Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
kinda true.

tbh i still dont know what i feel about resellers. 

imo the problem starts with nike. not with resellers not with bootleggers. they have to stop making shoes that people dont buy and mass release them plain and simple. focusing on a certain product would also improve its quality. for example instead of releasing 5-6 retros every month, focus on 1 retro and mass release them. quality would be better and more people would eat. 
that wouldn't work because people like to have many options in regards to sneakers. People would lose interest if Nike only released one retro a month. Nike releases a lot but the limited stuff just so happens to have people whining about resellers because certain people were able to get more pairs than others

Lol horrible comparison-Nike/Apple/Samsung, etc. design/create products that improve my life.. A reseller creates nothing for society.

How is it horrible comparing luxury items to each other. What I described apple and clothes are luxury items to some unless you shopping out the goodwill which I doubt u are.

Thus as a luxury item they can only improve by bringing you happiness in the joy of convince or self worth.

There are cheaper alternatives u can not own a cell phone or a cheap phone. or buy clothes that are made in America or sweatshop free and yes they do make them

See your Inability to understand basic analogies based on the preconceived notion that to have a moral high ground on something that isn't essential to life in one avenue then contradict your self by supporting brands and companies that actually have human rights issues shows a whole other level "lost cause"

But hey what do I know I mean I just know you gotta pay to play but to cry about resellers and bash them all day

(not a reseller my self)

Is pointless you prob have the money but have a moral thing I guess. Also, that reseller is providing a shoe to someone like you who Wants multiples or stuck out and wants happiness aka improved life (in that persons eyes) just at a premium price

Like people who buy idk luxury items..........

Lastly improvement of life is high subjective some people just happy to have roof over their head so that counter argument is lost as well

Which doesn't solve anything.

There really is no "try harder" logic here. You luck out or you don't. It has ZERO to do with any effort on those that want them.

I wanted them bad. I took the necessary preparations to secure a pair on release. I didn't get it for many reasons, but it had NOTHING to do with my own inabilities. I set myself up in the most advantageous way possible, still nothing.

Its luck and I'm sure NDC canceling with limited pairs available significantly hurt my odds.
If you put in more effort networking locally maybe you'd have better connections to hold you down.

resellers are NOTHING without consumers willing to pay the resale prices... if everyone who stuck out took the L and moved on, reselling would be ghost by the end of this summer

/discussion

Resellers are here. It is what it is. The argument is mute. We created the value and they have earned money off of it. It happens in all industries and will continue to happen. You have the power to make a personal choice to purchase a product or not. It is no different than PSLs for football tickets or people who buy Ferraris at retail and sell them for double to people who didn't have access. Concert tickets. Beanie Babies. Coins. Stamps. Baseball cards. You don't have to like it but you have to accept it. If Nike realized the Chis for $500 plenty of people would still cop but Nike would get bad PR. They know what they are doing.

People want a certain sneaker really bad, but only at their convenience, whether its price or effort exhausted, but then cry when people sell for a certain market that they don't want to pay.

Come on

Man this thread it's all over the damn place :smh:

Thread is on its last leg anyways the release is over and with few eastbay and FTL orders

Not much left

By now we be cheer on nike shipped orders.

PS

Same dudes crying about resellers are the same dudes on stub hub trying to catch a game

Think about that

So you hate resellers more than you hate Multi-Billion dollar companies including Nike who knowingly outsource there manufacturing so they can make there products in sweatshops with kids working long hours?  And its okay because that phone/tablet makes YOUR LIFE EASIER?  Dunno man I just dunno

for a release like this did you really expect to wake up at 9:55am est, go take a ****, brush your teeth and press two buttons online to get a pair? It wasn't happening. As for in store you would most likely have to run around and find out info, which takes some time and dedication.
Only reason people bash resellers is because they dont get a pair themselves for the price they want, then still want the item but refuse to do what needs to be done to acquire it.

I entered two raffles (only 2 spots in my area were doing it), tried online AND went to the spots for FCFS.. Still ended up with nothing.

At least when you give money to Nike they reinvest a lot of that into R&D and product design, resellers simply take someone elses work and sell it a higher price. Nike also provides people with jobs and donate to charity-do resellers do this? Maybe but certainly not to the extent Nike does.

