Nike Air Yeezy Thread Vol 4.. Net/Net 2 weeks till release....6/6/2009

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Originally Posted by jphonix

Fact is there is nothing to back up these shoes other than hype, they ant made of any special materials and they ant made in italy!
you obviously haven't seen or felt a pair of zens in real life...

fact is, you don't like the shoe (or maybe you do, but you can't get it, so you're just hating on it), and you're goin' extra hard trying to tell people who do like it why it's wack, even if it means stating straight up BS (and you're probably extra mad how much hype this shoe has gotten, and wanna chalk it all up to kanye's name on it and how limited they are, which i admit, sure that has something to do with it, especially for the hypebeasts, but certainly not everything, tons of people really like the shoe itself)...

veteran shoe collectors have been quoted as saying these are the nicest quality nikes they've seen in years, if not ever.

style wise they're flashy, whether you like them or not, they turn heads... i was wearing my zens the other night for the first time and some random dude, who obviously had nowhere near the style of a shoe collector, just a normal dude, stopped me and told me how nice my shoes were and how they reminded him on the shoes marty mcfly wore in back to the future 2...

tons of people genuinely love this shoe and the way it looks. take the artist affiliation and exclusiveness away and i'd still love the look of this shoe. so F outta here with your lil' quest to tear down this shoe in here... trying to compare this shoe to some g-unit kicks, LOL @ you... none of us care what you think... great, we get it, you claim you don't like the shoe. do you think you're gonna change the minds of those that do?!?

There ant no way im salty over a pair of kicks, I don't dislike these shoes were did it say I did? I have no problem with Kids making pocket money on theses shoes either.

My point was if they are so in demand why don't Nike just put them on general release?? I mean the way people are all over these why not get GM to start producing them and turn around the auto industry.

Kayne is already talking about a Yeezy 2 in the making.
I dont see why they would rush to GR when the next Cash Cow is already in the making.
Also maybe Kanye has something to do with the quanitity of the shoe. Prob made it clear before he even signed he only wanted 3,000
of each colorway.
And like I said before. The number of colorways you could put this shoe in is very few to none.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by daffy 016

w/e im doing some ill !!! supreme wtd hypebeast %%+.... camp out across the st and make the list for hoh im not missing out on this pair...
laugh.gif

the hoh doesnt take lists from anybody
damn homie i beleive you... im stilll gonna be around the way... ima take like 2 of my boys and a bum so I can get like 4 pairs

Originally Posted by GTEK

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

I'll be glad when this is over!!! I wonder who'll jump off the bridge 1st if & when Nike announces GR's
Kanye has already stated that their is going to be a Air Yeezy 2. So I dont think Nike will have the need to GR these..due to the next Yeezy
Cash Cow in the making.

Also to people saying other colorways. What other colorways could they possibly do besides the Navy/Orange that would fit this shoe.
If you havent noticed this shoe colorways are unique, and based on contrasting pop colors. So a simple black/red or white/gray would not fit this shoe. Thats where I think it seperates it self from going down the Spizike road.
The limit of colorways than could fit the shoe.

This is some pretty good logic. This shoe is so unique. If you think about it...You can't think of too many shoe releaases that have occurred like this one. Even for a shoe such as Bathing Ape, ( who had captured the desire of exclusivity) was/is more accessible and NOW, less expensive than these Yeezy's. Bapes release in a constant stream as opposed to 3 fairly limited releases. I could see Nike/Kanye changing the sneaker game a little bit...a new way of generating buzzz. And Kanye might be vein enough to keep these limited. If they do a Yeezy II...ok. but more of these...I don't know.

Do you think Nike really cares about what colors "fit a shoe"? No. Colorways being unique? grey/pink/orange is unique? blk/pink is unique? come on now, don't fool yourself with horrible logic like that.

Think about it.
indifferent.gif

What other nike sneaker has come in black/charcoal/pink?
Zen/Grimroy/Charcoal? Net/Net? I doubt you ever even heard of these colors before.
laugh.gif

I think somebody just cant get their hands on a pair?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I definitely haven't been able to get my hands on a pair...
ba91504e78738a0b8727f729b9a87de8791ef4d.jpg
indifferent.gif

I swear the people in here trying to kick knowledge using arguments like "no other colors fit this shoe" should not be listened to. They have noinside info and base everything on mere childish speculation.

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

I'll be glad when this is over!!! I wonder who'll jump off the bridge 1st if & when Nike announces GR's
Kanye has already stated that their is going to be a Air Yeezy 2. So I dont think Nike will have the need to GR these..due to the next Yeezy
Cash Cow in the making.

Also to people saying other colorways. What other colorways could they possibly do besides the Navy/Orange that would fit this shoe.
If you havent noticed this shoe colorways are unique, and based on contrasting pop colors. So a simple black/red or white/gray would not fit this shoe. Thats where I think it seperates it self from going down the Spizike road.
The limit of colorways than could fit the shoe.

