NFL Week 7 In Review...

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by BadaBing

Here's a question...What happened to Monday Night Football?

MNF has been horrible the past 1 1/2 years and probably longer. I didn't even watch tonight and it was still the same result. MNF used to be the premiere matchup every week, or so it seemed. Now, it's all garbage...Including Tirico.

The games have been decent overall. NFL needs better scheduling. Jets and Chargers should have been on. Jets and Miami? Who thought that would be good?
The last few years that's been one of the best games in the league (Ginn game, wildcat game on MNF, Marshall's first game vs. jets, etc.). If you didn't know that, you're not a football fan.

Cowher is not coming to Miami, he's not happy about our owner talking to Urban Meyer on the sidelines over the weekend.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Inexcusable loss by the Ravens.

This.

30t6p3b.gif

Called it in the last WIR

Trap Game ..

MNF back in the day with Frank Gifford (I wasn't around for Howard) and Dierdorf on ABC? Classic. Hasn't had that big game feel since ABC tried to 'jazz' it up and them when moved to ESPN. SNF now has the big game feel for the week

Originally Posted by dmxfury

MNF back in the day with Frank Gifford (I wasn't around for Howard) and Dierdorf on ABC? Classic. Hasn't had that big game feel since ABC tried to 'jazz' it up and them when moved to ESPN. SNF now has the big game feel for the week

This is what I remember the most. I miss those days. I hate they switched it to ESPN.

Originally Posted by nightruans

San Diego Vs Kansas City Next week for MNF

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

o wowwww

this year's prime time football schedule is horrendous.

did the Lockout change the MNF "open schedule" for later in the year?

flacco had nowhere to throw to last night ... under pressure and receivers were blanketed ...

that was his fault w/ the pick at the end ... ray rice was on smash ... the ravens offense didn't show up ... wasn't just flacco and he isn't the one to blame ...

still a bad L for the "best" team in the conference ...

- but thank u flacco / gabbert for that ... i held on for victory in fantasy
pimp.gif

the monday night football schedule has been horrible for real... i haven't watched a complete MNF game in like 4 weeks

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

flacco had nowhere to throw to last night ... under pressure and receivers were blanketed ...

that was his fault w/ the pick at the end ... ray rice was on smash ... the ravens offense didn't show up ... wasn't just flacco and he isn't the one to blame ...

still a bad L for the "best" team in the conference ...

- but thank u flacco / gabbert for that ... i held on for victory in fantasy
pimp.gif
I agree with you. I think it's safe to say at this point that Oher is a bust. He got switched back to the right side & still gets a ton of penalities called. You also can't depend on a career underachiever who disappears for large portions of games like McKinnie. If you had to compare those two to NBA players, Oher would be Mike Olowokandi and McKinnie would be Stanely Roberts.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by CP1708

If our last game is over at 1:30, by 1:31 that front office will be CLEARED out, be it them being fired, or fired upon, either way, they're done. 

So whatever QB gets picked in the top 5 by us, will have a new coach/GM and a complete rebuild.  Sell off any spare parts we can, get 9-10 picks in the draft, and move on.  That's my hope anyways.  We've screwed up about 20 drafts since 83, hopefully the new crew knows how to scout good talent and make good picks. 
ohwell.gif

If you're looking for draft picks, if Reggie Bush was cool with playing here and if I was Mike or Marv. I'd give you a 3rd and late pick. Like a 3rd and 5th or 6th. Or just a 3rd or 4th if I could.

What the hell are we going to do with Reggie Bush in a division where they play smash mouth football? No way in hell I'd use a 3rd round pick to bring Bush to the AFC North.

Chill. This is only after we somehow draft Trent Richardson. We have Bernard Scott. 5'10 and what 200-205. Reggie wouldn't be the every down back. Utility player. James Brooks ringing bells?

Yes its the account north but if we are in the position to add and stock talent, then a 3rd or 4th isn't crazy. I think he could be had for a 4th though.

Not a fan of adding Reggie Bush, and we surely won't give up a draft pick for him. When's the last time Mike Brown traded a 3rd of 4th round pick for anyone?

Originally Posted by Ryda421

this had to be one of the wackiest weeks in football in a while
laugh.gif

Yea, and one of the wackest.  You know the week sucks, when the highlight of it is a over-hyped quarterback of a 1-4 team, bringing his team back from 14 down, against an 0-5 team.

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by Ryda421

this had to be one of the wackiest weeks in football in a while
laugh.gif

Yea, and one of the wackest.
Co-sign. Just read teams are 3-9 coming off of bye weeks this year. Lots of injuries & horrible looking offenses, paticularly with offensive line play for a lot of teams. Most likely do to no off season programs due to the lock out.

Laughing at all the baltimoron ratbird fans calling the local radio stations jumping off the bridge so to speak. Comedy I tell you...

we need to get that grave digging thread started and stickied...

the thread would never die w/ the comments made on here ... i did state bmarsh was #4 ... i was def. smoking w/ that one ... maybe he'll rejunvenate himself w/ a new qb ...

good looks yall on the CJ dig up ...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by BadaBing

Here's a question...What happened to Monday Night Football?

