NFL Week 17 In Review...

Originally Posted by University of Nike

I need to start a petition to ban the use of the word "GODgers" in S&T.

You're just salty that he isn't in a 49ers uniform
grin.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by doyung9

After seeing Matt Flynn throw for 480 and 6 TDs against a team TRYING TO WIN, you guys really going to tell me Aaron Rodgers (who I like as a player) should be MVP over Brees? Did you see how the offense moved for the Saints once Chase Daniel got in there.

I'm sorry, I still think he's a Top 5 QB, but Rodgers benefits from being in a good system with great players, not saying the Saints don't have a great core around Brees, but he's more "valuable" to the Saints.

Can't wait for Saturday. Lions don't wanna come to the Dome.

roll.gif
For the love of god just stop.  Im glad you "still think hes top 5" and all but what you're saying is laughable.  Flynn had a freak game, Ill bet my 401k with you that he never throws for 6 TD's in a single game again in his career.
laugh.gif

Matt Flynn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chase Daniel and its not even close.

Have you seen Graham Harrell try to operate this magical-amazing-best-of-all-time system that McCarthy runs? Oh you haven't? Let me tell you it is not pretty.
laugh.gif
  And dare I say that Chase Daniel wouldnt be throwing for 45 TD's and 6 picks in this offense either.
laugh.gif

Again, if I catch one of you jokers telling me that Rodgers is a system QB and that McCarthy isn't the COTY somehow after the fact im going to lose my mind.
laugh.gif
  Double standard having @#*($@#)()#(%

Rodgers makes plays and throws every game that 99% of QB's on NFL Rosters wont do once in their careers.  Watch the football man, damn.
I could have agreed to disagree, but you're just going over the top. Matter of fact, yeah, we'll just agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

i don't think people are saying rodgers is a product of a system. they're just saying if you look at relative importance to their respective teams...rodgers' perceived importance takes a hit when the backup goes out and breaks the franchise record for yards and throws 6TDs. in NO WAY am i saying rodgers isn't important or doesn't deserve MVP, but that's just the perception. and again, if he didn't lose against KC, we are talking hands down unanimous MVP for rodgers. but that loss and flynn's performance definitely opens up some room for co-mvp talk. not brees for MVP talk, but co-mvp talk.

it's just like how some people in WIR and some analysts have said, it's evident the real MVP of the league is peyton manning after a manningless colts go 2-14.
Basically. Yeah. Exactly.

It's like you can't say ANYTHING about Aaron Rodgers in here.

Coach of the year is Harbaugh. I mean, he not only proved why he was so sought after, he more than exceeded it.

Look where the Niners have been the past eight seasons and look where they are sitting right now.

Originally Posted by AirCommanderMarsFiend

Coach of the year is Harbaugh. I mean, he not only proved why he was so sought after, he more than exceeded it.

Look where the Niners have been the past eight seasons and look where they are sitting right now.

Agreed. I was a Harbaugh hater at first....but than I eased up and reality hit me and realized I was just being a hater because I was jealous that my team sucked @+@.

Looks like the NFL will announce all the awards via a newly created show hosted by Alec Baldwin the night before the Superbowl. Hope the league provides a private jet so he doesn't have any trouble getting to the gig. Story via ProFootballTalk.com here.

The Pats have a better shot than the Pack at winning the SB imo.

Packers D is terrible, just let up 41 last week, yet no one talks about their deficiencies(sp) on defense like they do the pats
eyes.gif

Brady > Rodgers.

Rodgers for MVP this year because he tore it up.

But the Packers are over-hyped and it will be proven when they fall in the playoffs.

Everybody is
eek.gif
at Rodgers that they're overlooking everyone else
laugh.gif
I've seen it happen with the Pats many times. GB aint winning it this year just like they werent going undefeated.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Packers D is terrible, just let up 41 last week, yet no one talks about their deficiencies(sp) on defense like they do the pats
eyes.gif
You know that Woodson and Matthews weren't even on the field right? Like, the 2 most important players on the defense?

Great stuff in here very interesting
Coach of the year harbaugh
Defensive rookie of the year aldon smith
Offensive rookie of the year newton
Mvp : Rodgers
Superbowl Mvp Alex smith
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

Superbowl Mvp Alex smith
pimp.gif
Even if they ended up making the Super Bowl and winning it........HEEEELLLL NOOOOOO 

Superbowl Mvp Alex smith
pimp.gif

if this happens
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

hell if alex smith can do what steve young and to a lesser extent jeff garcia couldn't do and win a game in green bay that would be shocking enough as is. hell green bay prevented a repeat in 95 considering the 49ers killed the cowboys in dallas earlier that season with elvis grbac as the qb.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by psk2310

Originally Posted by Deuce King

You were doing good till you got to the end champ.

Who were you going to give it to? I think McCarty should get it because his team has been so dominant. The only team that can beat them at this point is themselves (really if their D let's the other team out score their offense).   

The coach of the year IS and should be Jim Harbaugh without question.  As far as the Packers go and the only team that can beat them at this point being themselves...............the Kansas City Chiefs thought differently and the final score of the game proved that.   

jim harbaugh took essentialy the same team mike singletary underachieved with from 6 wins to 13 wins with alex smith as the qb.  that says all that needs to be said.

The look on Alex face be priceless if he holds that trophy
Haven't seen dude smile too much in the past 2 years
He's colder than cutler
pimp.gif

I just rewatched the Lions VS Saints game.

Everybody is going to say I'm and a homer but if Delmas is close to 100% I think we have a decent chance.

Everybody is
eek.gif
laugh.gif
I've seen it happen with the Pats many times. GB aint winning it this year just like they werent going undefeated.

I pretty much agree with this. I still think the Packers are very dangerous, but I'm really looking at the Saints as a team that can knock them off. My only worry is them having to win on the road back to back most likely. They couldn't even beat Seattle last year in a WC game.

Superbowl Mvp Alex smith David Akers 
pimp.gif

Fixed.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

eyes.gif
You know that Woodson and Matthews weren't even on the field right? Like, the 2 most important players on the defense?

What about the other 15 games?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Everybody is
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I pretty much agree with this. I still think the Packers are very dangerous, but I'm really looking at the Saints as a team that can knock them off. My only worry is them having to win on the road back to back most likely. They couldn't even beat Seattle last year in a WC game.
Saints aren't going to win a dam thing at Lambeau. 

Back
Top Bottom