Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I see nothing wrong with buying these on sale. It doesn't make you cheap
I'm cheap. Might even change my screen name. 
laugh.gif

You're a PAIN to read.

1. Many boutiques have been selling Retros for $175 (190 retail) a week after. 17+ went to $150 at many boutiques. City pack 10's all got heavy discounts within a month.

2. I'll be cheap. Only a fool would want to pay full price if given the chance to get a discount. I'm not insecure so I don't need shoes day off. ( Though I got these on RD in Europe for $165.

3. Why? Because you want people to spend full price? I'll stick to my $90 Aqua 8s and other retros that I can cop on F&F

4. My reality is the same reality everyone but YOU lives in.  You can pay full price. I rather get a discount.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want a discount on any shoe under the sun. Discounts are great. I commented in terms of THIS SHOE, genius, because we ARE in a thread specific to 2016 BLACK/METALLIC Vs.

1) I haven't seen one place yet, at least around east LA, that has these BLACK/METALLIC Vs at any type of significant discount.

2) As I said, discounts are great. But something is ultimately only worth what a person is willing to pay for it. When it comes to these BLACK/METALLIC Vs, I wasn't willing to chance waiting weeks or months for a discount. So I willingly paid the $240 (with tax). I paid it 9 times over for myself. Plus 2 more pairs for my kids. Not including the pair that my girl bought for herself. None of us are complaining about what we spent. Conclusion = These were WORTH THE MONEY to us, to have them in hand and not have to worry that they wouldn't be around a few weeks down the road.

3) This is getting redundant. More power to ya on your discounts, home slice, on a bunch of shoes that have nothing to do with a thread about the BLACK/METALLIC Vs.

4) If I'm in a different reality because I paid retail, then I guess a whole lot of us in this thread must be crazy according to your logic. I questioned YOUR reality because your original statements don't say you were making a general statement about every Retro that has released in the past year. Being that we're in a thread about BLACK/METALLIC Vs and all, common sense would lead someone to believe that you were referring to BLACK/METALLIC Vs. It's OK though, it can slide. I know common sense doesn't grow on trees these days.

Like I said, entertainment value. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not saying I wouldn't want a discount. Discounts are great. I commented in terms of THIS SHOE, genius, because we ARE in a thread specific to 2016 BLACK/METALLIC Vs.

1) I haven't seen one place yet, at least around east LA, that has these BLACK/METALLIC Vs at any type of significant discount.

2) As I said, discounts are great. But something is ultimately only worth what a person is willing to pay for it. When it comes to these BLACK/METALLIC Vs, I wasn't willing to chance waiting weeks or months for a discount. So I willingly paid the $240 (with tax). I paid it 9 times over for myself. Plus 2 more pairs for my kids. Not including the pair that my girl bought for herself. None of us are complaining about what we spent. Conclusion = These were WORTH THE MONEY to us.

3) This is getting redundant. More power to ya on your discounts, home slice, on a bunch of shoes that have nothing to do with a thread about the BLACK/METALLIC Vs.

4) If I'm in a different reality because I paid retail, then I guess a whole lot of us in this thread must be crazy according to your logic. I questioned YOUR reality because your original statements don't say you were making a general statement about every Retro that has released in the past year. Being that we're in a thread about BLACK/METALLIC Vs and all, common sense would lead someone to believe that you were referring to BLACK/METALLIC Vs. It's OK though, it can slide. I know common sense doesn't grow on trees these days.

Like I said, entertainment value.
laugh.gif
I was in the thread on RD and the majority of NTers copped on Euro sites at a big discount NOT retail.

I'm in Los Angeles...outlets have these SITTING in hash. Again, Metallic 5s, sitting at Outlet hash walls. Hash comes with a 20-30% off discount. So. Metallic. 5. on. discount. in. Los. Angeles.

No one asked how many pairs you bought. No need to stroke your ego on my behalf.

I'm glad I can entertain you.

Last edited:
Just sold my extra pair from NDC on offerup for retail yesterday, guy told me he'd been looking for a size 10 locally for a bit, I was surprised when he told me that, thought they were readily available. Need to find a size 8 for a family member and haven't found it locally, sizes are drying up in LA.

