Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

It is what it is. I have no business being here and it's not worth getting banned over. I'm just sticking around checking for a possible release in store. Everyone just needs to realize my intentions in my first comment weren't malicious but they were taken that way

can finally come in here to say: i missed the tweet by thirty minutes because i was digging the wife...

never been so upset after getting laid in my ENTIRE LIFE.
she felt bad for me after so we went another round to cheer me up...
Legend ^^

All this talk about quality (or lack of), now I really want to get a pair to make a good comparison between the NDC pairs and the absolute best "pairs" slated for an April release in China.  One of the best things about spending lots of time in China is meeting the current (and prior) Nike factory workers.  Interesting dudes (and gals)

I know people don't want to hear the quality issues but its definitely good information for people that are shelling out some serious cash. Yes, for 250-300 im sure everyone would say cool... whatever. but people that are spending thousands... I would hope they look at the pair they are actually buying so they can get the best quality pair for their money.

I feel bad for the people that are buying pairs off the strength of an order confirmation. lord knows what pair they will get.

I know people don't want to hear the quality issues but its definitely good information for people that are shelling out some serious cash. Yes, for 250-300 im sure everyone would say cool... whatever. but people that are spending thousands... I would hope they look at the pair they are actually buying so they can get the best quality pair for their money.

I feel bad for the people that are buying pairs off the strength of an order confirmation. lord knows what pair they will get.

It's no different than buying anything off FC or any other consignment spot w/o asking for pics of what you're buying.

I love FC, been a consignee for years, but you'll get burned from time to time. :lol:

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my pair. I'm gonna take more detailed pictures and post them up here later on if that is something people would like to see.....

It is what it is. I have no business being here and it's not worth getting banned over. I'm just sticking around checking for a possible release in store. Everyone just needs to realize my intentions in my first comment weren't malicious but they were taken that way

Edit: yes you are the mod that got a pair. This thread is open because a moderator is spending a lot of time in here. What is the confusion? Is that a shot at you? What am I missing folks
what am I missing? Why shouldn't this be open?

This is exactly what im saying. I usually dont say much about quality control unless its excessive, however with this release and people looking to spend thousands I wouldnt want the run into a pair like the ones i got first today.m

HEATHEN HEATHEN - I definitely understand. Just saying... if possible, pics are definitely a good look. My pair isn't bad at all. Just was surprised with the suede.

Some people actually appreciate an unbiased opinion vs the "these shoes are perfect because they limited" one that tends to float around.

^^Yep. Same can be said for EVERY shoe release though. People always call me OCD for wanting more pics of different angles on shoes I am buying. Or sellers think it's too much hassle. Either way there is so much variance in not only the cut/materials, construction, stitching etc.

People seem to forget that the people making these shoes do so in the fastest way possible. They do not care about these shoes like we do, nor should they. There will be flaws with almost every pair and if there is a perfect pair I assure you it wasn't intentional. Take a real close look before you buy and determine value based on what you see.

Edit: yes you are the mod that got a pair. This thread is open because a moderator is spending a lot of time in here. What is the confusion? Is that a shot at you? What am I missing folks
what am I missing? Why shouldn't this be open?
because he didnt get his pair..

basically he's saying since big J got his pair this is the only reason its open.
roll.gif

did the previous models of the the 2 have this many quality issues? 

i guess since its all one color you can really tell, sammys pair though 
sick.gif

the back part of the midsole looked like if it was one of those sneaker cakes.

Last edited:
HEATHEN HEATHEN - I definitely understand. Just saying... if possible, pics are definitely a good look. My pair isn't bad at all. Just was surprised with the suede.

Some people actually appreciate an unbiased opinion vs the "these shoes are perfect because they limited" one that tends to float around.

I hear that.

For those who are touchy about quality I'd wait a month or so for the market to stabilize and then cherry-pick one of the better pairs.

i cant believe the amount of people nitpicking their pairs when they got them for retail !

i dont care how messed up my pair is, i will appreciate it to the fullest.

