Nike Air Raid?

I'll grab the OGs but there's no way they sell out. It's never been that kind of shoe. Still a classic for me personally so glad to have a pair again (my 2003s were too big so I sold em). I wouldn't mind seeing the white black OG color or some escape og colors, as well as the Air Raid 2s
glad you think you know.may i ask why you sound so certain ?did you hear me say the og 92 joints sold well?nah i didnt.and i already made that point with the mutombos btw.i like them too.one of the hardest lookin bball shoes ever imo.always wanted the the blk/greys.

@BURKLINSFIENEST

The Mutumbo retro comparison is invalid. The Mutumbos retro'd for the first time ever, and though they weren't super limited, they were limited. I think most, like myself bought them for nostalgia. I didn't have or care for them back then, which I can't believe. Well, I can, they were Mutumbos lol. Looked down on amongst the masses. But loving this hobby so much for so many years, plus a lot of a growth, has changed how I view the art of sneakers. But a better comparison would've been the Fila 96. The classic white/navy colorway dropped in 2007(I think) and went on sale for as low as $60, but sold out quickly this year. The GH2s are on another level compared to the Air Raids, warranting a quick sellout.

these shoes will sit in damn near every city

i live in houston and cats like raids here but they still sit

and the 96 grants in the first og color were limited too in physical stores but lingered online for a while and even restocked a couple times

i always looked at the raids as a consolation jordan 8 although i do like the black peace ones

Had the black pair and the white pair when I was like 14, huge fan of Hardaway and the Warriors

when you think about it retros didnt really take off until a few years ago.i think back when i was in my early 20s working at foot locker watching a bunch of retros sit.the delta forces,af2 in my area got alot of love (but if you talked to someone at nike whos remembers that retro they will tell you they sold awful)alpha force 2s,raids,remember the huaraches went on sale for like 20$?like i said you can really see how this culture has changed.i feel bad for the kids who go into a nike outlet and see a pair of 2 year old lebrons for 160$ and they think they are getting a steal.oh boy the 2 for 89$ days if i could only go back lol.compared to back 10years ago i think most kicks sell pretty well nowadays.i think my mutombo point was pretty good,whats the difference if they retrod or not?lol the shoe still got no love in 93 and adidas did a wonderful job with hype.ewings were less popluar than jays back in the day and their retros been selling great.everything is selling better now reguardless of past retros or if they were hot when the ogs came out.i was more speaking where i live i think they will sell out but yes in general i still think they will sell great.

alot of different brands are selling well now but plenty of shoes are still sitting, more than half the shoes i bought this year were on sale and most of the other ones went on sale after i bought em

people have been waiting for years for the other brands to correctly retro their previous models, they're just now getting it

and outlets just aren't truly outlets anymore, they're retail stores with their own exclusive merch

outlets have the same deals as using a coupon code these days

so your point is....?compared to 10 years ago or back in the 90s when everything went on sale even popular models.we are worlds apart from past retros to current.i would argue it takes longer for stores to make mark downs and less goes on sale.and like i have previous explained other factors go into sales such as websites creating hype ,kicks being retrod the correct way with correct cws and location.and plenty of kicks have already been retrod the right way years back that went heavy on sale???why you might ask cuz the culture has changed alot.people either buying to say they have it or buying to resell.yea some kicks still go on sale but nothing like the late 90s-00s retros did and the quality and cws were better back then.

lol just so i dont have to go back and forth anymore,these are gonna sell awful.nike will most likely mark these down to 19.99. lol yall happy now?

Last edited:
whether these sell out instantly or collect cob webs on shelves,
it absolutely matters none to me, and I don't see why it would to anyone else.
if i get a pair i'm happy, and that's all there is to it.
these arguments are so trivial and pointless.

if you wanna fire shots you can adleast quote me.since when does anything nowadays sit?once again maybe if you live in a small town.but before you start writing you should learn some respect .you wanna talk kicks ?ok then bring some facts instead of making yourself sound foolish.yes they didnt sell great in 03 around my way but the 08 retro did better in sales.and the culture has been at a all time high so yes i think these will sell great.

Dude I know more about sneakers than you will ever know. You aren't talking facts, because you haven't said one fact. You sound foolish debating something you're so ignorant about.

Name a retro general release sneaker that sold out? No matter how popular they were when they first released.

The ones that sell out...Mutombos, white Shaq Attacks, OG Neon 95's

Are limited

Doesn't matter if it's Bo's, Griffey's, Deion's, Pippen's, Penny's, Paytons, 90's, 95's...all of them sit and go on sale and to outlets if they aren't limited.

And stop talking this small city mess...I'm New York and live in Va Beach...and stop speaking for Baltimore like you're the only one from there on this board. Sometimes you need to quit when you're ahead instead of digging a deeper grave.

Again, the only general release retros that sell out are Jordans. So stop talking about, it's different now. It's not. Young kids aren't rushing to stores or lining up for sneakers they have no connection too. There's no hype or status behind a pair of Air Trainers.

Last edited:
just because a shoe doesn't go on deep discount doesn't mean it's selling well

they just don't give deep discounts anymore, what do you not understand?

Dude I know more about sneakers than you will ever know. You aren't talking facts, because you haven't said one fact. You sound foolish debating something you're so ignorant about.

