Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Metallic Red" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

DJ delz said the leather quality was garbage... But some of your pairs have a tumbled look. Funny.

Stop thinking tumbled = quality
laugh.gif
Truth. People are so dumb.

Seriously, I think sneakerheads should stop calling any remastered 1 garbage. Like I've owned 1s from 08s-2013s and I gotta say. The remaster initiative is killing those. People still buy but call a shoe garbage. If they feel like trash why buy em and keep em in the first place?

So u think a shoe company shouldn't produce a shoe because it gets discounted? Do u apply that to other brands as well? Just curios

No, my point was that I didn't understand why they produce so many metallics when they are obviously selling worse than other CWs. I bet Metallics are more expensive to produce as well due to the different materials used as well.

yup. they know EXACTLY what theyre doing. they know what will sell good and what will sit. why you think they came up with the reserve system? lol they aint send out reserves for the suptempos...wonder why lol

What is the point of putting out CWs that they know will sit? (Serious) Do you think they produce cws like metallics to have OG retros on store shelves? (Because releases like Royals or Breds obviously immediately sellout)

dang, these aint really that metallic. red seems duller than metallic navys. i want em....but id feel like a fool for copping metallic reds that aint metallic like that lol

yup. they know EXACTLY what theyre doing. they know what will sell good and what will sit. why you think they came up with the reserve system? lol they aint send out reserves for the suptempos...wonder why lol
What is the point of putting out CWs that they know will sit? (Serious) Do you think they produce cws like metallics to have OG retros on store shelves? (Because releases like Royals or Breds obviously immediately sellout)
dont confuse "sitting" with not selling at all. they know they will still make profit from the pairs that sold at the end of the day, just not a sellout. they may not make as much profit cuz the shoes didnt sellout, but trust and believe they know the shoes will sell well enough to make a profit, even if its not sellout.

every company has products that they know wont sell like hotcakes, and they also have products they know will sell like hotcakes. if you look at other sneaker brands, youll see the obvious stuff thats heat that sells out, and then you see the regular stuff thats widely available.

jordan putting out like 1-2 shoes a week. at that rate, you cant expect them to put out only CWs that will sell out. youre bound to have cws in there that wont sellout and will sit.

Last edited:
DJ delz said the leather quality was garbage... But some of your pairs have a tumbled look. Funny.

dj stomachswelz is the last person you want to listen to about quality.

that fat imbecile was calling synthetic leather full grain leather in some of his vids

I am saddened by the dull looking color on the swoosh. That's making me rethink if I would even buy them when they go on sale.

Also anyone else wish the metallic red was like how it is on the 2nd pair of this video? Side by side it makes the upcoming release look more like patent leather than metallic.
Been saying it for a while. They should have stayed with the process they did for the 09 metallics. 

No, my point was that I didn't understand why they produce so many metallics when they are obviously selling worse than other CWs. I bet Metallics are more expensive to produce as well due to the different materials used as well.
They are making them because they are shoes and they are selling. do u think adidas should stop making the shoes that go on sale?
And why would a air Jordan 1 metallic be exspensive to produce? It seems to me a air Jordan 1 should be one of the cheapest models to produce

Last edited:
They are making them because they are shoes and they are selling. do u think adidas should stop making the shoes that go on sale?
And why would a air Jordan 1 metallic be exspensive to produce? It seems to me a air Jordan 1 should be one of the cheapest models to produce

No, but don't brands replace product that doesn't sell that well with products that do?

Like another poster said, not all products sell like hot cakes but it surprises me that they keep releasing metallics when the Navys sat for the greater part of a year.

You can try to deny this but the reality is that people just don't like the metallics anywhere as much as other OG 1 cws.

Got my pair. Very pleased...

I'm done with buying shoes (all makes and models [emoji]128514[/emoji]) for at least 5-6 months.

View media item 2430420

See,there is a metallic sheen. Fyi for all the people who saw them in store and thought. This isnt metalloc its just a shiny red. That store lighting really doesn't do these babies justice. It looks like candy red paint.

No, but don't brands replace product that doesn't sell that well with products that do?

Like another poster said, not all products sell like hot cakes but it surprises me that they keep releasing metallics when the Navys sat for the greater part of a year.

You can try to deny this but the reality is that people just don't like the metallics anywhere as much as other OG 1 cws.
The mass majority of people obviously dont like them or didn't justify the $160 retail price. Me myself I love them. Absolutely no reason why they should stop making them because you think they aren't profiting off them. Remember the original AJ1 hit sales racks as well, do U hink they should have never released the AJ1?

Last edited:
I'm not missing out on any metallics
Nike will prob wait another 25 years before they release them again

passed on metallic navys bc i knew i'd never wear them although they clean. even at $100 and slightly under, i was never compelled to pull the trigger. as for my storm blues i love them, but they still haven't seen the light of day but i couldn't pass up on that $112 from CB. i'm liking these red metallics alot and $130ish isn't bad, but they won't be getting worn right away so i'm leaning towards waiting for a better price. i think somewhere around $100 is good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom