Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Come on, you're selling him short. He'll at least be able to get some elite socks and a number two at McDonalds. Well worth the gas, time, and effort.
these will easily sell for $350 on FC. they take 20% which is $70 and leaves me with $280 and a $60 profit.  as of now i have 3 pairs locked so if i move 2 and keep one that means i paid $100 for the pair im keeping and not to mention i have a $200 champs gift card i bought for $160 so in the end i paid $60 for my personal pair. like i said all i care about is reducing my cost for the pair im gonna wear. if i can grab a 4th pair, my personal pair will be for free

What do u price yiur stuff at? Do they tell you a price range? I've never been before.
I undercut lol.

If they have pairs for $450 then I'll ask for $400 to get faster return.

When I throw Yeezys and Adidas Yeezys in I just put the highest price and let them sit.

these will easily sell for $350 on FC. they take 20% which is $70 and leaves me with $280 and a $60 profit.  as of now i have 3 pairs locked so if i move 2 and keep one that means i paid $100 for the pair im keeping and not to mention i have a $200 champs gift card i bought for $160 so in the end i paid $60 for my personal pair. like i said all i care about is reducing my cost for the pair im gonna wear. if i can grab a 4th pair, my personal pair will be for free
FREE MONEY is Free money.

I'm not trying to become a millionaire selling GRs but it does pay for trips and shoes.

Some words of wisdom:

If some of you think selling J's for $350 a pop that cost you $240 to obtain is making $$$$, you're living in fantasy land. Moreover, a 30% profit margin on selling kicks is weak to say the least and won't do anything for you in the long run.

The only way to be somewhat successful re-selling shoes is to make an initial investment of $100K to open a brick and mortar location while having an eBay store (see Sole Supremacy). Now that's a real business.

As Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank would say to the rest of the small timers, "What you have is not a business, it's a hobby."

Ain't nothin' wrong with resellin' as a hobby. But if you want real long-term $$$$, maximize your potential, talent, and skills, find a true career, go to college (if college is for you), do everything in your power to raise capital, start a business where your profit margins are more like 70%-100% as opposed to 30%, find a mentor or two to teach you  the ropes, watch Shark Tank and The Profit on CNBC, and aim to make a six-figure income by the time you're 25 years old.
30 percent margins are very good. the problem with shoes is that its not consistent and you don't get enough quantity. one of my mentors is a multi-millionaire online watch reseller. I don't think his margins are more than 30-40 percent but the volume is there. 
You said it right there - VOLUME. There just isn't enough volume to sell at more than a 50% margin, which is why a 30% margin on just a handful of pairs is weak. In order for a 30% margin to have significant impact to truly scale your business, you have to sell a huge amount of volume and do it consistently like you said. It's just not gonna happen with retro J's, which is done by so many people at such a small scale.

You said it right there - VOLUME. There just isn't enough volume to sell at more than a 50% margin, which is why a 30% margin on just a handful of pairs is weak. In order for a 30% margin to have significant impact to truly scale your business, you have to sell a huge amount of volume and do it consistently like you said. It's just not gonna happen with retro J's, which is done by so many people at such a small scale.
SS did take out equity so if the hobby ever tanks...they have a lot of debt from their buy outs.

yup

What do u price yiur stuff at? Do they tell you a price range? I've never been before.
the way they price is by looking up the shoe and size u bring in and looking up the selling history on that pair.  also if ur cool with the guys they give u better pricing but if u get a higher price theres a higher chance of someone under-cutting you. you can also email them and send a quote in for ur shoes if ur not from the area

SS did take out equity so if the hobby ever tanks...they have a lot of debt from their buy outs.
Oh I'm sure SS has a ton of debt...I've heard they make a few million in gross revenue per year (I believe it's in the $5 million range), but I bet their net profit per year is on the short end of $100-150K. Not to mention how much they lose in order to liquidate inventory they cannot move.

just remembered i have a $10 coupon for footaction, so i guess that's something. definitely gonna inspect my pair in store before copping though, hearing a lot about scuffs and factory flaws on these. again, there seems to be MAD pairs so everyone that is hungry should eat. good luck all.

yes 100% agree with you. volume is important. thats exactly what i did the last 2 months. i brought tons of jordans that were hot sellers and sold very quickly.  my sales came out to around 40k and atleast 30% of that is not to shabby for a side hustle/hobby in 2 months

A lot of people don't include the cost of time when making a financial statement as the one mentioned.

If you have to list 2 shoes let's say that takes 15 minutes.

Meeting 2 people 1.25 hours.

Entering raffles 30 minutes.

So a little over 2 hours, for all the effort. Let's say you make $20 an hour at work. You just reduced your take to $80 instead of your $120 and I don't know how you omitted tax. So let's say $40.

Time is valuable, lest we forget.

Come on, you're selling him short. He'll at least be able to get some elite socks and a number two at McDonalds. Well worth the gas, time, and effort.
So does your statement mean you don't pay tax on your shoes, which allows you to have $60 net profit?

I think it may look more like this, considering $220 plus 9% CA tax = $240.

$350 - 20% ($70) leaves you with $280. Subtract your cost ($240), which leaves you with a $40 profit. HUGE difference. Which means...if you move 2 and keep 1, you paid $160 for your pair. All in all, you paid $120 for your personal pair, which is not bad. But think about all the work you're doing just to get your pair at 50% discount.

Time and gas spent raffling at multiple locations.

Time and gas spent claiming your 3 pairs 5 days later on RD

Time spent coordinating your consignment with FC (if you pick up your check in-store, then factor in gas costs as well)

At the end of the day, you're most likely breaking even considering the factors I pointed above and which Mike Diamond also mentioned before me.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I aint' mad atcha cause it's your hobby. Getcha sum.

Last edited:
Investing 1k+ in these to sell them through FC in hopes of making a quick flip has to be one of the worst moves i've seen in a while 

Mann I haven't copped Jordans in a couple years but I really want these, some of my favorite J's ever.

My question for you guys, will I be able to get these online easy at 10 Eastern time? Or will they be sold out instantly.

Back
Top Bottom