Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Over a month later and I was able to walk in to my local HoH and pick up a pair with my birthday discount.
View media item 892328
I wasn't super excited over these since I had the 2010 pack, but seeing them die on the shelf in town made me decide to pick them up if I could get them on discount.

Last edited:
Over a month later and I was able to walk in to my local HoH and pick up a pair with my birthday discount.

I wasn't super excited over these since I had the 2010 pack, but seeing them die on the shelf in town made me decide to pick them up if I could get them on discount.
wish it was like this for more releases honestly

Yeah, I've given up on chasing Jordans because I don't like dealing with nonsense. If I can't walk in and get it a while after it's been out, then I don't buy it at all. I'll enter a raffle every now and then, but so far the only one I got a call back on was for the AJKO Chicago.

Yeah, I've given up on chasing Jordans because I don't like dealing with nonsense. If I can't walk in and get it a while after it's been out, then I don't buy it at all. I'll enter a raffle every now and then, but so far the only one I got a call back on was for the AJKO Chicago.
im pro raffle since i haven't struck out yet, so i guess you can say im biased. I think im 4/4 on raffles....(Toro 4, Infrared 6 White, Gamma XI, Infrared 23 3's for the lil bro) 

oh I'm not against the raffle, I'll enter for any pair I'm halfway interested in, I've only gotten the call once though, out of 2 attempts.

Comparison shot of a 2010 (top) and 2014. Wow the color was really different in that pack.
that color wasn't even close to og infrared im only 23 and i know that

oh I'm not against the raffle, I'll enter for any pair I'm halfway interested in, I've only gotten the call once though, out of 2 attempts.

View media item 892616
Comparison shot of a 2010 (top) and 2014. Wow the color was really different in that pack.

That's defiantly not a pair from the pack in that pic,those are the Varsity Reds.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure those are the varsity reds fam. You can even see the color on the hell pull tab

I returned mine last week and after thinking about it copped one off eBay on an invoice deal for $160 shipped. Dude lived pretty close by. The pair were DS in the box he didn't have a receipt so he was stuck and had to sell them. So I would look at eBay before getting a pair from Sweden.

Last edited:
That's defiantly not a pair from the pack in that pic,those are the Varsity Reds.

I'm running around taking care of things around the house, but before the night ends I'll take some tagged shots of everything from the pack box. I never bought the varsity reds, and aside from a few wears back in 2010 and 2011 the box and shoes have been buried in a closet for almost 3 years.

edit: While I'm trying to dig up my SLR to take some shots that aren't from my iPhone, I'd also like to point out that you can clearly see that the top pair has the white air bubble where as the varsity red had a red one, but I will take tagged pictures and another comparison shot soon.

Last edited:

I'm running around taking care of things around the house, but before the night ends I'll take some tagged shots of everything from the pack box. I never bought the varsity reds, and aside from a few wears back in 2010 and 2011 the box and shoes have been buried in a closet for almost 3 years.

edit: While I'm trying to dig up my SLR to take some shots that aren't from my iPhone, I'd also like to point out that you can clearly see that the top pair has the white air bubble where as the varsity red had a red one, but I will take tagged pictures and another comparison shot soon.

Did the 2010's come with a black lace-lock like the Varsity's? Cause that top who has the black lock

Did the 2010's come with a black lace-lock like the Varsity's? Cause that top who has the black lock

The White/Infrared 6 from the pack had a black/infrared lace lock, the black/infrared had an infrared/black lace lock.

The following are some mixed photos taken with a Pentax K10d using a smc Pentax-FA 35mm F2 AL lens, and an iPhone 5s. I haven't touched up any of the pictures, I just used the stock flash on each

iPhone 5s shot
View media item 893185View media item 893186View media item 893187View media item 893188View media item 893190View media item 893191View media item 8931922014 White vs 2010 Black Infrared
View media item 8935532010 vs 2010 black/white

View media item 893193View media item 893194View media item 893195View media item 893196
Pentax shot
View media item 893197View media item 893199View media item 893200View media item 893201View media item 893202View media item 8932032014 vs 2010 White vs Black Infrared

Here's some links to "professionally" shot photos from the blogs circa 2010 when the pack was coming out
http://www.nicekicks.com/2010/05/20/air-jordan-6-retro-infrared-pack-coming-to-america/
http://sneakernews.com/2010/03/10/air-jordan-vi-6-retro-infrared-pack-june-2010/

It looks brighter in the shots there, but I'm guessing that's thanks to proper lighting and shooting on a crisp white background.

Additional links comparing the Varsity Red to 2010 Infrared Pack
http://kix-files.com/2010/06/nike-air-jordan-6-retro-infrared-pack-varsity-red-comparison/

and here's a pro shot 2010 vs 2014 comparison http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2013/12/air-jordan-6-white-infrared-2010-vs-2014-comparison/

edit 2: I even left the pictures that show where I scuffed up one of my 2010 white ones, which is what kind of pushed me towards getting the 2014.

edit 3: finally found the link to the NT official thread from 2010 http://niketalk.com/t/228411/ajvi-i...ead-no-buying-selling-trading-splitting/0_100

Last edited:
So....now that all the proof is out there, you guys still thinking that's a Varsity Red or an Infrared like @mints said. Lol

I returned mine last week and after thinking about it copped one off eBay on an invoice deal for $160 shipped. Dude lived pretty close by. The pair were DS in the box he didn't have a receipt so he was stuck and had to sell them. So I would look at eBay before getting a pair from Sweden.
the only thing that sucks is you had a authentic pair you copped from a legit source. buying off ebay is like grabbing clothes from you're closet in the dark,you dont know what you gonna get.

I guess I feel it is not like buying Red Octobers. The chance of a GM pair on these is very small. The pictures checked out and you are Pay Pal protected so not really a roll of the dice on a shoe like this.

I guess I feel it is not like buying Red Octobers. The chance of a GM pair on these is very small. The pictures checked out and you are Pay Pal protected so not really a roll of the dice on a shoe like this.
there are fakes out there of these too. I have seen them in the JB price fake check. Always gotta be careful in this game.

Back
Top Bottom