I'd gladly give Nike $500 for a pair of these but I wouldn't even give a reseller a squirt of my p*ss if his life depended on it.

resellers are NOTHING without consumers willing to pay the resale prices... if everyone who stuck out took the L and moved on, reselling would be ghost by the end of this summer

/discussion
[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Are yall more mad at the reseller or the collectors who get multiple pairs and let them collect dust? 
smile.gif

No customer "must" do anything.

Nobody is forcing the customer to go to a reseller.

At all.
You missed my point and you actually proved why Nike was right in canceling their online release.

Nike wants THEIR customers to buy from them, not these bots that collect as many pairs as possible leaving THEIR customers with nothing. That's not the kind of business relationship they want to have.

Worse now is these ATC services that scooped up all these pairs can profit significantly.

What is their service?

They use a program that exploits a website script that bypasses the normal manual process of checking out. And people actually pay a 3rd party site in order to do this. Nike should be mad as hell about it, which they evidently are since they have now canceled two releases. Now those pre-order sites that have ZERO affiliation with Nike can make profit off this exploit while also damaging the relationship loyal customers have with Nike.

So if you have now many Nike customers that could have copped a pair from their site but couldn't due to bots, they now must take their money elsewhere to buy them, most likely a reseller. Why let these scumbags profit?

These dudes all sound like cry babies.  Bro you missed a shoe, so either pay up or move on.  It is what it is, We all created this monster now we gotta deal with it.  There are FARRRR GREATER PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD THAN MISSING AND/OR HAVING TO PAY RESALE FOR A SHOE!!!  There are literally people in this world that have never even seen a Nike shoe EVER, so get all the way out of your FEELS!!!!

@Misha Can you please tell me if the stiching goes pass the Nike check and also if the insole is easily removable and is not glued on? Are you able to take a quick snap of the insole and the nike check area? I'm expecting my ShoeGawds pair on Saturday. Much appreciated!

Naw blame yourself. You could of been at a fcfs early, you could have put in some raffles along with friends & family member to help you out. You could have did the research and "PUT IN THE WORK". You could have payed the pre orders which was posted in this thread a couple of time.  Stop blaming a reseller & blame yourself. You sound like, you wanted this release to fall in you lap. :lol:  

He could've done all those things, and STILL struck out. This thread is testament to that fact when you look through it and see how many people did the raffle thing, the ATC thing for NDC, only to be refunded later, and very few spots were doing FCFS around the country. Keep in mind that NOT everyone lives in a metropolitan city where there are plenty of sneaker spots around.

It was a struggle for most to cop a pair WITHOUT the help of a bot online with the other sites. Do resellers have an advantage? Of course they do. They have the product. The only thing I will say is that resellers also put in that work to acquire pairs. But the game is not on par with people that want these shoes for practical wearing purposes compared to those who want the sneakers in order to collect a pay day.

You missed my point and you actually proved why Nike was right in canceling their online release.

Nike wants THEIR customers to buy from them, not these bots that collect as many pairs as possible leaving THEIR customers with nothing. That's not the kind of business relationship they want to have.

Worse now is these ATC services that scooped up all these pairs can profit significantly.

What is their service?

They use a program that exploits a website script that bypasses the normal manual process of checking out. And people actually pay a 3rd party site in order to do this. Nike should be mad as hell about it, which they evidently are since they have now canceled two releases. Now those pre-order sites that have ZERO affiliation with Nike can make profit off this exploit while also damaging the relationship loyal customers have with Nike.

So if you have now many Nike customers that could have copped a pair from their site but couldn't due to bots, they now must take their money elsewhere to buy them, most likely a reseller. Why let these scumbags profit?
Once again, nobody is forced to do anything.

@Misha I got a USPS text update this morning saying they arrived in SF already wtf, it was expected for Monday. How do they look?

These dudes all sound like cry babies.  Bro you missed a shoe, so either pay up or move on.  It is what it is, We all created this monster now we gotta deal with it.  There are FARRRR GREATER PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD THAN MISSING AND/OR HAVING TO PAY RESALE FOR A SHOE!!!  There are literally people in this world that have never even seen a Nike shoe EVER, so get all the way out of your FEELS!!!!

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom