Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

thought I posted in this thread last night...realized today it was a different Flight 89 thread

Found some old pics on my phone
9A8D7194-A363-43E4-9DE5-CD41951F1515.jpeg

8270E519-F7CF-49BF-A28A-8EBD46D61437.jpeg

B0962E32-D064-40EC-919D-6252E63FFD86.jpeg

Had at least four or five more colors from that time period but don’t have pics…still have the obsidian (I think that was the color)/white flight 89…didn’t sell that pair off cause the sole separated

thought I posted in this thread last night...realized today it was a different Flight 89 thread

Had at least four or five more colors from that time period but don’t have pics…still have the obsidian (I think that was the color)/white flight 89…didn’t sell that pair off cause the sole separated
🤯

I have the same collection, except for the orange.

I also have the white-black and white-carolina, all crumbled though.

Classics

Those royal blue are incredible

Those royal blue are incredible
I also had the blue in 1989

My foot was quite big enough but I pushed my foot to the front of the shoes to make it seem like they fit so my mom would buy them for me

I was literally walking out of them on my way out of the mall

I also had the blue in 1989

My foot was quite big enough but I pushed my foot to the front of the shoes to make it seem like they fit so my mom would buy them for me

I was literally walking out of them on my way out of the mall
back when you bought kicks at the mall and wore home. 89 flight is one of those timeless silhouettes where every colorways needs to be copped like the bo jacksons.

give it to me baby 8)

1-1.jpg
1.jpg
eh, black and red footaction exclusive Flight 89's >

honestly those are two of my favorite shoes of life

had three pairs of the red and two pairs of the black​
Not a fan of the patent look on the 89s.​

Ah, the Footaction exclusive Flight 89's... I wanted these SOOOO BAD, back in late 2000/early 2001....

630381_011.png

A childhood friend had them back in the day, man was I jealous!!! I wish we could get a retro of these, but just with black durabuck, instead of patent leather...

Just picked up 3 pairs, it’s been a good day.

Dr Spoonie, you need a pair?

Quick question, the panels are a textile material correct? I can see the rest of the shoe as tumble leather but not sure how "soft" they are actually are.

The last 2 rounds of retros (including the true blues) were HORRIBLE PLEATHER that really disappointed me, despite my love for them.... (i owned the early 2000 retro and the post 2010 retros are despicable in quality in comparison)

Couple of other disclaimers based on ownership experience:
- the white midsoles, if white, will yellow for some stupid reason (AJ4s dont seem to age the way flight 89 white midsoles yellow for some reason) so if you are buying them and stocking them make sure to keep it dry so the air humidity/moisture do not lokey mess it up.
- I size up 0.5 so i can adjust with better insoles for best fit. This goes back to the type of leather used - if the leather do not give then its going to pinch your feet when you flex.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Quick question, the panels are a textile material correct? I can see the rest of the shoe as tumble leather but not sure how "soft" they are actually are.

The last 2 rounds of retros (including the true blues) were HORRIBLE PLEATHER that really disappointed me, despite my love for them.... (i owned the early 2000 retro and the post 2010 retros are despicable in quality in comparison)

Couple of other disclaimers based on ownership experience:
- the white midsoles, if white, will yellow for some stupid reason (AJ4s dont seem to age the way flight 89 white midsoles yellow for some reason) so if you are buying them and stocking them make sure to keep it dry so the air humidity/moisture do not lokey mess it up.
- I size up 0.5 so i can adjust with better insoles for best fit. This goes back to the type of leather used - if the leather do not give then its going to pinch your feet when you flex.

Thanks,

Yes and yes. I feel like the leather is a nice tumble with a soft touch to it. The upper is a rubberized textile with shallow grooves cut into the surface, it’s different and I think it’s a nice touch.

I think some of these midsoles and outsoles were a sail color right out of the box.

white-purple
white-orange Rucker Park
white-maroon-grey

the white-purples.... oh god

i remember the debacle where the online images were different than the version people received in terms of leather pattern/quality - not to mention the online picture was a metallic purple while the actual pairs were matte purple

Back
Top Bottom