NFL Week 4 In Review...

I never said Alex Smith was a top 10 QB -- because he's not -- but good job bringing him into this discussion.

Yes, good for Matt Schaub! Six years, only once has he thrown more than 25 TDS. Only once has he thrown over 4500 yards.

36-32. Top 10.

Last edited:
I never said Alex Smith was a top 10 QB -- because he's not -- but good job bringing him into this discussion.

Yes, good for on Matt Schaub! Six years, only once has he thrown more than 25 TDS. Only once has he thrown over 4500 yards.

36-32. Top 10.

Yeap and you if you don't like it, exit stage left that way.

Top 10 QB I said it.

Yes, good for on Matt Schaub! Six years, only once has he thrown more than 25 TDS. Only once has he thrown over 4500 yards.

36-32. Top 10.

Yeap and you if you don't like it, exit stage left that way.

Top 10 QB I said it.

36-32. Top 10.

i was making sure you remembered. just for reference.

top tier qbs (in my opinion)
brady
brees
rodgers
eli
peyton

after that i'd put a cast of
flacco
ryan
schaub
cutler
romo
vick
stafford
roethlisberger

so is saying matt schaub is top 10, really that outlandish?

Explain to me how Matt Schaub is better than Ben Roethlisberger.

i'll give you roethlisberger. now we've named 6 better than schaub. you're telling me that any given sunday schaub can't compete with:

cutler
flacco
ryan
stafford
vick
romo

ight.

but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. he doesn't have to be top 10 in your eyes, he's just gotta keep playing winning football for my team. i'll take it.

Hey, shouldn't you be worrying about the draft? Or you want us to send you tape on how to run a proper zone blocking scheme.

Like I don't know my team sucks :lol: The only one delusional is well...you.

Considering I've never crammed anything and have only stated the obvious but it's ok, hey good luck this season !

[quote name="MMG" ]Last season with a healthy QB we make it to the Super Bowl[/QUOTE]

The sad part is I (and most football fans) don't even have a problem with the Texans. Perfect underdog story who has now risen to the top of the NFL class. But what kills it is fans such as yourself who parade the Texans recent success around as though we are all supposed to bow and praise what Houston has done. Ya'll haven't done a goddamn thing yet. Hell the Packers/Giants have played the most dominant football in the past couple years and their fans don't gloat half as much as you do for a tenth of the accomplishments. This is why you get this backlash.

And [COLOR=#red]do work son[/COLOR]

You're good. I definitely wasn't referring to you.

"Any given Sunday, he could be." Hell, wasn't Mark Sanchez top three after week one?

All I'm trying to say is... look at the bigger picture. He's crazy injury prone and hasn't proven anything. Zero playoff wins. Barely above .500 as a starter.

Is he playing great football this year? Yes. Was he playing great football last year? Yes. But you have to stay on the field and win games in the postseason. Period.

String together a year or two at this rate and we'll reevaluate this topic then. Right now... I cannot put Matt Schaub above guys like Ryan and Flacco, and especially Roethlisberger.

I don't gloat :\ stat facts but whatever :lol:

Like I said last week ill keep my opinions of my team to myself :lol:

4-0

That is all :pimp:

Also Matt isn't injury prone.

He's missed 16 games over a 8 year NFL career ( 5 as a starter ) not including this year

In 07 / 08 he missed 10 games behind a ****** Houston Oline

Then last year he missed 6 with his injury.

Stafford has already missed 19 games into his career and everyone was calling this man a top 10 QB this year :rolleyes and he's been in the L 3 years

AG, it's not so much that we're trying to gloat about recent success (although i can see how it seems that way). i think it's more a case of everyone just dismisses the texans as if we aren't to be reckoned with this year. and they provide us no football analysis as to why other than "they haven't been a traditionally winning franchise".

i'm not saying bow down to us, but at least treat us like we're in the room. i think our body of work from last season and how we've started this season warrants that respect.

AG, it's not so much that we're trying to gloat about recent success (although i can see how it seems that way). i think it's more a case of everyone just dismisses the texans as if we aren't to be reckoned with this year. and they provide us no football analysis as to why other than "they haven't been a traditionally winning franchise".

i'm not saying bow down to us, but at least treat us like we're in the room. i think our body of work from last season and how we've started this season warrants that respect.