This is some pretty good logic. This shoe is so unique. If you think about it...You can't think of too many shoe releaases that have occurred like this one. Even for a shoe such as Bathing Ape, ( who had captured the desire of exclusivity) was/is more accessible and NOW, less expensive than these Yeezy's. Bapes release in a constant stream as opposed to 3 fairly limited releases. I could see Nike/Kanye changing the sneaker game a little bit...a new way of generating buzzz. And Kanye might be vein enough to keep these limited. If they do a Yeezy II...ok. but more of these...I don't know.

Do you think Nike really cares about what colors "fit a shoe"? No. Colorways being unique? grey/pink/orange is unique? blk/pink is unique? come on now, don't fool yourself with horrible logic like that.

Think about it.
indifferent.gif

What other nike sneaker has come in black/charcoal/pink?
Zen/Grimroy/Charcoal? Net/Net? I doubt you ever even heard of these colors before.
laugh.gif

I think somebody just cant get their hands on a pair?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I definitely haven't been able to get my hands on a pair...
ba91504e78738a0b8727f729b9a87de8791ef4d.jpg
indifferent.gif

I swear the people in here trying to kick knowledge as using arguments like "no other colors fit this shoe" should not be listened to. They have no inside info and base everything on mere childish speculation.

Sorry Im just speaking from a designer point of view.
Sure Nike could slap a red/black colorway on the shoe. But it would look very similar to the Black/Pink
And sure Nike could make a white colorway....But if would look Very similar to the Zen.
Get my point. If not its ok. Take it Yeezy. Im gonna like what I like and you do the same.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't want standard cw's, but there are color combos that would fit perfectly on this shoe. That grey, black & fire red cw is dope, but maybe atrue blue cw would look dope on the yeezy.

Originally Posted by wetbandit

I don't want standard cw's, but there are color combos that would fit perfectly on this shoe. That grey, black & fire red cw is dope, but maybe a true blue cw would look dope on the yeezy.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

The "black&fire" your talking about is Navy blue. Not black.

Somebody a couple of pages back commented that the RT1s weren't selling, or something to that effect... I just checked NDC and they are sold out. So...

^^^^^ hahahhaah!

Raffle of 15 pairs max for 800 people???? Impossible odds, unless you take your whole FAM and your whole city block haahhahah!

There ant no way im salty over a pair of kicks, I don't dislike these shoes were did it say I did? I have no problem with Kids making pocket money on theses shoes either.

My point was if they are so in demand why don't Nike just put them on general release?? I mean the way people are all over these why not get GM to start producing them and turn around the auto industry.
I think it's in part to the fact that Kanye is trying to build himself into this larger brand and designer. He wants people to take himseriously in the design/fashion world. I think that's pretty obvious. One of the best ways to do that is to make very limited runs of a product when youstart out, and not go directly into mass production, where you become "just another designer" doing it to turn a fast dollar. He probablywouldn't want his name stapled to this shoe if it were right off the bat a general release. Obviously he knows the powers that be at Nike and he probablyconveyed this to them.

Originally Posted by jphonix

Fact is there is nothing to back up these shoes other than hype, they ant made of any special materials and they ant made in italy!
you obviously haven't seen or felt a pair of zens in real life...

fact is, you don't like the shoe (or maybe you do, but you can't get it, so you're just hating on it), and you're goin' extra hard trying to tell people who do like it why it's wack, even if it means stating straight up BS (and you're probably extra mad how much hype this shoe has gotten, and wanna chalk it all up to kanye's name on it and how limited they are, which i admit, sure that has something to do with it, especially for the hypebeasts, but certainly not everything, tons of people really like the shoe itself)...

veteran shoe collectors have been quoted as saying these are the nicest quality nikes they've seen in years, if not ever.

style wise they're flashy, whether you like them or not, they turn heads... i was wearing my zens the other night for the first time and some random dude, who obviously had nowhere near the style of a shoe collector, just a normal dude, stopped me and told me how nice my shoes were and how they reminded him on the shoes marty mcfly wore in back to the future 2...

tons of people genuinely love this shoe and the way it looks. take the artist affiliation and exclusiveness away and i'd still love the look of this shoe. so F outta here with your lil' quest to tear down this shoe in here... trying to compare this shoe to some g-unit kicks, LOL @ you... none of us care what you think... great, we get it, you claim you don't like the shoe. do you think you're gonna change the minds of those that do?!?

Kayne is already talking about a Yeezy 2 in the making.
I dont see why they would rush to GR when the next Cash Cow is already in the making.
Also maybe Kanye has something to do with the quanitity of the shoe. Prob made it clear before he even signed he only wanted 3,000
of each colorway.
And like I said before. The number of colorways you could put this shoe in is very few to none.

Well didn't he say in the Complex interview that he wanted 30,000 pairs released? But Nike wanted 3,000 total for all three? They came to an agreement on9,000 total.

Originally Posted by shoeionaire388

Jus got some great info from the Nike rep for NDC!!! 6/6 i'm ready!!!

O Rly?
laugh.gif
at least they're not telling people that these are going to be $110 and be a FTA exclusive.

Originally Posted by shoeionaire388

Jus got some great info from the Nike rep for NDC!!! 6/6 i'm ready!!!

You and another 300,000,000, for about 12 pairs.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom