and the final score of the game proved that.   

The coach of the year IS and should be Jim Harbaugh without question.  As far as the Packers go and the only team that can beat them at this point being themselves...............the Kansas City Chiefs thought differently and the final score of the game proved that.   

I'll be fine with either. Both are deserving to me... It will be interesting to see how the awards shape up...

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Some of the things I read here are simply amazing.
laugh.gif

Aaron Rodgers was the unanimous MVP til Brees got close to that record.

That record would have held a lot more weight had another QB not broken it this year and a third miss it by less than 50 yards.

Anyone who thinks Aaron Rodgers doesn't deserve the MVP is going to be quite upset when he wins it almost unanimously.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

wait. harbaugh isn't in the discussion for coach of the year? 

Nah he is, and he should win it. What I've been pointing out is the double standards, everyone wants to all the sudden say that Rodgers is just a product of McCarthy's system and backup QB's will throw for 6 TD's on the regular, and if that is the case and you don't have Mac as your COTY then you should be shot dead.
laugh.gif

ZXf7v.jpg

laugh.gif

i don't think people are saying rodgers is a product of a system. they're just saying if you look at relative importance to their respective teams...rodgers' perceived importance takes a hit when the backup goes out and breaks the franchise record for yards and throws 6TDs. in NO WAY am i saying rodgers isn't important or doesn't deserve MVP, but that's just the perception. and again, if he didn't lose against KC, we are talking hands down unanimous MVP for rodgers. but that loss and flynn's performance definitely opens up some room for co-mvp talk. not brees for MVP talk, but co-mvp talk.

it's just like how some people in WIR and some analysts have said, it's evident the real MVP of the league is peyton manning after a manningless colts go 2-14.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

i don't think people are saying rodgers is a product of a system. they're just saying if you look at relative importance to their respective teams...rodgers' perceived importance takes a hit when the backup goes out and breaks the franchise record for yards and throws 6TDs. in NO WAY am i saying rodgers isn't important or doesn't deserve MVP, but that's just the perception. and again, if he didn't lose against KC, we are talking hands down unanimous MVP for rodgers. but that loss and flynn's performance definitely opens up some room for co-mvp talk. not brees for MVP talk, but co-mvp talk.

it's just like how some people in WIR and some analysts have said, it's evident the real MVP of the league is peyton manning after a manningless colts go 2-14.
THIS.
Drayton Florence 
roll.gif

Deuce King wrote:

Yea with each Niners win, Mike Singletary just looked worse and worse. What was up with him? Did he just not know how to really get everything out
of the players or something?

The coach of the year IS and should be Jim Harbaugh without question.

This. If the Texans hadnt been killed by the injury bug and finished say 12-4, i would say Kubiak would have had a great chance, but now I think its Harbaugh's to lose. Jim Schwartz deserves a mention too but he has to teach those boys some discipline.
[/quote]

Aaron GODgers should win the MVP. Drew Brees had a great year, but Aaron is way more efficient. Brees threw only 1 more touchdown and 8 more interceptions than GODgers. Brees threw the ball 155 more times than GODgers. Brees plays in a dome. People seem to forget that just last week, GODgers killed the Bears. 21/29 - 283 yards - 5 touchdowns. Drew Brees in his last game: 28/35 - 389 yards - 5 touchdowns - 1 interception. If GODgers threw the ball more and played in a dome (see the playoff game against the Falcons last year), his stats would be even better.

To the people discrediting GODgers because of the system he plays in, kill that noise. Since the Packers backup QB had a monster game, GODgers' success this entire season is irrelevant all of a sudden? If that is the case, the real MVP is Peyton.

Back
Top Bottom