All this.

Are we gonna gonna go undefeated ?

Nope

Are we a lock for the Super Bowl?

Nope

But at least respect my team and what's been done so far. Rather than just saying oh, it's Houston, it doesn't matter.

I think most football fans already recognize what the Texans did last year especially with an injury riddled squad and have done so far this year. For example:

Week 3 in Review

Eagles

- The Texans are one tough team, injuries gotta be the only thing that might derail them. Thought Shaub was dead after that second hit where his helmet flew off.

Falcons/Texans tryna make a statement

- The fans have turned me off a little bit on them but I am liking this Houston team more and more.

Houston just going to cruise along.

- JJ Watt is the man....Paging Mario Williams, paging Mario Williams....

- Impressive road wins by the Texans and Falcons. Falcons especially, they dominated the Chargers.

texans are probably the best team in football right now...

That last quote came from a Cowboy fan! And those were all in first few pages of the thread. People recognize the Texans are being a force. No rational football would say otherwise...it's the trolls on this board that throw out comments that MANY of your fanbase respond to and then it's, "Texans don't get respect."

Why are Niner fans so angry? The same thing the Texans fan is doing now, most Niner fans were doing last year. Let him cook

I'm a Vikings and I know in the grand scheme of things we stand little chance, but man this 3-1 start feels good.

I feel like a pawn used my AG 47...:lol:

People need to relax. This is week 4 going into week 5. Expectations should be tempered. Least I remind everyone Josh McDaniel's Bronco started out as a red hot 6-0 team with quality wins I might add. They looked like world beaters but ended up 8-8...Ya'll gots to chill...

Last edited:
Ahh, the schedule thing. It's funny how starting 4-0 can make that perception huh? When the schedules came out, though the Texans were coming off a breakout season, the schedule was still looking brutal with 3 of the NFC North teams, along with the Ravens and Pats, Peyton taking over for Tebow, and a Titans team that had finished 9-7, and "could easily sneak up on the Texans". Now that nearly all of those teams have some types of major flaws exposed in their wins/losses, suddenly "[our] schedule couldn't get any easier". Comments like that never cease to amaze me :lol: :lol:

2012 NFL strength of schedule
April, 12, 2012
Apr 12
1:46
PM ET
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com

Recommend2K
Tweet165
Comments2K
Email
Print

2012 NFL Strength of Schedule By Team

A look at the most difficult schedules in 2012 (based on opponents' 2011 record).
Rank Team Combined W-L Record Winning Pct. Games vs. Quality Opp.**

29 Houston* 121-135 .473 6
29 Buffalo 121-135 .473 5
31 Green Bay* 120-136 .469 7
32 New England* 116-140 .453 4
* 2011 playoff team.
** Quality opponents are teams that had at least nine wins in 2011.

135-121=14

Colts lost 14 games. This was pretty much an irrelevant post.

All I know is SAT will be on fire when the Texans or 49ers lose. :lol:

We've seen it before looking great early in the season dont mean ****.

Last edited:
All I know is SAT will be on fire when the Texans or 49ers lose. :lol:

We've seen it before looking great early in the season dont mean ****.

and when we do lose our first game, i won't sit here and make excuses. or hit you with a "we'll be fine" and not address it.

I feel like a pawn used my AG 47...:lol:
People need to relax. This is week 4 going into week 5. Expectations should be tempered. Least I remind everyone Josh McDaniel's Bronco started out as a red hot 6-0 team with quality wins I might add. They looked like world beaters but ended up 8-8...Ya'll gots to chill...

Just trying to illustrate a point by quoting the more respected members in SAT. Nothing but respect :pimp:

It's one dude, don't put us all in the same category.

Super bowls aren't won in the first quarter of the season. In a few weeks we'll all have a better gauge of the Texans.

im a pats guy , buy anybody speaking down on the texans are TROLLS

offensive line , rb , wide receiver , secondary , defensive line

they are A FORCE

revis is out for the year and nnamdi is ou there getting cooked by bums

jonathon joseph is the best corner playing football

Back
Top Bottom