Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

Pegasus 39-1.png
Pegasus 39-2.png
Pegasus 39-3.png
What’s up with the peg pro or whatever that is?

40 should just be the 39 with a new upper, right?

Would a strobel + bag or double stacked bags work well for performance running shoes? Just guessing here, but more/taller air seems like it would be more unstable compared to foam which absorbs pressure better without redistributing it? If they aren't developing it already, I think Nike should be looking at carbonated/gas infused foams like Hyperburst, DNA Flash/DNA Loft, FuelCell, etc. for their daily trainers like the Peg and Vomero. It's way lighter than React with more energy return and is cost effective and durable compared to Peba/ZoomX. Imagine a Peg with CO2 infused React (which I think is a TPE/EVA blend?)...that would be a fun shoe.

damn now yall gettin my old brain confused, i meant 41s :lol:

as for strobel + bag, if the other bag is thin enough and with the right compound i think it could work, its definitely gon need some engineering, they already tried the curved full length zoom and it didnt quite work but i think the strobel zoom is a better tech

i think a pegasus with a strobel will be in the future, seems perfect for it along with react and then maybe double stack it for the vomero

im sure they’re working on new rubbers now but if its an improvement on the zoomx then it’ll go to the ZF/AF first and then zoomx goes to the mainline pegasus

How thick is the current forefoot Zoom unit in the 37/38 and how thick was the Zoom in the 35/36? I liked both setups for different reasons. Seems like this will be a bit of a hybrid of the two most recent midsole/cushion setups.

How thick is the current forefoot Zoom unit in the 37/38 and how thick was the Zoom in the 35/36? I liked both setups for different reasons. Seems like this will be a bit of a hybrid of the two most recent midsole/cushion setups.
I think the 37/38 have a front 10mm zoom bag (which I could feel bulging up through the strobel on the left shoe of my 37s) so the new one with 8mm front and rear is probably a better setup for anyone that isn't a full-on forefoot striker.

Edit: I read somewhere that the 35/36 had a 4mm full length zoom

The Peg 35/36 was such a departure from the 33/34 because of the placement and size of the Zoom bags. I wonder how thick the Zoom bags were in the 33/34 versus the 37/38 and now 39.

40 should just be the 39 with a new upper, right?

Would a strobel + bag or double stacked bags work well for performance running shoes? Just guessing here, but more/taller air seems like it would be more unstable compared to foam which absorbs pressure better without redistributing it? If they aren't developing it already, I think Nike should be looking at carbonated/gas infused foams like Hyperburst, DNA Flash/DNA Loft, FuelCell, etc. for their daily trainers like the Peg and Vomero. It's way lighter than React with more energy return and is cost effective and durable compared to Peba/ZoomX. Imagine a Peg with CO2 infused React (which I think is a TPE/EVA blend?)...that would be a fun shoe.

definitely would take engineering and R&D, I think they're already working on the successor to React imo. I think they'll maybe implement it once they run the gamut of zoom air configurations in the a react midsole. Like the 30's had cushlon but with different varying setups: from forefoot to forefoot + rear to full length. I see Nike doing that before they think about changing the foam just because it's cost effective for them.

The pegs are what they are and that’s not a bad thing. I don’t think they make them any “better” because that would beat out other models. The 33-34 still hasn’t been beat imo

single mesh upper doesn’t sound good to me. Please stop with the minimal ish stuff

The pegs are what they are and that’s not a bad thing. I don’t think they make them any “better” because that would beat out other models. The 33-34 still hasn’t been beat imo

single mesh upper doesn’t sound good to me. Please stop with the minimal ish stuff
34’s tooling was good but the 30’s upper is my all-time favorite.

Y'all talking about the evolution of the Pegasus; I would be very disappointed if Nike decided to amp up everything and go the Vomero/Invincible route. I appreciate the $120 price point, the simple mesh upper, and the effective Zoom Air units. I don't need bells and whistles, I need a durable and comfortable running shoe to put high miles on and that's what this line is known for. Not everything needs a bunch of tech crammed into just because you can. That leads to over engineering and that's not something that myself and a bunch of normal runners are into.

Agreed. The Pegs should stay the shoe's shoe as I always say. Versatile at a good price point. We just need new foams every few years, incremental changes

Last edited:
Y'all talking about the evolution of the Pegasus; I would be very disappointed if Nike decided to amp up everything and go the Vomero/Invincible route. I appreciate the $120 price point, the simple mesh upper, and the effective Zoom Air units. I don't need bells and whistles, I need a durable and comfortable running shoe to put high miles on and that's what this line is known for. Not everything needs a bunch of tech crammed into just because you can. That leads to over engineering and that's not something that myself and a bunch of normal runners are into.
Agreed but I didn’t like how they started taking it towards the minimal “race” route. They’re headed the right direction now though

Back
Top Bottom