Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

How are people not knowing they are $220 this close to release day?

Weren't really on my radar until just a few days ago. Just assumed the $190 price point like most of the other recent releases.

After a quick check on the bay, seems that at $275 avg list price, there isn't any resale value so they may sit. I'll wait to see if I can get them later down the road for closer to $200 (before tax).
Most of the FTL's around here won't let you use VIP rewards on release day. I think they make you wait a week or so. If there still there, I'll bite. If not, oh well.

Last edited:
I know the upper is synthetic, but?

In MY experience, it's one of THE best materials that can be used, where longevity is concerned, for a black sneaker.

I see people say they hate this material. ..that it gets ashy over time.

Personally? Never had that experience. I BEAT my OG Black Inf'VI into the ground, and the upper was still really crisp. The Playoff VII from 4 or so years ago has the black Durabuck upper, and mine still look FOTB even w/multiple wears.

I always clean the Durabuck and waterproof PRIOR to the first wear, and in MY experience? Damned near anything I get on them comes right off zero issues. And, a five minute reapplication of a cleaner down the road brings the upper right back to life.

Obviously, we're all different and have different tastes. I'd also never attempt to tell anyone how to spend THEIR money, so if the price point bothers people, definitely DON'T cop.

All that said?

I'm a HUGE fan of this material and I can't wait to put these on the ground.

Right now I'm using Mint, only because I had it for awhile, it's decent, and I already paid for it. [emoji]128518[/emoji]

I've used it on a handful of kicks by now, all with quality results.

I won't claim that Mint is 'the best'. But, it works well enough. Like a lot of us, once we have a rotation, we notice our kicks lifespan increase due to less wears. My kicks probably aren't THAT dirty when I clean them, so I can't claim ANY product to be SO great.

Lots of dudes sweat by JM. Seeing a ton of pictorials online that make Reshoeven8r look really effective.

In the end, it's up to you what you use.

Even when the soles yellow on these they still look sickkkkkk

I went to champs they told me they only do their raffles til 5.. what about ppl with jobs??

I need one pair at least

It depends on the person..I remember going into champs beginning if the year and they said the same..went yesterday at 7. Funny cause I said the same "what about people with jobs?

I'm not totally sure, TBH.

Most of these products DO specifically say NOT to SOAK the material. You could make your own guess on what using too much MIGHT do.

Any waterproofer I've ever used has been an aerosol. After a thorough cleaning and dry time, you hold the kicks away from your body and spray the shoes. You can see the liquid hitting the upper, so it's not too hard to tell once you've gotten a str8 coat.

I'd guess if you soak the material too greatly it could stain it, possibly? Or, maybe become misshapen in drying? IDK. I've never used too much.

I do this to a lot of my black kicks. The 'Cavs' IV isn't Durabuck, but I treated it this way. After multiple wears those are still EXTRA crisp. Even my Black/VR VI, with that iffy upper, looks pretty good all these years later with CRAZY wears. ..they're not near DS looking to a 'sneaker head', but I still have random dudes tell me they look really fresh.

I'll 100% be doing it to these BM V's as well.

This is all just MY experience, I'm not claiming wisdom. Again, I see people say they HATE Durabuck. You could probably find guys that'll tell you exact opposite of what I did. But, ESPECIALLY with a $220 price point, I'd hope to be able to keep'em as crisp as possible, for as long as possible. And, for MY money? Yeah. If it's a numbered model J, 4-7, and a black based CW? Give. Me. Durabuck. Please.

A lot of the people who say they hate durabuck probably couldn't even identify the differences in durabuck, nubuck and suede and what releases used what

A lot of the people who say they hate durabuck probably couldn't even identify the differences in durabuck, nubuck and suede and what releases used what
I USED TO BE ABLE TO TELL.. IVE LOST TRACK LOL. ALL THESE RAFFLE TIX HAVE ME JEALOUS 
laugh.gif
  I CANT BELIEVE AC, NJ DOESNT HAVE A STORE THAT GETS RETROS.. SO IM SITTING BACK AND WATCHING. NO WAY MY GIRL IS GOING TO BE UP FOR A TRIP 20 MIN TO A MALL TO PUT UP WITH MY "PASSION" LOL... GOOD THING IS ITS SOUNDING LIKE GOOD ODDS SO HOPEFULLY SNKRS COMES THROUGH

I'm no expert on the subject. Obviously. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm not even sure my recollection of shoes I've owned over the years is accurate. Just being honest. Certain kicks I remember as being Durabuck may not have been, or may have been a different version of the same material and I'm lumping them together.

Like, the AM that the Fab Five wore when Webber called the TO. I remember that as being Durabuck, but maybe it wasn't. IDK.

All I know for sure, is that any black shoe that ISN'T leather? Whether suede, Durabuck, or Nubuck, I clean and waterproof OTB. And, I honestly feel like they're mostly tanks after that, far as how wear affects their aesthetics. After a few months of wears, simply clean and waterproof them again. And, *poof*. Even as the netting and outsole yellows, that black upper will look yummy.

Bruh was coming off all expert and then said reshoven8tor.
Lol.
That is the 6 pack short cuts of the shoe game.
Just preying on noobs.

Of the three types of material, durabuck, nubuck and suede my favorite is easily durabuck. They tend to break in better and have a softer feel over time. Nubuck remains too rigid for me.

It depends on the person..I remember going into champs beginning if the year and they said the same..went yesterday at 7. Funny cause I said the same "what about people with jobs?
just gotta go on your lunch break. thats what I'm doing. I don't have the time to complain you can catch bad karma that way.

Soon most all the raffles will be online, anyway, no?

That obviously doesn't help you THIS week, but at least it's a bright spot going forward. No more running around playing scratch ticket fever. Click. Click. Click. Done.

Back
Top Bottom