NFL week 5 week in review: Shoes requested it & has QOTW locked & loaded

calvin-johnson-megatron-81edited1.jpg

Gunna & CP showing their age with names like Ernest Givens & Terrence Mathis
laugh.gif

Schaub had to throw it, sucks for Mario, I still think we're okay.

Fred Jackson
pimp.gif

Tebow
pimp.gif

Jim Harbaugh
pimp.gif

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
eek.gif
Peyton Hillis missed a game the other week bc his agent told him not to play

o no.

what is wrong with this kid?

ive personally heard he was dumb as rocks football wise. Thats why McDaniels got rid of him(thats not saying alot), bc they had to simpfy the playbook for him so much. He went to the perfect situation in Cleveland. every other team in the league now has a feature back. where does he think hes gonna go?

dumb agent, dumb player.  

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
sorry man I had to type reply twiceon blackberry one twice on iPhone just to get it to send.
Frustration set in O yeah the greatest TE To ever live will be on the field after the bye *salute

Witten just had his bye.

laugh.gif

Still a 3-way tie for best WR in the NFL...
laugh.gif

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Calvin Johnson is the most physically gifted WR in NFL history? I know folks like to say that Moss holds that title, but when comparing the two, can you put one ahead of the other?

Originally Posted by krazy88s

With the media and other talking heads. The Steelers win, they're experienced and taking care of business. Steelers lose, they're old and sloppy.
laugh.gif
Came in here to post the same thing. Steelers lose everyone is talking about "old" "sloppy" "horrible o line" "defense isnt what it used to be"...then they win and no one mentions a damn thing
laugh.gif
 typical.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Calvin Johnson is the most physically gifted WR in NFL history? I know folks like to say that Moss holds that title, but when comparing the two, can you put one ahead of the other?
Have you ever seen a 6'5 240 WR w/ a damn near 12 foot broad jump, 4.3 40 speed,  40+ inch vert, 10.2 100 meter speed ?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Pre-draft measureables
HtWt40-yard dash10-yd split20-yd split20 ss3-coneVertBroadBPWonderlic
6–5 3/4 *243 lb *4.35 *1.48 *2.50 *4.01 **X44½ in. **11'10" **29 *41 *
(* represents NFL Combine ** represents Georgia Tech pro day[31][32][33])

laugh.gif

two years ago:

Change the title to

Calvin Johnson is gonna be the greatest WR to ever play the game

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

still today, Moss is the most amazing athlete at the WR position.
athletically, CJ is Moss equal, and what sways it towards CJ is the size differential between he and Moss.

three years ago:

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
DoubleJs07 wrote:

-Saints could have used ElderWatsonDiggs at CB yesterday

roll.gif

-Calvin Johnson....I have never seen a WR cover as much ground as him in such few strides
We are all Witnesses

He came into the league with unmatched, size, skill, speed, hands and skrunngth and barring a career ending injury, he will leave this game
(straight face) as the Greatest WR of ALL TIME
Bookmark, print screen wateva, @ 15 yrs from now, I'll sign in to NT the day he retires
happy.gif
laugh.gif

As long as he has a QB and doesn't get traded to Oakland, you may be right....

Still, that's LOFTY praise.

Of course it is, but thats the standard , he's not Moss or TO where he's lacking in any specific area
Dude is the Prototype WR.
Homie has unquestionably the best combination of being the biggest, strongest, fastest, to go with hands.
He came into the league, I said the same thing, Now he's here, Im still sayin it,
No one has ever graded out as high as him going into an NFL Draft.
just think about how much talent he has,
of course it may not pan out,
but physically He's the Lebron James of NFL WRs, if he can maintain the mentality of Michael Jordan
he is about to set the NFL on its head.

My og point was the kid would "look" like a pro bowler with Brady tossin to him. Said before Moss even showed up. That was all. And dudes like Deuce went ape @#$% over that, and 4 years later I'm lookin ok, he still bitter

CP1708, what are you talking about??  You keep talking about stuff from the past or something from 4 years ago, but I'm talking about right now in regards to Wes Welker.  Nobody cares about his production with or without Moss back in the day, his work ethic that he developed in high school as a young football player, or his first steps as a baby or anything of the sort.  The second comment in this very thread was "wes welker........discuss", I made a comment that you didn't care for and your response had nothing to do with the topic at hand or was even insightful.  I don't even recall a debate me and you had 4 years ago regarding Wes Welker but if you feel in your heart of hearts that you won that debate then more power to you champ, every dog has its day.  That debate obviously meant/means more to you than it does me, but so be it.  Wes Welker is a good receiver and is very productive for that offense, that doesn't change the point that he lacks speeds though. 

who do you consider right now to be Above-Average - Great Receivers in the NFL right now?
For me, I don't really use the word "great" in regards to current athletes unless they have had or I see them having a legendary or hall of fame career.  With that being said the great receiver in the league right now are in no order Fitz, C. Johnson, A.Johnson.  The above average receivers are in no order Steve Smith, Desean Jackson, Miles Austin, Greg Jennings, and a few more.  Just as a stated earlier, I consider Wes Welker to be a solid/good receiver, strictly from a production standpoint I can see how or why folks would consider him an above average receiver but even with that being said Wes Welker wouldn't make my Top 5 or Top 10 receiver list.  After Top 10 who really cares, but that's just me though.  

At some point in their careers, Wes Welker, Earnest Givens, Terrance Mathis, Bert Emmanuel and Eric Metcalf all played the same slot WRs in pass happy offenses.

U tell me their good football players, I have no arguments, no one would argue, u tell me ANY ONE of them is a top 10 WR at the time that they played and I tell you you are simply a fool.

There it is.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Originally Posted by krazy88s

With the media and other talking heads. The Steelers win, they're experienced and taking care of business. Steelers lose, they're old and sloppy.
laugh.gif
Came in here to post the same thing. Steelers lose everyone is talking about "old" "sloppy" "horrible o line" "defense isnt what it used to be"...then they win and no one mentions a damn thing
laugh.gif
 typical.

You want a medal and praise for beating the Titans?  A team you should beat?  You've beaten the Seahawks and Manning-less Colts (barely) and you got stomped by Baltimore and lost to a Houston team that loves to give games away.  Let's not make them the media's most hated team yet.

laugh.gif

Dudes straight up beast.
pimp.gif

Randy was arguably similar in speed and obviously in height but Calvin is so much stronger.  I hate that this guy is in my teams Division but hes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
to watch. Megatron lives.

Well, damn
laugh.gif

He's always looked good w. bad QBs going back to his days at GT....FINALLY we get to see what he's truly capable of with excellent QB play. I just dont know what DBs can do to stop him. Bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone in a secondary. If he stays healthy...we're gonna be seeing an all-time great (co-sign what Gunna/Dre posted...)

eek.gif
@ those combine measurables that HM put up... damn

Not fair that a guy who weighs 245 got olympic speed in the 100
30t6p3b.gif

Yooo yall remember when I had paypalled Al3 $ so he could order ESPN gameplan to watch Calvin Johnson play cus he called him Overrated 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Word to Gunna B Me

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif
Reggie Ball deprived us of seeing greatness on the collegiate level
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
mogs used to hype that bum .....Patriots w/ another solid win and man Cam is the man....beast

Calvin Johnson is a beast. We all know that.
pimp.gif

Jets were/are over rated. 8-8 here they come.
laugh.gif

Dolphins managed not to lose this weekend, even though the Bye was favored by 3.5:
Curtis Painter should have started from Week 1 for the Colts.
Eagles
ohwell.gif

Giants lost to Seattle...
laugh.gif

Philip Rivers has been playing very mediocre (7 Ints).  SD has been lucky to play scrubs so far.
Tebow era has begun.  Orton may need to find a new gig.
Lions are legit.

I'm fine at this point with people calling CJ #1 but Smitty is number 2 right now and I don't care what anyone else says. Smartest, toughest, with all the physical tools there as well. He is going to end this year with video game numbers. For Dk to not put him in that elite group is beyond disrespectful to me.Also, Roddy White, where ya hands b? Now talk about a guy who is overratted, stick to ctaching them matty checkdown specials.

Back
Top Bottom