Nike Air Max Hyperposite, New $225 Foamposite Shoe in 2012

Yea. Tongue doesn't bother me at all esp since the blue laces overlay it. Just nick picking IMO.

ive done it before. its not that hard. ive used adidas laces on lebron 9. theres no such thing as unique laces. you might have to look hard but youll find em. I went to sports authority where all the stock is out on the shelves and went to work!

ive done it before. its not that hard. ive used adidas laces on lebron 9. theres no such thing as unique laces. you might have to look hard but youll find em. I went to sports authority where all the stock is out on the shelves and went to work!
Where they sell these laces at?

Been meaning to ask this for a while.

My first two pairs of Hyperposites, I snapped the tongue loop. I guess I tie my shoes pretty tight when I play and the tongue loop on my first pair randomly snapped and sure enough it happened on my second pair as well.

Has anybody else snapped a tongue loop on a pair of Hyperposites?

My first two pairs of Hyperposites, I snapped the tongue loop. I guess I tie my shoes pretty tight when I play and the tongue loop on my first pair randomly snapped and sure enough it happened on my second pair as well.

You my hero for being able to hoop in these. I used to ball in the Duncan's forever ago.... Felt like I had weights on.

I never had to replace hyperposite laces but I just told you I was stripping them off of kicks at sports authority. when I find those navy laces ill let you know :wink: you tricking me into doing your footwork for you. lol

on the other hand, if youre anal about ur laces n dont wanna swap em out, you can try soaking them in vinegar over night and washing them.that may take out the excess dye.

I tried playing in my pair of Obsidian blue hyperposites once.  Worst idea ever.  This was my first day wearing the shoe aswell.  It felt the shoe had a vicegrip on my feet and was trying to crush them.  I could feel the sides of the shoe against my bone.  Never again.

^^I ball in my pair as well. I haven't had any problems with the tongue loop. Yours might be a random defect.

bigj505, they are bit bulky as we all know, but they feel great! They were a bit heavy to me a first, but after a few

wears, they were good money. Besides the Kobe's, these are the best shoes I've played in besides the Hyperdunks.

smzsmz smzsmz not trying to trick you. I have no desire to swap. I'm just showing you the laces are pretty different. That vinegar trick is good to know tho.

greezee greezee I just do Kobe's and hyperdunks now. I know these are probably comfy. Just had a bad experience with the Duncans. Hooping outside with heavy shoes = serious heel drag :lol:

I hoop indoors now tho.

@Greezee I just do Kobe's and hyperdunks now. I know these are probably comfy. Just had a bad experience with the Duncans. Hooping outside with heavy shoes = serious heel drag
laugh.gif

I hoop indoors now tho.
I feel you. I experienced the same thing you went through with the Duncans.
laugh.gif
  Those shoes were on weight gainer for real.

Got my first pair of hyperposites yesterday. The tropical teal and yellow joints. I love the overall style and look of the shoe. I did a very very extensive search for imperfections and surprisingly there were quite a bit. Not wanting to nit pick, but considering a shoe is retailing for $225 USD, (that's luxury brand prices) i expected better. I may as well put another 250 with and buy some Gucci shoes. Damn Nike. sigh. So disappointed in you.  

Big J -

How big are you? I'm 6' 3", 290 pounds. I absolutely need the Hyperposite on the court. I take a lot of punishment as it is and with any other shoe, my joints are killing me the next day.

Before the Hyperposite, my go to shoe was the LeBron 8, which was actually slightly heavier than the Hyperposite. So I've had no problem with the weight of the Hyperposite.

But if I was a different size and style of player, I'd probably prefer a different shoe. The Hyperposite is a beast for big men, but probably a big clunky for other players.

As for the Total Foamposite Max, I did play in those back in '98, but was younger and in better shape, so I didn't like them as much as I liked the Foamposite One the year prior.

Gauss Who -

I would never recommend playing in any Foamposite that wasn't broken in yet. I made that mistake back in '97 the day the Foam One came out. I'd obviously never worn Foamposites before as the technology was brand new. I wore them in a playoff game for the Summer league I was in at the time and it was complete torture.

But the Hyperposite is amazing on court once broken in, assuming they're being worn by someone who likes big man shoes.

Greezee -

The material used for the tongue loop on the Hyperposite is VERY VERY thin, most likely as a way to cut weight. My first two pairs of Hyperposites both snapped and Nike gave me refunds which I used to buy more Hyperposites. I believe it is a design flaw and I no longer use the tongue loop on my Hyperposites.

As there has been more and more focus on the weight of shoes, corners have to be cut somewhere.

A couple of years ago, I had a pair of Air Shox Hyperballers that I literally tore through a lace loop, a LACE LOOP, not a tongue loop, by simply tying my shoes. Yep, laced up before a game and ripped right through the side of the shoe. It was crazy. That was the end of me playing in Hyperballers.

Big J -

Ahhhh, gotcha. Yea I don't really see the Hyperposite as the ideal weapon of choice for a guard.

Makes me wonder how many of the regulars in this thread actually use the Hyperposite as their primary court shoe.

I realize sneakers have become more about fashion than performance over the years, but the Hyperposite delivers on both fronts and I love that this thread is still going strong. I don't think the Hyperposite would have been brought back for a second chance this season if the dedicated Hyperposite fanatics didn't help spread interest in this shoe.

With so many NBA players wearing the Hyperposite in pre-season this month, hopefully there are many more releases ahead. Sure would love a Christmas or All-Star colorway this season.

Back
Top Bottom