NFL week 5 week in review: Shoes requested it & has QOTW locked & loaded

Finally glad to see Cassel has looked better in the past two games (nothing phenomenal, but good)
D. Bowe looking very good as well.
I'm interested to see if Jackie Battle can keep up what he did on Sunday, would definitely be nice to have a RB that can run 100+ after seeing Jammal get hurt
Next two games for the Chiefs are HUGE, our bye week comes at a good time to prepare for Oakland and then SD on Halloween night
pimp.gif

Around the NFL...
CJ is unreal...
I'm not a Tebow hater, so it's nice to see him do some work
Maybe for the first time ever it was nice to see the Raiders win...only because they had heavy hearts...RIP Al

And...how in the world did I pick up Janikowski off waivers in my league before the season started...dude is money.

AJ Green is going to be up there in that elite receiver group reallllll fast.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Calvin Johnson is the most physically gifted WR in NFL history? I know folks like to say that Moss holds that title, but when comparing the two, can you put one ahead of the other?
Have you ever seen a 6'5 240 WR w/ a damn near 12 foot broad jump, 4.3 40 speed,  40+ inch vert, 10.2 100 meter speed ?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

sick.gif

^ i'm still amazed al davis passed on someone 6'5 who ran a 4.3...

i'll just do the rest of the league first:

did not see the niners doing that

did not see the seahawks doing that

i really wonder what brett favre will do next to tarnish whatever standing he once had with GB fans.. rodgers about to esclipse that memory REAL QUICK (if it hasn't happened already)

NOW ONTO THE EAGLES:

I blame the coaches.. more should have been made of us switching our Oline coach to our defensive coordinator (a position he hadn't held since he coached in high school OVER 20 years ago)

but after this article this morning: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports..._its_not_for_Reids_Birds.html?cmpid=131298059
it dawned on me just how odd the hiring and the process itself was.. we hired our Dline coach (washburn) before we even hired our defensive coordinator.. so by doing so we had already decided whomever our coordinator would be would have to run washburn's 'wide 9' system with the DLine (which obviously impacts what else can be done with the rest of the defense)

so i'm not even sure we EVER had a real chance to get winston moss or mike trgovac from green bay, considering the system would be forced upon them.. so i don't know how seriously i take this:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/02/winston-moss-campaigns-to-coordinate-eagles-defense/

anyways back to the topic at hand, now i could understand if we had the personnel to pull this off.. unfortunately our draft strategy has always been to draft smaller '1 gap' DTs, smaller fastball DEs (guys predicted to be OLB in the 3-4, rather than 4-3 DEs) and fast LBs.. basically to fit the system run by Jim Johnson and then sean mcdermott

so now it's no wonder that with our DEs torpedoing towards the passer OR if it's a run play/screen/quick pass taking themselves out of the play, our DTs our are getting pushed around (because they can basically be double teamed every play) and our LBs are being easily blocked (because Olinemen are getting to the second level)

and our secondary, is just a mess.. we sign nnamdi who is a great press guy, and we throw him in zone.. we add new pieces to the secondary and run zone (where you need communication and familiarity).. only 1 member of our secondary is really even cut out for zone (asante) and yet we run zone

i mean hell, teams can easily manipulate our secondary by simply motioning a receiver so that asante becomes the safety
30t6p3b.gif

Nah, Only did it this week cus He asked me to.
Shoes QOTW are classics. He said he had some, but I see he hasnt posted them yet.

laugh.gif
Reggie Ball deprived us of seeing greatness on the collegiate level
30t6p3b.gif

Stats-wise sure. His collegiate career showcased his ability to adjust to badly thrown balls on a regular basis. I think we can all agree that was pretty entertaining.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

AJ Green is going to be up there in that elite receiver group reallllll fast.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Calvin Johnson is the most physically gifted WR in NFL history? I know folks like to say that Moss holds that title, but when comparing the two, can you put one ahead of the other?
Have you ever seen a 6'5 240 WR w/ a damn near 12 foot broad jump, 4.3 40 speed,  40+ inch vert, 10.2 100 meter speed ?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

sick.gif

Shhh. They'll know we're here.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by krazy88s

With the media and other talking heads. The Steelers win, they're experienced and taking care of business. Steelers lose, they're old and sloppy.
laugh.gif
Came in here to post the same thing. Steelers lose everyone is talking about "old" "sloppy" "horrible o line" "defense isnt what it used to be"...then they win and no one mentions a damn thing
laugh.gif
 typical.

You want a medal and praise for beating the Titans?  A team you should beat?  You've beaten the Seahawks and Manning-less Colts (barely) and you got stomped by Baltimore and lost to a Houston team that loves to give games away.  Let's not make them the media's most hated team yet.

The Titans are still one of the better defensive teams, its not like it was a game the Steelers should have won considering how bad they've looked and everyone already saying they were finished.
Statement game was made, and they won convincingly and looked good doing so.

