NFL Week 3 In Review...

Oh yes it is Vick's fault. It's his responsibility to count the linemen he has on that side and count the rushers from the defense. If he counts more than his line can account for, he MUST MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT. Throw it hot (not to mention it was only like 11 seconds left in the half) OR audible to a run, but that's less likely considering the time restraints. To totally not see Kerry Rhodes is inexcusable. To sit in the pocket THAT long to wait for a route to develop is inexcusable. To do this two seasons in a row is just laughable. That's Vick's fault anyway you want to slice it.

definitely Vick's fault IMO too, a smart QB would recognize that. We wouldn't have been in the situation if we had a damn timeout that Andy wasted earlier

look at the replay and see Djack run a lazy *** route on the right side of the screen and who ever the RB was go block the wrong person.

So it's the o-line's fault for being crappy, d-jax's fault for running a lazy route, the RB's fault for blocking the wrong person....and Vick is 100% absolved from responsibility? I like Vick, but he never saw Kerry....pre-snap or during the play. Not to mention holding the ball longer than he should have. :smh:

And you forget, Vick did this last year too to close the first half. Throws it away 2 seconds too late and the half finishes with ZERO points again. Inexcusable.

Last edited:
Tackling needs to impove.

This actually disgusts me in general with the NFL today. Either dummies are just throwing a shoulder or using their heads to spear.Fundamental tackling is a lost art. Something so easy as wrapping up & almost 85% of today's NFL defensive players have no idea how to consistently do this. Position coaching has gotten terrible...

I feel like all D-Jax has been doing so far this year is running up the lines and wondering why no flags were thrown.

Pat Pete did grab his jersey but Desean like a sucker STILL coulda caught that ball had he just kept running and quit whining for a flag

He played well last week and got killed by Ed Reed on the exact same type of play but held on making the catch so no he hasn't JUST been doing that all year

Vick is not 100% scot free... like AG said he never saw kerry ...before or during the play & held the pill for entirely too long in the redzone .......

Last edited:
I wonder if the Iggles are gonna scam a 2nd rounder for Vick off some team :lol:

So it's the o-line's fault for being crappy, d-jax's fault for running a lazy route, the RB's fault for blocking the wrong person....and Vick is 100% absolved from responsibility? I like Vick, but he never saw Kerry....pre-snap or during the play. Not to mention holding the ball longer than he should have.
mean.gif

And you forget, Vick did this last year too to close the first half. Throws it away 2 seconds too late and the half finishes with ZERO points again. Inexcusable.
i was talking about that play only, i never said vick shouldnt get any blame.

my main problem is andy reid has got his QB's killed since he has been in philly, he wants his QB to drop back 40 times a game not use his RB's. i think we all agree vick shouldnt be dropping back 40 times a game

Missed most of the games yesterday but anyway:

- Got the win, but another sloppy game from the Cowboys.
mean.gif

- Impressive road wins by the Texans and Falcons. Falcons especially, they dominated the Chargers.

- Ponder and the Vikings looked real good against the 49ers.

- That hit on Romo.
sick.gif
He literally look deceased.

- That hit on Schaub.
sick.gif
sick.gif

- Brandon Pettigrew.
laugh.gif
I remember a Lions' fan (Sneakerpro?) saying he was comparable to the likes of Gronk, Jimmy Graham, and VD but he just let that Titans player take the ball from him. Prime's commentary on  that play on NFL Gameday was comedy.
laugh.gif

- I know DoubleJs was conflicted as hell on that Sanu TD pass to AJ.
laugh.gif

- All those turnovers finally caught up with the Eagles. Cardinals defense was abusing Vick.

- The finish in the Jags/Colts game kicked me out of the NT Survivor pool.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

my main problem is andy reid has got his QB's killed since he has been in philly, he wants his QB to drop back 40 times a game not use his RB's. i think we all agree vick shouldnt be dropping back 40 times a game

Agreed. It's flat out foolish to not run the offense through your best player. The playaction would be nearly impossible to defend if you get Mccoy going early. Obviously the Cards have a tough D, but that's where Andy Reid's "genius" finds ways to put the ball in your best players hands.

This week, more than any so far, was a great example that the NFL has definitely changed.

How many high scoring OT games or down to the wire games? When Pittsburgh gives up 34 points to Oakland you know something is up. 44-41 Lions/Titans game...Not sure what to think about this new NFL.

Last edited:
When Pittsburgh gives up 34 points to Oakland you know something is up.

Pittsburgh secondary has been the weakness of their defense for some time now. You add in Palomalu and Harrison out and that obviously weakens that defense at TWO levels. We've seen their defense be torched repeatedly. A subpar Peyton did it opening day. Maybe not the best example to use to make your point.

The week to week swings have certainly been interesting.

Only 3 undefeated teams, one of them being Quarterbacked by Kevin Kolb........:x

-vick takes a 3 step drop and rhodes was already in his face, thats not his fault that the sorry OL fault. im not sure how can yall blame vick when andy reid has been getting his QB's killed for years.

-josh freemen is horrible.

-yall want to talk about how CJ has falling off Nnamdi has fallen off worse then him. flitz ate him alive yesterday

-Patrick peterson is a top 3 CB

-hey saints RUN THE FOOTBALL

-i thought romo died yesterday

-welcome to big time football gerald McCoy, nice of sapp to talk to him also

Vick could have made some sort of call at the LOS (knowing that there were only :06 left in the half), acknowledging that Rhodes was coming in on a blitz. If he wasn't going to make a call, then it's up to Vick to change the play to 1) get the ball out quicker or 2) hit someone on a quick slant - or something along those lines. ZERO awareness from Vick considering the situation.

*In regards to D-Jax...NO excuse on his part to turn and complain to the ref while the ball was STILL in the air. This was on the go route when Patrick Peterson was covering him. The ball landed about 4 yards away from D-Jax's hands, and if he didn't turn to complain, he would have had a real good chance of catching the ball. :smh:

Last edited:
Also what happened to Ndomakung Suh?

Haven't heard about him having an impact yet this year. Just curious.

Kyle Wilson has not panned out like I thought he would.

Jets DB's are food.......:x

Edit:

Speaking of Jets DB's, when is Eric "Chuck Cecil" Smith going to get banned from the league. Head-hunter extrodinaire....:smh:

Last edited:
Mohammed Sanu > Josh Freeman

I'd trade the Eagles a 5th or 6th rounder for Vick right now. Freeman stands back there like a statue and barely ever gets hit, so I think Vick would fare a lot better behind the Bucs OL.

Back
Top Bottom