Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Thanks guys. It's a authentic on field jersey and it's by Rawlings. It's from 1991, the inaugural season for Comisky Park (now US Cellular Field). A friend on Facebook sold it to me for pretty cheap

I do have my well worn Bo M&N Raiders throwback but I've always wanted a black Bo Sox jersey. Either together with the Vs is like combining my two favorite sports icons of '89-'90, an era that will never be duplicated. I suppose a Gretzky Kings jersey could work too, but Gretzky's not Bo.

The fit will look even cleaner now that the Vs ditched the 23.

Awesome pickup, bro.

Last edited:
Here's pics of both of my pairs NT, & I need y'all help. My Backdoor pair looks questionable/fraudulent to me. Let me know if y'all need any more pics.
 ​
 ​
Backdoor pair on the left. Foot Locker pair on the right.
 ​
 ​
Here's where it gets questionable NT. The mesh on my Backdoor pair is like a solid white. The FTL pair is Ice Blue, and the mesh holes are smaller.
 ​
 ​
The Backdoor pair's (Left) Icey sole is slightly lighter, than the sole on my FTL pair (Right)
 ​
 ​
 ​
Backdoor pair's mesh
 ​
 ​
The Foot Locker pair's mesh
 ​
 ​
So, NikeTalk...
 ​
I'm I trippin'????
Or did I, get got???
Answers please, Immediately. I'll take more pics, if need be.
 ​
wink.gif
 ​

Last edited:

Here's pics of both of my pairs NT, & I need y'all help. My Backdoor pair looks questionable/fraudulent to me. Let me know if y'all need any more pics.
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Here's where it gets questionable NT. The mesh on my Backdoor pair is like a solid white. The FTL pair is Ice Blue, and the mesh holes are smaller.
 ​
 ​
The Backdoor pair's (Left) Icey sole is slightly lighter, than the sole on my FTL pair (Right)
 ​
 ​
 ​
Backdoor pair's mesh
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
So, NikeTalk...
 ​
I'm I trippin'????
Or did I, get got???
 ​
wink.gif
 ​

Last edited:
The mesh can look clearer at times or more opaque at times. That depends on environment lighting.

Here's what stands out to me:

1) The NA embroidery on the Backdoor pair looks smaller. I'm hoping my eyes aren't deceiving me, does anyone else agree? You don't want to know how many pairs I have now, it's a large number, but ALL of them hew pretty much exactly to what you see on your FTL pair. Meaning the branding is huge, as it's supposed to be.

2) On the Backdoor pair it looks like something is molded under your translucent heel. Whatever that is doesn't look good. None of mine have it.

3) The placement of the Air unit on the Backdoor pair looks off. Like it's set a little further back inside the heel.

4) The tongue sheen looks a little less noticeable on the Backdoor pair.

5) Look at the molding lines right above the "flex grooves" in the forefoot. They are like the squarish shapes in the polyurethane right above the grooves. They look higher on the Backdoor pair.

EDIT: 6) The translucent forefoot on the Backdoor pair looks thicker.

Does anyone else see these things? Or am I looking with too critical of an eye?

Last edited:
 ​
I'm seeing ALL of the above, @Pain. The mesh design is different, on both pairs. Look closely at the third pic, and yes, the Nike Air heel logo is smaller, on my Backdoor pair. Especially, the left shoe. Also, you can't tell in the pics, but the Durabuck on my FTL pair, is slightly darker. The shape of the shoes, are kinda different on the Backdoor pair, also.
 ​
So, what do you think I should do @Pain? Send the Backdoor pair back? Or, should I keep them, and just wear them???

Last edited:
First thing that I noticed was that the Nike Air branding looks smaller on the backdoor pair... But I've been drinking heavily so didn't give it much thought until @Pain mentioned it as well.

I'm seeing ALL of the above, @Pain
. The mesh design is different, on both pairs. Look closely at the third pic, and yes, the Nike Air heel logo is smaller, on my Backdoor pair. Especially, the left shoe. Also, you can't tell in the pics, but the Durabuck on my FTL pair, is slightly darker. The shape of the shoes, are kinda different on the Backdoor pair, also.

So, what do you think I should do @Pain
? Send the Backdoor pair back? Or, should I keep them, and just wear them???

Before you look into returning them, I'd first ask around if anyone else here has a Backdoor pair and a footsite pair in hand where they see similar discrepancies.

I'll post up my Backdoor pair and NDC pair when I get the Backdoor pair....really hoping they aren't GMs. Sucks to know maybe I did get got..........and I do see the same things you all see with Marz's pairs...but I would still wear them. I don't know about returning them but I think I would just wear them and try to forget about it. But...I shall see when my Backdoor pair comes in...

Backdoor pair's mesh

So, NikeTalk...

I'm I trippin'????
Or did I, get got???

:wink:  ​

Yo I felt the same way when I was checking mine out I'll post pics in the morning. I think my pair looks worse than yours.

With all this talk of the E being slanted or too small, has anyone else realized it's actually the K that's a bit taller?

Backdoor pair's mesh

So, NikeTalk...

I'm I trippin'????
Or did I, get got???

the NDC pair when looking at the back is also closer to the camera

Dudes are so paranoid :lol:
Inb4 but I paid such and such amount money and expect perfection.
Glad I got mine straight from the source

One of my worst fairs. Someone buying a pair of these from a secondary source or grey market aka expensive fakes and then exchainging or return them at a ftl,champs or footaction. Most of the staff don't exam crap they just looking to see if you wore it.

Backdoor pair's mesh

So, NikeTalk...

I'm I trippin'????
Or did I, get got???

Your pairs are legit. Maybe it is a flaw, in which I have no idea. The footlocker pair is in the middle, the Champs pair on the left and the footaction pair to the right. The Champs and footaction pair has the "white" netting and the Footlocker pair has an "opague" netting. The perforations in the netting were diffrent from the footlocker pair compared to the Champs & footaction pairs. So it apprears 2/3 pairs look more like your backdoor pair.

As for your soles, the color is slightly different, which happens on practically all releases. That is not a big deal. It is possibility that it had to do with the environments that they were stored in the warehouse.

View media item 2118325

Back
Top Bottom