NIKE AIR MAG 2015

Work smart? If I didn't buy shoes I wouldn't know about atcs or bots, it's nothing to do with being smart. Remember the only reason we have bots and atcs are because of resellers, most of these people don't need to sell items online to make a living.
Were they living in a cave the first time the Pepsi Perfect dropped? It was clear afterward that direct product links could be found prior to the announced drop date. Were they expecting something different this time? If they had a half a brain, they would have anticipated direct product links to get out again. 
Actually that had nothing to do with early links, they just dropped earlier than advertised. The whole point of this release was that Pepsi themselves was going to drop a link at the right time, no normal consumer would have anticipated some nerd would find a link before then.

Yeah there's no way regular consumers would have known to look elsewhere for links, the people that do have experience with this stuff.

That being said, Pepsi also didn't seem to know how bad it would be, otherwise they would have been better off just tweeting the link all along.

But the first time they just released early, that was a mistake on Walmart and Amazon's part. There was no way to anticipate an early link if you know nothing about early links.
I still think people should have had a reasonable expectation that it wasn't going to be easy and that a little leg work could have prevented them from being burned. If they wanted to believe that it would be simple without any hiccups, that's on them. This isn't just limited to this Pepsi drop. Southwest Airlines website crashed when they put fares on sale, have they never heard of a website crashing when something gets out of hand.

Is the internet supposed to apologize for making things harder to get now? They thought they'd be the only one trying to get it? I'm not sure what they want to hear, that Pepsi will just hand deliver them because they weren't able to get it. These are the same people that will be throwing elbows come Black Friday.

Everyone is different.  Some folks are not savvy at using computers at all.  Me?  If I want something or want to find out about something I use Google.  I usually find what I am looking for.  That is how I found NT many many years ago. I am the type of person to leave no stone unturned if I really want to find something.  Not every one is like that.

But the first time they just released early, that was a mistake on Walmart and Amazon's part. There was no way to anticipate an early link if you know nothing about early links.
Only Amazon released early the first time. Walmart released on Midnight EST (9pm PST) on 10/21/15.

Everyone is different.  Some folks are not savvy at using computers at all.  Me?  If I want something or want to find out about something I use Google.  I usually find what I am looking for.  That is how I found NT many many years ago. I am the type of person to leave no stone unturned if I really want to find something.  Not every one is like that.

Exactly

Some people on NT still ask for Niketown/outlet numbers when you could find out yourself by Google.

Some people still ask for product numbers when you can search eBay.

Can you guys create a pepsi post and talk about it there?
mean.gif
we'll be gone by spring 2016, you'll be aight

Exactly

Some people on NT still ask for Niketown/outlet numbers when you could find out yourself by Google.

Some people still ask for product numbers when you can search eBay.
Dudes ask where to find Nike shoes that are in FSRs on NDC :smh:

Last edited:
I still think people should have had a reasonable expectation that it wasn't going to be easy and that a little leg work could have prevented them from being burned. If they wanted to believe that it would be simple without any hiccups, that's on them. This isn't just limited to this Pepsi drop. Southwest Airlines website crashed when they put fares on sale, have they never heard of a website crashing when something gets out of hand.
Is the internet supposed to apologize for making things harder to get now? They thought they'd be the only one trying to get it? I'm not sure what they want to hear, that Pepsi will just hand deliver them because they weren't able to get it. These are the same people that will be throwing elbows come Black Friday.
If you feel that hacking and early links are the norm then live your life that way, but you can't knock a normal law abiding citizen for not being accustom to the baffoonary people go through for something material.

I mean, I'd normally agree with you, but this set of consumers should have been aware b/c the exact same thing happened with the first Pepsi Perfect release. That makes them lose the benefit of the doubt.
Exactly. Imagine how absurd the sneaker version of this scenario would be:

1) A person new to the shoe game misses out on a release because they don't know about direct links.

2) He proceeds to complain about it on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc.

3) Nike announces a restock with a time and date.

4) The existence of direct links is clearly evident now, but this time he still chooses to waste his time doing god-knows-what instead of searching for a direct link.

5) He misses out again.

6) He complains about it on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc. again.

If you feel that hacking and early links are the norm then live your life that way, but you can't knock a normal law abiding citizen for not being accustom to the baffoonary people go through for something material.
No, not accustomed to that in general. But if they were trying to get this pepsi perfect the first time, struck out, then they were accustomed to it this time around. That's all I'm saying. There was a precedent, and there was no reason to think it would be any different.

Only Amazon released early the first time. Walmart released on Midnight EST (9pm PST) on 10/21/15.
Wrong, my order was placed at 11:58 Est, and that was after procrastinating whether I should or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom