Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Metallic Red" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The mass majority of people obviously dont like them or didn't justify the $160 retail price. Me myself I love them. Absolutely no reason why they should stop making them because you think they aren't profiting off them. Remember the original AJ1 hit sales racks as well, do U hink they should have never released the AJ1?

You realize the OG AJ 1 actually sold really well right? Much like Kyries (which are selling well) they made so many pairs that a lot inevitably hit sales racks in 1986.

I don't know why people like you still believe this myth of the AJ 1 sales tanking in the 80s. Early Nike projections in 1985 were 100k pairs but the actual projections were soon moved to 3-4 MILLION when Nike realized how well AJ 1s were selling.

SOURCE:

I'm not missing out on any metallics
Nike will prob wait another 25 years before they release them again

Where did you get this logic from? They released non-OG metallics in 2009, which sold poorly and many people thought it was a wrap but here we are in 2017 with multiple OG metallic retros.

You realize the OG AJ 1 actually sold really well right? Much like Kyries (which are selling well) they made so many pairs that a lot inevitably hit sales racks in 1986.

I don't know why people like you still believe this myth of the AJ 1 sales tanking in the 80s. Early Nike projections in 1985 were 100k pairs but the actual projections were soon moved to 3-4 MILLION when Nike realized how well AJ 1s were selling.

SOURCE:

So how do u know personally navys didn't sell as well? Do u know how many they sold/produced? No. It's one thing to not buy a shoe because it hits sales racks but your suggesting they not make the shoe at all :lol:. As if they aren't profiting a ton.
So your telling me they made 3 or 4 million air Jordan 1s in 1985? That's crazy if so

Last edited:

SOURCE:

So how do u know personally navys didn't sell as well? Do u know how many they sold/produced? No. It's one thing to not buy a shoe because it hits sales racks but your suggesting they not make the shoe at all :lol:. As if they aren't profiting a ton.
So your telling me they made 3 or 4 million air Jordan 1s in 1985? That's crazy if so
I read the whole article, which was a nice trip down memory lane, but nowhere in the article did it state 3 or 4 million AJ1s were produced :lol:

I hope they keep releasing the metallic series. I'm a completionist and I love the clean minimal look of the shoe that looks better the more you wear them. I heard Nike makes their money regardless if a shoe sells out or not. The store that receives the sneakers has to push em out to make a profit. At least that's what I took from all the information I've attained since I been in the forums.

I'm not missing out on any metallics
Nike will prob wait another 25 years before they release them again

lol come on dog you know you dont believe that especially the way nike been retroing **** every 4 years

only people who collect 1's were after the OG metallic CW's, also the sub par quality JB puts on these retros doesn't help. they'll be at nike outlets in no time 

I honestly have a feeling that 1s may be going in the vault. After they close out this rwmaster trend. Than it'll be some years before they release them again.

Yea like 2 years.

Idk man, but the fact that these are so top tier I don't see how they can do any better or offer more to the table. Not with as much volume as they're putting out now per month. Seems like every month and a half there's a new 1 coming out. I just plan on flourishing and copping while the gettings good.

Jordan retros sell themselves all of the time. Most of the time when I go see a show that sat for months, it's only size 10,13-15. They sell guys.

People are so caught up in hype now it's annoying

Mine finally arrived...flawless...LOVE EM!! great quality! Just curious tho

I have all the og remastered 1s and maybe I just got an odd pair or maybe they were all made this way but the toe box on my navy's when I mash down its super soft and flexible...none of my others feel that way...is yalls navy's like that??

Last edited:
Mine should be here tomorrow. Cannot wait. Hope they look as good as some of the pics I've seen in here.

I honestly have a feeling that 1s may be going in the vault. After they close out this rwmaster trend. Than it'll be some years before they release them again.

There's no way they're going to stop making garbage Franken 1s like the Mids.. those cost like $2 to make.

Back
Top Bottom