Far from finished despite their issues and offensive line.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Pre-draft measureables
HtWt40-yard dash10-yd split20-yd split20 ss3-coneVertBroadBPWonderlic
6–5 3/4 *243 lb *4.35 *1.48 *2.50 *4.01 **X44½ in. **11'10" **29 *41 *
(* represents NFL Combine ** represents Georgia Tech pro day[31][32][33])

Crazy thing is my old college track teammate had almost the EXACT same measurables. Dude even looks just like Calvin in the face too
laugh.gif
. Goes to show not everybody's cut out for football no matter what size you are.

[Still a 3-way tie for best WR in the NFL...
/quote]

Never said it was a 3-way tie. I said Calvin might be the best right now, but you dudes switch "the best" WR's like you switch shoes.

I still don't feel he's miles ahead of Fitz and Andre. I can't RIGHT NOW until I see Megatron put up a performance similar to Fitz's history making playoff stretch the year the Cards lost to the Steelers.

I've seen CJ beast on DB's this year...no doubt about it. But I can't put him MILES ahead of someone who embarrassed that GB secondary (Woodson included).

Originally Posted by AG 47

/quote]

Never said it was a 3-way tie. I said Calvin might be the best right now, but you dudes switch "the best" WR's like you switch shoes.

I still don't feel he's miles ahead of Fitz and Andre. I can't RIGHT NOW until I see Megatron put up a performance similar to Fitz's history making playoff stretch the year the Cards lost to the Steelers.

I've seen CJ beast on DB's this year...no doubt about it. But I can't put him MILES ahead of someone who embarrassed that GB secondary (Woodson included).

If we're talking RIGHT NOW, why can't CJ be considered miles ahad of Fitz/Andre?  Yes, I know Fitz had an amazing run in the playoffs....but that was 2 years ago.    

Reggie Ball was terrible, didnt this !*%$$*% throw the ball out of bounds on 4th down once?!
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Came in here to post the same thing. Steelers lose everyone is talking about "old" "sloppy" "horrible o line" "defense isnt what it used to be"...then they win and no one mentions a damn thing
laugh.gif
 typical.

You want a medal and praise for beating the Titans?  A team you should beat?  You've beaten the Seahawks and Manning-less Colts (barely) and you got stomped by Baltimore and lost to a Houston team that loves to give games away.  Let's not make them the media's most hated team yet.

The Titans are still one of the better defensive teams, its not like it was a game the Steelers should have won considering how bad they've looked and everyone already saying they were finished.

I understand that.  But with CJ still not looking great and Britt out, I think that's still a team Pittsburgh should be beating nine times out of ten.  Ben is good enough to beat them even injured.  My point is that all of those statements made about the Steelers still hold true even after that game.  I don't think that's a statement game at all.

DoubleJs07 said:
AG 47 wrote:

/quote]

If we're talking RIGHT NOW, why can't CJ be considered miles ahad of Fitz/Andre?  Yes, I know Fitz had an amazing run in the playoffs....but that was 2 years ago.    

We haven't seen CJ perform in an arena of that magnitude yet. Not his fault his team hasn't been to the playoffs, just like it's not Fitz's fault his QB is struggling right now.
That performance (albeit 2 years ago) is miles ahead of anything I've seen Megatron do thus far. Partly because of the stage and partly because of the competition.
And it's not like Fitz just fell off either. His situation changed and of course he's off people's radar. Same thing that happened to Steve Smith the past couple years.
Not like we've seen Larry just drop balls or fall off in terms of skill.

There's no doubt that CJ is on fire and PLAYING the best right now, but does that make him the best by a mile? I can't say that's true.

Actually I think the statement is the young guys look like they can play so 'old' may not be an accurate description of the D any more. I think we see much less of Casey and Aaron, and even James Harrison when he is back. Already seeing less McFadden which is good

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I understand that.  But with CJ still not looking great and Britt out, I think that's still a team Pittsburgh should be beating nine times out of ten.  Ben is good enough to beat them even injured.  My point is that all of those statements made about the Steelers still hold true even after that game.  I don't think that's a statement game at all.
/comment  

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Actually I think the statement is the young guys look like they can play so 'old' may not be an accurate description of the D any more. I think we see much less of Casey and Aaron, and even James Harrison when he is back. Already seeing less McFadden which is good
Man, I don't ever wanna see Mcfadden play again... He had so much promise coming out Florida St but hasn't amounted to squat. When QBs see him out there, they can't wait to throw the ball his way. Rodgers lit his butt up when he played for Arizona... Rodgers picked on McFadden like a fat kid in gym class. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yooo yall remember when I had paypalled Al3 $ so he could order ESPN gameplan to watch Calvin Johnson play cus he called him Overrated 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Word to Gunna B Me

pimp.gif
I was trolling hard the night of that ND/Tech game. 
laugh.gif

I don't think that's a statement game at all.
/comment  

laugh.gif
 that's the best you got?

Like I said, you wanna think beating Tennessee at home is a statement game go for it.  Those same complaints about the Steelers ain't going to go away after one win.  And it's still week 5.  A little too early to be using the "everyone laughs when we lose and is quiet when we win" line.

Back
Top Bottom