^^Yep. Same can be said for EVERY shoe release though. People always call me OCD for wanting more pics of different angles on shoes I am buying. Or sellers think it's too much hassle. Either way there is so much variance in not only the cut/materials, construction, stitching etc.

People seem to forget that the people making these shoes do so in the fastest way possible. They do not care about these shoes like we do, nor should they. There will be flaws with almost every pair and if there is a perfect pair I assure you it wasn't intentional. Take a real close look before you buy and determine value based on what you see.

My thought process exactly.  I know we all "hear/watch" the stories about some of the factories that big companies have...but it's a whole different monster actually visiting them.  It's no surprise the pairs come out with major issues seeing what these peoples' standard of living is.

But again a lot of flaws can be fixed by an experienced restorer. Glue stains are nothing for people who have been restoring kicks for years.

The smell is what it is. If you have older J's you know them **** smell like puro leather and glue :lol:.

i cant believe the amount of people nitpicking their pairs when they got them for retail !

i dont care how messed up my pair is, i will appreciate it to the fullest.

its not nickpicky... its stating observations. just trying to help those still looking for pairs see what stuff to look for.

To be real though I find it funny people badically saying we should be happ with whatever we get because we "only" paid retail. Thats like me going into a well known barbershop and because i only pay 10 i should be happy with any way they cut my hair.

Na it doesnt work like that im sorry for peopl who didnt get a pair but that doesnt mean people who paid retail shouldnt voice quality issues.e

This thread is gonna be the fastest to reach 'aftermath' status! (it was pretty much an aftermath thread when it was sarted LOL)

To be real though I find it funny people badically saying we should be happ with whatever we get because we "only" paid retail. Thats like me going into a well known barbershop and because i only pay 10 i should be happy with any way they cut my hair.

Na it doesnt work like that im sorry for peopl who didnt get a pair but that doesnt mean people who paid retail shouldnt voice quality issues.e

You should be happy because you got the shoes. Its glue stains. You know what it is with this company. It ain't like Nike suddenly became some new brand/company all of a sudden just because the Yeezy's came back out. These shoes were made in the same factories, by the same workers, and in the same countries as all of Nike's other shoes.

Don't act brand new about it. You KNEW the quality was going to be suspect going into this. Why? Because no matter what the price tag says, no matter how hyped and how much resale value they have, they will always be a pair of Nike's at the end of the day.

If you knew the barbershop you were going to had suspect barbers who might zeek your head up and **** up your line, you should be happy you got out of there alive.

But don't act like you deserve some high quality cut from the same old barber shop that ****** you up before.

If you want a higher quality haircut, go to a higher quality barber shop.

If you want some higher quality all red shoes, buy some balenciagas.

Until you change your barber and footwear, don't complain about your results after each experience.

Last edited:
You should be happy because you got the shoes. Its glue stains. You know what it is with this company. It ain't like Nike suddenly became some new brand/company all of a sudden just because the Yeezy's came back out. These shoes were made in the same factories, by the same workers, and in the same countries as all of Nike's other shoes.

Don't act brand new about it. You KNEW the quality was going to be suspect going into this. Why? Because no matter what the price tag says, no matter how hyped and how much resale value they have, they will always be a pair of Nike's at the end of the day.

If you knew the barbershop you were going to had suspect barbers who might zeek your head up and **** up your line, you should be happy you got out of there alive.

But don't act like you deserve some high quality cut from the same old barber shop that ****** you up before.

If you want a higher quality haircut, go to a higher quality barber shop.

If you want some higher quality all red shoes, buy some balenciagas.

Until you change your barber and footwear, don't complain about your results after each experience.

that analogy haha whole nother level

nah bro not the same thing at all.

a bad haircut is a bad haircut. nothing salvageable there.

a flawed yeezy is still a hot shoe with a some some flaws. and not to mention if you don't like it you can easily sell it for 10X+ what you paid.

can't sell a bad haircut to anyone.

it's just a silly thing to complain about. not even women complain about lil' flaws on handbags or a pair of Loubs. And yes even high-end designer shoes and accessories are subject to some flaws.

Back
Top Bottom