MNF has been horrible the past 1 1/2 years and probably longer. I didn't even watch tonight and it was still the same result. MNF used to be the premiere matchup every week, or so it seemed. Now, it's all garbage...Including Tirico.

The games have been decent overall. NFL needs better scheduling. Jets and Chargers should have been on. Jets and Miami? Who thought that would be good?
The last few years that's been one of the best games in the league (Ginn game, wildcat game on MNF, Marshall's first game vs. jets, etc.). If you didn't know that, you're not a football fan.

Challenging my fanhood? This again. There is no way this game was worthy this season. Yes seeing Ginn blow by Revis was nice but the dolphins have been in a downward spiral. How about we put the Browns and Ravens on next week. Battle of the new and old browns. That will suck too.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by nightruans

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

o wowwww

You're thinking about Sunday night flex schedule.The game would be a hot game if Charles and EB were healthy.

Not a fan of adding Reggie Bush, and we surely won't give up a draft pick for him. When's the last time Mike Brown traded a 3rd of 4th round pick for anyone?
Can't recall but its a thought.

My point for adding him was that we've been looking for a change of pace back since Chris Perry and haven't really filled that spot. Maybe Reg could add that back and more.

I think the reason MNF is so weak is because they try to schedule as many different teams as possible so that people wouldn't get butt hurt that their squad that didn't make the playoffs in 10 years wasn't on the national stage. In my opinion, who gives a damn? Just watch your team play on Sunday and don't force us to have to watch these boring matchups.

I know it's difficult to make a schedule before the season begins and have to assume which teams will be good, but it's easy to assume Green Bay, New England, Eagles and Cowboys (even though both have underachieved, their games are always exciting) etc. would be competitive this year.

Just look at the NBA. How many times per season is their a matchup on TNT/ESPN where the Nets and Bobcats play? Like once a season? They might play the Lakers on primetime at least once a week but at least those games are entertaining. If I don't wanna watch popular teams like the Lakers, Heat, Thunder, Mavs, etc. then I'll just watch my local team. ESPN needs to realize that with the NFL and just set up marquee matchups and not these charity games they give up just so fan bases won't cry about it.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Frank, Al, and Dan.
pimp.gif
Those were the days. I'm not even tryin to be nostalgic like that, but that is when MNF was at it's peak. 

The crashing helmets...All of it.

i dont get all the hoopla about the lions talking trash to ryan. matt ryan said he didnt hear anything but even if he did so what? is trash-talking illegal in football?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

nightruans wrote:

alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

o wowwww

You're thinking about Sunday night flex schedule.

The game would be a hot game if Charles and EB were healthy.

Not a fan of adding Reggie Bush, and we surely won't give up a draft
pick for him. When's the last time Mike Brown traded a 3rd of 4th round
pick for anyone?

Can't recall but its a thought.

My point for adding him was that we've been looking for a change of pace back since Chris Perry and haven't really filled that spot. Maybe Reg could add that back and more.

Yes, that was also a different offensive coordinator that wanted to use the back in his system.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I think the reason MNF is so weak is because they try to schedule as many different teams as possible so that people wouldn't get butt hurt that their squad that didn't make the playoffs in 10 years wasn't on the national stage. In my opinion, who gives a damn? Just watch your team play on Sunday and don't force us to have to watch these boring matchups.

I know it's difficult to make a schedule before the season begins and have to assume which teams will be good, but it's easy to assume Green Bay, New England, Eagles and Cowboys (even though both have underachieved, their games are always exciting) etc. would be competitive this year.

Just look at the NBA. How many times per season is their a matchup on TNT/ESPN where the Nets and Bobcats play? Like once a season? They might play the Lakers on primetime at least once a week but at least those games are entertaining. If I don't wanna watch popular teams like the Lakers, Heat, Thunder, Mavs, etc. then I'll just watch my local team. ESPN needs to realize that with the NFL and just set up marquee matchups and not these charity games they give up just so fan bases won't cry about it.

I think what happens, is that the NFL takes last year's results and bases it's primetime schedule off of that.  For example:  The Saints/Colts game on Sunday.  When the NFL made the schedule, they figured that that game would be pretty damn exciting.  They didn't know that Peyton would mess his neck up, and be out for most of the season, leaving the Colts to suffer as one of the worst teams in the league.  It's harder for the NFL to make these primetime schedules, because the NFL is so damn unpredictable.  You don't know who's gonna be good in a given year (Even though you have a few teams that are consistently good).  It's easier to predict which teams will be good in the NBA, so they're usually spot on with their primetime matchups.
Someone mentioned it before, but the NFL should be able to adjust it's schedule to make sure the best games are on during primetime.

Originally Posted by abutta13

i dont get all the hoopla about the lions talking trash to ryan. matt ryan said he didnt hear anything but even if he did so what? is trash-talking illegal in football?

It's a slow week.

Back
Top Bottom