Nike Air Raid?

I want the black and grays but once again That Banana toe stuff will likely be in full effect again.
Nike should do a " shut up its better than nothing" campaign.

Modern Notoriety:

It may be the lighting of the MN pics but it looks as if they used the dark grey as in the stock pics posted.

damn those are clean. i dont even care if the grey is a little darker i just want a fresh new pair.
my pops had the og black/gray pair back in the day and i got to rock the retroed version.

Being that I have the 2007 release version, I don't care that much about the shade....but I can see why people do care. I wouldn't get these unless I could get them at a deep discount like I did those.

These were never durable to me. I remember getting the OG version and being pissed at how quickly the white got marked up. Plus the durabuck was never that durable and showed marks, dirt and stains easily. They looked beat up mad quick.

the problem is too many people love the raids.all colorways will sell out even the wack ones.i doubt i will be able to snatch my black and greys.

the problem is too many people love the raids.all colorways will sell out even the wack ones.i doubt i will be able to snatch my black and greys.

What the hell this guy is talking about?
2007's were available at the heavily discounted price eventually and he thinks they'll all be sold out 7 years later?? I don't see it happening unless they came out as QS release or something tho.

What the hell this guy is talking about?
2007's were available at the heavily discounted price eventually and he thinks they'll all be sold out 7 years later?? I don't see it happening unless they came out as QS release or something tho.
hey homeboy open your eyes everything sells out nowadays.yes these will sell heavy.the blk/gry colorway will go the fastest.lol i am telling ya people want to open their mouths to hear themselves talk.you speak on discounts?not in bmore maybe the small town your from but around my way they have always gotten love and will continue in 2014.

LMAO, these will not sell out.
ok bro we will have this convo a year from now since you think you know what your talkin bout.once again if your not from a major city idc about what you say.heck even if your from a nowhere town they will still probably sell.

These were never durable to me. I remember getting the OG version and being pissed at how quickly the white got marked up. Plus the durabuck was never that durable and showed marks, dirt and stains easily. They looked beat up mad quick.

these things you mention don't really have to do with durability, but i do sort of get what you're saying. my white pair is pretty marked up and scuffed from playing in them over the years, but the actual shoe is pretty damn durable, especially since they were made for outdoor use.
it's like they LOOK beat up but they really aren't.

Honestly, I don't care about the darker shade of grey that they used on them this time around. I'm just glad that they're retroing. What I'm pissed about is that instead of retroing the Air Raid II's, they give us those piece of craps. :smh:

these things you mention don't really have to do with durability, but i do sort of get what you're saying. my white pair is pretty marked up and scuffed from playing in them over the years, but the actual shoe is pretty damn durable, especially since they were made for outdoor use.
it's like they LOOK beat up but they really aren't.

You're right, I probably used the wrong word

ok bro we will have this convo a year from now since you think you know what your talkin bout.once again if your not from a major city idc about what you say.heck even if your from a nowhere town they will still probably sell.
I'm in Atlanta, may not be a very big city, but it is as far as status. Plenty of sneaker enthusiasts here. These have retro'd twice, in 02 and 08, and they didn't sell out either time. I can't speak for where you're from, but where I stay they collected dust, especially the 2008 retro.

Dude must have just got in to sneakers. Retros other than Jordans, if they're general release...sit

Dude must have just got in to sneakers. Retros other than Jordans, if they're general release...sit
if you wanna fire shots you can adleast quote me.since when does anything nowadays sit?once again maybe if you live in a small town.but before you start writing you should learn some respect .you wanna talk kicks ?ok then bring some facts instead of making yourself sound foolish.yes they didnt sell great in 03 around my way but the 08 retro did better in sales.and the culture has been at a all time high so yes i think these will sell great.

you sound straight silly comparing 03 and 08 sneaker sales to nowadays.the culture has changed 100% in the last few years so maybe these wont sell out everywhere but no doubt they will sell.and yes you got me i just started collecting,what does deadstock mean again?

@BURKLINSFIENEST

I somewhat understand what you're saying, especially concerning the current state of the sneaker culture. But being that this will be the third time the black/grey Raids have retro'd in the last ten years(little over), I can't see anyone jumping through loops to obtain what will most likely be a GR. I know it may look as if nothing sits anymore due to how crazy things have been lately, but not every release is as popular as the prior or the next.

If they drop the Peace Edition though, instant sellout.

you sound straight silly comparing 03 and 08 sneaker sales to nowadays.the culture has changed 100% in the last few years so maybe these wont sell out everywhere but no doubt they will sell.and yes you got me i just started collecting,what does deadstock mean again?

So I'm guessing you also thought the DT 96 would do numbers this time around compared to when they retro'd in 07 right?

So I'm guessing you also thought the DT 96 would do numbers this time around compared to when they retro'd in 07 right?
always thought that shoe was ugly to be honest never paid much attention to it.but think about the mutombos.who would of thought they would of sold well they got pretty much no love back in 93.but adidas did a great job of hyping them up for almost a year.it all depends on how much hype is behind the shoes and if they stick to true form.when they start messing with hyperfuse and all that crap who knows if they will sell.for example the last retro we got was the gloves right?well we had been waiting over a year since gary said they were coming back so the hype had time to build and nike did a spot on retro.so they sold great.there are many factors that go into it.but like i said we can have this convo a year from now to see whos right.

hey homeboy open your eyes everything sells out nowadays.yes these will sell heavy.the blk/gry colorway will go the fastest.lol i am telling ya people want to open their mouths to hear themselves talk.you speak on discounts?not in bmore maybe the small town your from but around my way they have always gotten love and will continue in 2014.

Never knew that Bmore is such a big city.
But I also have to say that where I live is way bigger (probably, more than 10 times) than your since Tokyo's population was lilttle more than 13 million the last time I checked tho.

Never knew that Bmore is such a big city.
But I also have to say that where I live is way bigger (probably, more than 10 times) than your since Tokyo's population was lilttle more than 13 million the last time I checked tho.
big in the sense thats its important to this culture and great with trends.sure other citys are bigger, probably not packin as big of a punch but then again dont you always show pride in the city your from? well most of us do.if you want to insult me  i am fine with that adleast have some facts behind it.saying where i live is smaller then tokyo is pretty weak.there is a respectful way to talk kicks you came incorrect thats all i am saying.

I'll grab the OGs but there's no way they sell out. It's never been that kind of shoe. Still a classic for me personally so glad to have a pair again (my 2003s were too big so I sold em). I wouldn't mind seeing the white black OG color or some escape og colors, as well as the Air Raid 2s

Back
Top Bottom