Nike Air Max Hyperposite, New $225 Foamposite Shoe in 2012

I've been closely following Nike Basketball since 1988.

What we're seeing now with the Hyperposite . . . returning for a second basketball season in a row . . . new releases emerging after *seven months* of no new colorways . . . has anything like this ever happened before?

Off the top of my head, I really can't think of another example of a model that kind of flopped (I bought multiple colorways from nike.com for $90 off retail) and then got brought back the next year for another run.

I can't even think of another shoe that got brought back for a second season even if it was a big hit the first season.

And by no means am I complaining. Just wondering if anyone can think of any other shoe this has happened with? I think the Hyperposite is by far the best big man shoe Nike has ever released, so I say keep 'em coming. But this really is odd.

I think the Zoom Rookie had a similar release schedule

I've seen the Zoom Rookie mentioned before, but that's a Nike Sportswear release, not a Nike Basketball release, so it's a bit different. Although it may be the closest comparison.

But for an actual basketball performance model to simply continue for a second year rather than receive a "sequel" or successor, I can't think of anything like it.

We had a release last month, a release coming up this month, looks like the plums will drop next month, who knows what else they might come out with. So it's certainly an unexpected and exciting turn of events. The Hyperposite is by far my favorite shoe to play in. I wouldn't change anything about it (except the price). There's really no need to do a 2013 update or anything.

And major props to team hyperposite for helping build enthusiasm for this model so that it could be given a second chance. Still think Nike made a big mistake when they did the last second price change from $200 to $225 (even the boxes said $200). But after scoring a few pairs at $135 (which I thought was a great bargain), I'll gladly pay the $225 this season rather than wait for a price drop. I want to see this line continue. There's nothing else out there that compares IMO.

Boston Beaches in the states? Lol

Nah I'm gonna wait for my infrared laces from fully laced. Took forever for these laces to come from overseas smh. They don't match exactly with the sock liner

Last edited:
I like the Hyperposite. If they continue they should use the star power it gets. More than Amare should get a PE released.

Nah I'm gonna wait for my infrared laces from fully laced. Took forever for these laces to come from overseas smh. They don't match exactly with the sock liner
Where did you get the laces from overseas?

Please do post up the results with your next set of laces. I wouldn't mind grabbing a pair if there is a perfect match.

I like the Hyperposite. If they continue they should use the star power it gets. More than Amare should get a PE released.
Rondo got a release for these too :D

but yea, i agree that they should bring some more PEs out

Thank You.

I have seen some I wanted to get off Mr. Lacey but he doesn't ship to US last time I checked.  They want you to go through a distributor but the distributor doesn't have the laces I want on there site.
http://www.mr-lacy.com/

I got my pair from surfdome.com but yeah you can try the site OnlyDsDunks703 posted too.

I will post the results of my infrared laces soon as I get them. The neon pink from Mr. Lacy is like a shade or 2 off from the sock liner smh

Rondo got a release for these too :D

but yea, i agree that they should bring some more PEs out

Do you mean the Boston Beaches? If so, I dont really consider those his PE. He wore ones similar on Christmas, but not those. Plus I mean the tongue branding too. BBs are cool though I'm not gonna knock them at all. They just arent my favorite Hyperposite model.

Just snapping some pictures. Got these off ebay for retail plus shipping. feel in love instantly.

Yeah the two malls next to me didn't even have them so I was like F it....online...wasting gas driving in circles so I just got them online

As soon as i saw these I thought the atomic red would look good and then kangaroo jack started on rambling his full ****** fake ***** south beach 8/9 Boston beach movement nonsense, but on a side note the atomic red looks great, wonder if u can find laces in the atomic green color..... I need more hyperposites, very comfy as well

Back
Top Bottom