Name a retro general release sneaker that sold out? No matter how popular they were when they first released.

The ones that sell out...Mutombos, white Shaq Attacks, OG Neon 95's

Are limited

Doesn't matter if it's Bo's, Griffey's, Deion's, Pippen's, Penny's, Paytons, 90's, 95's...all of them sit and go on sale and to outlets if they aren't limited.

And stop talking this small city mess...I'm New York and live in Va Beach...and stop speaking for Baltimore like you're the only one from there on this board. Sometimes you need to quit when you're ahead instead of digging a deeper grave.

Again, the only general release retros that sell out are Jordans. So stop talking about, it's different now. It's not. Young kids aren't rushing to stores or lining up for sneakers they have no connection too. There's no hype or status behind a pair of Air Trainers.
u ok bro?u sound mad lol??"dude i know more about sneakers than you will ever know"glad your humble about it.its sounds to me i made some good points and you got upset about it.all i said was i think they will sell out maybe i should of said "in my area".i never feel like going back and forth with you people most dont have anything clever to say anyway.and you talk about small cities of course certain releases sit in small towns. i cant speak on those places.of  course theres way more hype nowadays are you kidding me lol.but listen man if i ever have another question concerning footwear in general i will pm you .i dont want to sound "ignorant" on these threads.lol.learn some respect when you come at me bro.

just because a shoe doesn't go on deep discount doesn't mean it's selling well

they just don't give deep discounts anymore, what do you not understand?
this post dont make sense. not selling well?i think you meant .w/e already explained myself you guys are living back in 03.wake up.

and for the record nah i am not acting like i am the only cat from bmore.i just take pride in the city i am from.nothing wrong with that.and yes bmore packs a bigger punch then va beach lets keep it real.your living in the past if you think things havent changed honestly.but thats ok hopefully i can one day be like you and know everything in the world about sneakers and come on threads like this and speak nonsense about how the culture hasent changed a bit in 10 years.oh boy one day.

Didn't even need to read your post. I scanned it and saw you didn't name one retro...see that's what a fact is.

At this point you're just acting like a female and arguing just to argue, despite being wrong.

Didn't even need to read your post. I scanned it and saw you didn't name one retro...see that's what a fact is.

At this point you're just acting like a female and arguing just to argue, despite being wrong.
hey king of all sneaker knowledge what was the last year foot locker did the 2 for 89$ deals huh?

what was the last  gr dunk to featured a foam arch support? should be easy questions for someone like you.

and you could ask me a few questions about jays and runners and i wouldnt know the point is you dont know everything about kicks.you know about certain kicks and i know about certain kicks.

you remind me of that nerd in school who says"got another 100% on my test"and then leans over to the kid next to him and says "wow you only got a 92% ,how'd you miss that many you should have studied harder"    you sound straight dorky.its only kicks bro.

there are plenty of youngsters out there who spend alot of time on the net and have a alot of info on this culture dosent mean the passion is there.plenty of  middle school kids at sneaker shows with og jordan heat(maybe even dope collections)dosent mean the passion is there.

the only thing that matters is a passion for this culture and respect for fellow collectors.there is no wrong or right i made a opinion and your ego got the best of you.and if it helps to sleep at night to think to know more than me i am fine with that.done going back and forth.

Last edited:
big in the sense thats its important to this culture and great with trends.sure other citys are bigger, probably not packin as big of a punch but then again dont you always show pride in the city your from? well most of us do.if you want to insult me  i am fine with that adleast have some facts behind it.saying where i live is smaller then tokyo is pretty weak.there is a respectful way to talk kicks you came incorrect thats all i am saying.

Pride for the city?! Weak?! I thought we were talking bout Air Raids here and what I was trying to say was...., they weren't sold out both times they were retroed even in the city like Tokyo and I also don't think they'll be sold out this time around either (if they won't come out as QS or TZ type of release). If that'll be the case, I should buy as many pairs as I can get and sell them all to the people in Bmore.
BTW, I quit reading what this man had to say in the newer pages tho.

I know this is old but did those Paranorman Raids ever release or go up for auction?

Really hope the Peace Edition Raids drop this time around.

Pride for the city?! Weak?! I thought we were talking bout Air Raids here and what I was trying to say was...., they weren't sold out both times they were retroed even in the city like Tokyo and I also don't think they'll be sold out this time around either (if they won't come out as QS or TZ type of release). If that'll be the case, I should buy as many pairs as I can get and sell them all to the people in Bmore.
BTW, I quit reading what this man had to say in the newer pages tho.
FACT i remember last year when the red dt2s drop there in bmore about 10-15 dudes waited outside for them and they sold out.then i drive 20 min to pasadena (where i live now) and they sat i actually picked up my pair for 50$ or 60$ i cant remember.so like i was saying location matters.only so manys points can go over your head before you start to become irritated i understand.you talkin bout online sales??lol i didnt know thats what you meant i cant speak on that but in stores are hits and misses.

ok guys give me a break now your all better than me.lol.

Last edited:
this is a set I had, wore them everywhere were still wearable when I sold them. My ex girl had a set too but hers eventually separated (the upper from the sole)
cleaning out the closet and found a pair of these 10.5. Good condition. Very little wear even on the sole. Bought them in 1993. Anyone know how much these are worth.

Reactions: ejb
what in the hell...why does nike even bother?
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom