Nike Air Yeezy (Kanye West Shoes) Release Info Confirmed for Spring of 2009 ***UPDATE- 4/30*** PG 1

does anyone agree with me that this shoe is hyped because of the creator more than the actual shoe ...

and if so, all you guys are running to get this shoe because another man helped createit?

^^^^^yes I agree. This is pure hype. Period. The shoe itself is wack as hell no matter who made those things.

Originally Posted by iG0TFRESHiN05

does anyone agree with me that this shoe is hyped because of the creator more than the actual shoe ...

and if so, all you guys are running to get this shoe because another man helped create it?
Yes this happens all the time with sneakers. Same reason why people buy Jordans, Kobes etc. Its the name or the gimmick that is attached to a shoethat creates the hype for 9/10 hyped releases.

Well thats your opinion, personally I actually like the shoe except for the tan colorway
Being a big fan of Kanye adds to the novelty of them, not how the shoe looks

Think about it this way...if the Jordan line was actually a Chris Child's line...would it be as popular?

you can't compare kanye west to michael jordan be serious

what has kanye west done for the rap game/fashion game that mike did for basketball?

All I can say is this... Boutiques are getting 18 pairs. If you ain't wanna believe you don't have to, but I can confirm that.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

and if so, all you guys are running to get this shoe because another man helped create it?
Yes this happens all the time with sneaker. Same reason why people by Jordans, Kobes etc. Its the name or the gimmick that is attached to a shoe that creates the hype for 9/10 hyped releases.
Originally Posted by that WAVE

Well thats your opinion, personally I actually like the shoe except for the tan colorway
Being a big fan of Kanye adds to the novelty of them, not how the shoe looks

Think about it this way...if the Jordan line was actually a Chris Child's line...would it be as popular?
QFT!!!!!

what has kanye west done in the rap game that mike did for basketball?
I don't think you can compare what they have done in their respective professions. It's clear to see what Jordan has done based off ofbasic stats(that's how professional players are rated on, how they perfrom on the court/field), but in music stats don't necessarily mean everything,let alone decide how many people like the artist. Although Jordan is considered the greatest to many and myself, he's not everyone's favorite player. Just like Kanye isn't my favorite music artist but what he's done in my eyes is respected among many...further adding to the novelty of the shoe.

but enough jordan talk...who wanna hook me up with these yeezy's
laugh.gif

what has kanye west done for the rap game/fashion game that mike did for basketball?
Have his own shoe
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by titanium intellect

johnnyblaze036 wrote:

you can make the "nike would be ******ed not to release enough of these" argument on just about every limited release. and you know what nike
doesn't care, they never have and never will. they will release what they want when they want...

Untrue. All other limited editions that have been released were new CWs of already proven models. The cost of development, employee training, and retrofitting
involved with production make a limited run idiotic... mark my words... the GR will come... hype it up with these... offer a few more of the black joints....
and then GR the ones that everyone is waiting on... remember the Spiz'ikes? The six rings? Less hype true... but they were extremely limited at first...
now count how many colorways there are now... just relax and be patient... let the Hipsters have their campouts and cop in a month or two...
smokin.gif

words of wisdom

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

L7OSER wrote:

camping? raffles? rape prices? Geez im glad i dont have to go thru this. The most i'll prob have to do is wake up b4 sunrise. Imma be VERY upset if dudes
r out campin at any of the spots here.
I doubt if anyone is bold enough to camp at the "M", or anywhere out your way. Especially out of towners.

laugh.gif
they bed' not!
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom