Nike Air Yeezy (Kanye West Shoes) Release Info Confirmed for Spring of 2009 ***UPDATE- 4/30*** PG 1

Imagine 600 people pay for a $5 raffle ticket. Then only three people win a pair of shoes that retails for $200.... And there is how that raffle businessworks.

^^^^^^
roll.gif

If I were to entertain getting a pair, and flipping them, I would be happy with $450-$500, but damn $800.......?

Someone is going to bite on those, i'm sure.

And is it me, or has anyone been noticing the prices on flightclub slowly decreasing?

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

^^^^^^
roll.gif

And is it me, or has anyone been noticing the prices on flightclub slowly decreasing?
Just like all shoes, limited or not, just give it time, and you will find these for retail sooner than you think.
wink.gif

Sidenote: Man, hype really blinds some people ...
laugh.gif

Somebody will def cop them for that price without a doubt..............i spent around that price for kicks
smh.gif
at myself but they're my grails!!!

and some of the prices on FC are decreasing but other stuff hasnt moved or they went up in value.

im new to this raffle thing. is it like the lottery? but at the end you still have to pay for the item?

200 tickets sold @ $5 dollars= automatic grand for doing almost nothing. then releasing 24 pairs @$215= even more profits for them. I dont understand how thatsacceptable business practices and how consumers "accept" it. where is the revolt against this sort of crap?

Originally Posted by p1mpjuce

QUESTION for all who've picked up Yeezy's already. how do they fit?

I'm an 11 in AF1's & Dunks, but an 11.5 or 12 in my Penny's, Griffey's, Max 90's, 95's & 97's?

If I do follow the hype just wondering what size i'll be looking for.

Thanks for ANY help

yeah i'd like to know as well...

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

im new to this raffle thing. is it like the lottery? but at the end you still have to pay for the item?

200 tickets sold @ $5 dollars= automatic grand for doing almost nothing. then releasing 24 pairs @$215= even more profits for them. I dont understand how thats acceptable business practices and how consumers "accept" it. where is the revolt against this sort of crap?

cause the average consumer is the age of 19, wearing a straight billed new era cap slanted up, tight jeans, crooks tee, bright dunks or some half cabs on, andwill do ANYTHING just to say that they have the pair of shoes (keep in mind they will never wear them). it is what it is, shoe collecting has become the newbasketball cards for kids. it is sad because older heads like me remember the good ol days before the internet when catalog pics, and asking the store workers21 questions to get release dates and info.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

200 tickets sold @ $5 dollars= automatic grand for doing almost nothing. then releasing 24 pairs @$215= even more profits for them. I dont understand how thats acceptable business practices and how consumers "accept" it. where is the revolt against this sort of crap?

cause the average consumer is the age of 19, wearing a straight billed new era cap slanted up, tight jeans, crooks tee, bright dunks or some half cabs on, and will do ANYTHING just to say that they have the pair of shoes (keep in mind they will never wear them). it is what it is, shoe collecting has become the new basketball cards for kids. it is sad because older heads like me remember the good ol days before the internet when catalog pics, and asking the store workers 21 questions to get release dates and info.

QFT

well some places aint selling $5 raffle tickets some places you need to spend $25 bucks in store on whateva THEN they give you a raffle ticket either way theygettin over on you

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

cause the average consumer is the age of 19, wearing a straight billed new era cap slanted up, tight jeans, crooks tee, bright dunks or some half cabs on, and will do ANYTHING just to say that they have the pair of shoes (keep in mind they will never wear them). it is what it is, shoe collecting has become the new basketball cards for kids. it is sad because older heads like me remember the good ol days before the internet when catalog pics, and asking the store workers 21 questions to get release dates and info.
truuuuth

but can't knock the hustle

Originally Posted by chrisbone123

I just called footlcker 34th st to see what time they were opening, and the girl said they weren't getting them.

Maybe she fustrated from all the phone calls, but their is no reason to start lying.

Anyone got the sku # for these, I forgot what page I saw it on.

You were lied to son.

Originally Posted by JordanSneakerhead23

You guys don't have to take my word for it, but both Eggplant Foams & 1/2 cents weren't suppose to hit niketown.com and they both did.

Also in reference to the numbers, you guys do understand the amount that HOH and Niketown's will be receiving correct? There will be plenty to go around and with most so called "exclusive" drops, you do see a lot of retailers receiving their shipment as the weeks follow... in any case, people shouldn't be stressing too much. The eggplants & 1/2 cent thread was triple the size of this thread, so the hype isn't THAT crazy on these.
Dunno about your sources but my boy who DJs for some Niketown related events has connects with some Niketown Corp. He couldn't even get a pairon hold from his plug because his guy told him that they weren't getting many pairs.. I guess we'll have to wait and see on Saturday. I'm stillwaiting on my connect to hit me up because he told me his store was only getting one of my size which is 9.5, a pretty common size

Originally Posted by mjs24chicago

What if all the raffle winners want a sz. 12.

lol it depends on how they do it when DQM did a raffle for what the dunks they gave you a ticket and they asked your size so when they drew tickets they did itlike ok we have say 5 pairs of a 9.5 so they drew 5 people just for a 9.5 and so on for each size had the tickets seperated by size now that was smart andorganized but other places just raffle and you get a chance to buy them if your size is gone oh well

can someone explain now NIKE SPORTSWEAR will handle this? i called and they confirmed the raffle, but they gave me the run around when i tried asking about HOWit will work.

CRSVR
632 State St.
Santa Barbara, CA

NO PRE-ORDERS
NO HOLDS
NO PHONE ORDERS
1 PAIR PER PERSON

saturday

Just an FYI. My dude over at complex mag confirmed that they fit kind of big. He recommended I go a half size down if I do find a way to obtain them.

With all the crazyness on saturday, i'd recommend trying on a half size to a size smaller just for good measure...if possible at all

Was gonna just go to 21 Mercer in NYC but I'm not dealing with that raffle foolishness. I'll roll by 34th street in the middle of the night (probablyafter I go out Friday night) and I'll take it from there.

I'm still undecided in which colorway to cop. If these or the black n pink. The grey pair is coo, but idk..ill just do last minute thinkng..I'm mostdef going to wear em if I cop..heck might even try hooping with em. I'm prlly gona head to NTSf on friday around 3 or 4pm...is that good timing my bay areaheads?

I don't understand Nike, they make 'Ye make a list of peeps to receive the Yeezys slightly early, now here it is dam near release and still no Yeezys.SMH

Back
Top Bottom