Just sold my extra pair from NDC on offerup for retail yesterday, guy told me he'd been looking for a size 10 locally for a bit, I was surprised when he told me that, thought they were readily available. Need to find a size 8 for a family member and haven't found it locally, sizes are drying up in LA.
Sketch had an 8.5 yesterday, full box. 

Sketch had an 8.5 yesterday, full box. 
Thanks, yeah I seen it there, its been there for about a week, would've scooped it up if there was a hash discount, waiting, but by doing so when I go back it could be too late. I think that is why it's still there, on the subject of discount, there are some people that don't want to or know how to put in the work to get pretty new releases under retail, truth is for some releases only few will get them under retail compared to overall worldwide or even statewide release numbers. As for me I will keep stopping by East Los waiting for that hash discount on those 5s.

Thanks, yeah I seen it there, its been there for about a week, would've scooped it up if there was a hash discount, waiting, but by doing so when I go back it could be too late. I think that is why it's still there, on the subject of discount, there are some people that don't want to or know how to put in the work to get pretty new releases under retail, truth is for some releases only few will get them under retail compared to overall worldwide or even statewide release numbers. As for me I will keep stopping by East Los waiting for that hash discount on those 5s.
Cop and price adjust. Hash discount should be this weekend.

I was in the thread on RD and the majority of NTers copped on Euro sites at a big discount NOT retail.

I beg to differ. Just in terms of the volume available to Euro sites versus stateside sites (I'll spell it out for you, LOTS more available here). You can't truthfully say that a majority copped on Euro sites at big discounts.

No one asked how many pairs you bought. No need to stroke your ego on my behalf.

No ego to stroke, home slime. Not once, until now (feel free to look it up) did I ever mention how many pairs I bought. And I only did it now to show that, at least to some people out there, these are worth MORE than what they're actually charging. These are my #1 shoe of all time. I'll never regret how many pairs I bought or what I paid for them.

outlets have these SITTING in hash.

What the hell is "in hash?" Speakie de English? Not. One. Outlet. I've. Been. To. Has. These. Sitting. Black. Metallic. Vs. Yes.

They say everyone HAS to have at least ONE thing to be good at.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want a discount. Discounts are great. I commented in terms of THIS SHOE, genius, because we ARE in a thread specific to 2016 BLACK/METALLIC Vs.

2) As I said, discounts are great. But something is ultimately only worth what a person is willing to pay for it. When it comes to these BLACK/METALLIC Vs, I wasn't willing to chance waiting weeks or months for a discount. So I willingly paid the $240 (with tax). I paid it 9 times over for myself. Plus 2 more pairs for my kids. Not including the pair that my girl bought for herself. None of us are complaining about what we spent. Conclusion = These were WORTH THE MONEY to us.

Like I said, entertainment value. :lol:

I'm in Los Angeles...outlets have these SITTING in hash. Again, Metallic 5s, sitting at Outlet hash walls. Hash comes with a 20-30% off discount. So. Metallic. 5. on. discount. in. Los. Angeles.

well that's cuz of the money conversion plus euro doesn't have the 220 msrp that Nike put on the states so they released at normal retro pricing. lucked out honestly

well that's cuz of the money conversion plus euro doesn't have the 220 msrp that Nike put on the states so they released at normal retro pricing. lucked out honestly
Doesn't negate the fact that most of us in this thread ONLY copped because of that.

They do that? I though they price adjust if it gets marked down but wouldn't add current discounts to previous purchases.
I believe you can. I've bought stuff on hash then came back to get a price adjustment. 
I beg to differ. Just in terms of the volume available to Euro sites versus stateside sites (I'll spell it out for you, LOTS more available here). You can't truthfully say that a majority copped on Euro sites at big discounts.
No ego to stroke, home slime. Not once, until now (feel free to look it up) did I ever mention how many pairs I bought. And I only did it now to show that, at least to some people out there, these are worth MORE than what they're actually charging. These are my #1 shoe of all time. I'll never regret how many pairs I bought or what I paid for them.
What the hell is "in hash?" Speakie de English? Not. One. Outlet. I've. Been. To. Has. These. Sitting. Black. Metallic. Vs. Yes.
They say everyone HAS to have at least ONE thing to be good at.
You already lost when your retort is an insult.

Do you, home slice.

Doesn't negate the fact that most of us in this thread ONLY copped because of that.

You already lost when your retort is an insult.

Do you, home slice.

Not sure where exactly I "insulted" you, but whatever. Trying to reason with you on this subject is like banging my head into a brick wall. Moving on...

why would someone willingly pay more when they know they can get it cheaper somewhere else :lol:

Personally, I won't deal with foreign sites because I've had acquaintances get royally screwed by them before. Plus there's always a chance they aren't legit or are selling GMs.

IF I can get a legit discount from a legit entity, of course I'm going for it. You really think I paid retail for any of my XXXs? :lol:

But if it's a choice between a) possibly shady foreign sites at a minimal discount, b) known legit local spots or US sites at retail, or c) passing altogether, if it's something I'm set on copping, I'm going with the devil I know. Even if it costs me a little more. Laugh at me all you want. I'm not up late at night wondering if my ish is fake. :lol: Or worried that my cc/personal info is in the hands of some foreign business thousands of miles away.

Identity theft. It does happen.

Last edited:
Personally, I won't deal with foreign sites because I've had acquaintances get royally screwed by them before. Plus there's always a chance they aren't legit or are selling GMs.

IF I can get a legit discount from a legit entity, of course I'm going for it. You really think I paid retail for any of my XXXs?
laugh.gif

But if it's a choice between a) possibly shady foreign sites at a minimal discount, b) known legit local spots or US sites at retail, or c) passing altogether, if it's something I'm set on copping, I'm going with the devil I know. Even if it costs me a little more. Laugh at me all you want. I'm not up late at night wondering if my ish is fake.
laugh.gif
Or worried that my cc/personal info is in the hands of some foreign business thousands of miles away.

Identity theft. It does happen.
My friend most of the foreign sites babyJs and select members post are legit. They would never post a fake site on here.

My friend most of the foreign sites babyJs and select members post are legit. They would never post a fake site on here.

I get that. I guess you don't remember a few days ago when Marz had his questions about the Backdoor pair, I was one of the first people defending BabyJ's rep, and I did it repeatedly because I've seen many of his contributions here over the years. He contributes more positive and helpful info than 99.5% of all the other NTers. I think his rep is beyond reproach.

This isn't about him. MY personal stance on foreign sites is that I won't use them. End of story. My sister was temporarily robbed of about $4K by one. Other people I know have been robbed but not so lucky in getting reunited with their dough.

I'm cautious with who I do and don't use online. And I'm fine with that.

I get that. I guess you don't remember a few days ago when Marz had his questions about the Backdoor pair, I was one of the first people defending BabyJ's rep, and I did it repeatedly because I've seen many of his contributions here over the years. He contributes more positive and helpful info than 99.5% of all the other NTers. I think his rep is beyond reproach.

This isn't about him. MY personal stance on foreign sites is that I won't use them. End of story. My sister was temporarily robbed of about $4K by one. Other people I know have been robbed but not so lucky in getting reunited with their dough.

True, I understand you're trying to be cautious.

THESE DAYS

It's Foreign sites > USA  with the taxes and Currency Conversion rates!!

Pshhhhttt

paypal

the only thing that makes me cautious about legit overseas sites are if the pair is jacked up. the return is gonna be a pain in the ***

and we allknow sometimes nike releases jacked up pairs

the only thing that makes me cautious about legit overseas sites are if the pair is jacked up. the return is gonna be a pain in the ***

and we allknow sometimes nike releases jacked up pairs
Same here, a while back I was sent some used Js and cheapest trackable way back was $75, mistake was on their end so they paid it but for nitpicking they probably won't pay post for return. Received a pair of London 10s with some paint peeling/missing on toecap too.

Last edited:
secondntime wearing them,, couple hrs in i got the squeaking. :smh:
i need a refund,, anyone out there return them after wear for the squeaking and got a full refund?
purchased from online finishline

Back
Top Bottom