Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Jb had one job to do

I just hope they get it right fit the remastered infrareds since it's so much more prominent on the og and 2001 pair.

And i know jb could've done it because they added that effect to the chrome 8s on the heel.

I'll still chop though, these look like the 2007 pair with no jumpman or 23. Not to mention the weird looking tongue
They did it justice. Looks exactly like the 2000's with a the new heel bumps instead of the chalky af motor oil looking OG.

2000>These>OG=2007>2011

I don't usually go this low, but I'm getting my friend to bot hustle these.

Last edited:
Jb had one job to do
View media item 2034778View media item 2034779View media item 2034780View media item 2034781
I just hope they get it right fit the remastered infrareds since it's so much more prominent on the og and 2001 pair.

And i know jb could've done it because they added that effect to the chrome 8s on the heel.

I'll still chop though, these look like the 2007 pair with no jumpman or 23. Not to mention the weird looking tongue

Yea I'll take this year's pair over the OG's thanks for the comparison pics now I'm even more hype. :pimp:

Last edited:
Yea I'll take this year's pair over the OG's thanks for the comparison pics now I'm even more hype.
pimp.gif
This man gets it.

Jb had one job to do
View media item 2034778View media item 2034779View media item 2034780View media item 2034781

People do know that the ankle part only happens due to age right?

Well I came out the store with a pair when they first released and it was not shiny so me> online pics

Not sure why you guys keep trying to tell yourself the retros are better than ogs. Just enjoy the damn shoes

Nothing will ever be better than the original. That goes for everything.

I also had the 2000 retros just sold them a month back the ogs **** all over the 2000 pair and the 2000 pair was actually nice

I just disagree with the nothing will ever top the Ogs way of thinking.

And I don't think anybody is trying to convince themselves that they are better than the Ogs. I honestly don't think anybody cares. It's the "OG" dudes that keeps comaparing and complaining.

Either way can't wait for these

And I don't think anybody is trying to convince themselves that they are better than the Ogs. I honestly don't think anybody cares. It's the "OG" dudes that keeps comaparing and complaining.

I just can't believe that people are saying " that nothing will top the ogs" when they don't know the exact material of the shoe..... Like what? Lol

Last edited:

i just like the extra detail, it's not necessary but i appreciate the look of it. I don't have to have owned it, it's just my preference aesthetically. The new look of the infrared and metallics looks very plain without the detail. It's just like those who prefer the full bllack durabuck 2012 charcoal 7s over the dura/nubuck OG and 2002 pairs.

I'm still copping the new pair but I'm sure many others can agree the the og would have been nice too.

Last edited:
It wasn't really shiny it was just more rubbery and smooth compared to what's used now
Yup, the material used then is completely different in today's age. Durabuck now last longer, preventing "wax look" from occurring.

My 2000 metallic 5, the back heel was starting to have that was look due to the constant wear/touching if the material

The durabuck with age loses it moisture causing it to have the look

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom