Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

i ordered a pair of DKs from NDC and they came defective, had to return them for a refund. out of stock
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by VoodooIT

ZombieJesus12 wrote:
  1. I don't do squats or think they're very worthwhile of an exercise (running barefoot or minimalist style gets your legs in great shape without weights), so if you're doing them a lot, get some chucks because Mr. Friendly is right. But for the gym work that I do and like 99% of guys do the Vs are fantastic.

I've heard that squats are arguably the best workout you can do, especially for an athlete.  It works out your entire lower body - quads, hamstrings and calves.

Yeah I heard that too. It just feels like it reeks havoc of your knees at heavy weights. But you definitely feel thru your whole lower body

Squats are the best exercise you can do bar none.  It raises your testosterone levels  naturally and makes you much more explosive.  The squat was a critical component in me building enough strength to dunk when I was in high school.  Try doing squats with good form and heavy weights for 3 months and tell me your athleticism doesn't improve.  As far as heavy weight and your knees are concerned... If you do them with good form, and don't have a pre existing knee condition you will be fine.  Most cats that you see at the gym do squats wrong and only go 1/4 of the way down.  I personally wear Free's when I squat and deadlift. 

As far as the Kobe V's are concern.  Great gym shoe for just about everything else. 

Awesome review.  These shoes INMO show how NIKE's efforts has put them in front of its competitors in developing the "best" shoe in the market. The feel on these shoes is amazing.  I can't remember the last time I had a shoe that is comparable in its lightness.  The only thing that comes close to this were Penny's shoe from back in the day, the Air Go.  But the difference with that shoe and this shoe is how this shoe just locks your feet down and gives you tremendous support for being a low-top.

Go get 'em everyone.  Who cares about colorways and what matches your outfit, BALL in these shoes.

Peace.

Has Anyone Used These Extensively Outdoors?

I Would Love To Know How Long I Could Expect From Them / Traction

Amazing review! I don't plan to ball in my Dark Knights but how are the shoes with the ladies? Will it get me laid? Just kidding lol.
My real question is how about the breathability? I assume it's great considering the perforated areas of the shoe. And is the zoom air of the DK's more durable than the foam on the other colorways? Thanks.

Originally Posted by JumpMan Jam

Has Anyone Used These Extensively Outdoors?

I Would Love To Know How Long I Could Expect From Them / Traction
I shoot around in the DK outdoor and the traction look brand new after half an hour. I woudnt let such a nice shoes get destroy outdoor though.

Originally Posted by gimpystevie87

Amazing review! I don't plan to ball in my Dark Knights but how are the shoes with the ladies? Will it get me laid? Just kidding lol.
My real question is how about the breathability? I assume it's great considering the perforated areas of the shoe. And is the zoom air of the DK's more durable than the foam on the other colorways? Thanks.
Ha! Actually, I've never gotten a compliment on my basketball shoes from a girl until the Kobe V. So there's that.

I got the DKs too, but you should ball in them or at least wear them. Shoes like that are too beautiful to waste in the closet.

Anyway - breathability isn't even an issue. Not for a second did my feet ever feet hotter than just wearing socks. It's outstanding. And the V is absolutely more durable than the IV, which is what I assume you meant. In fact, the fac that the shoe breaks in after a few hours is a great sign, it means the shoe is in it for the long haul. The IV was instantly at its peak, but it quickly declined. The Vs are solid.

(The colorways all have the same cushioning setup, though the clear sole is touted by Nike as being for outdoors, I doubt that. It just means it'll be yellow in a year or two)

Thanks for the reply ZombieJesus12! I definitely believe in wearing all of your shoes. They were made to be worn, not collect dust in a dark closet. In fact I just wore them out yesterday and today. At first, it was a little narrow on my feet, but then the shoes actually conformed to the shape of my foot like you said it would. These Kobe V's are one of the lightest and most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. If you say the Kobe V is similar to the IV, then I'll definitely consider getting a pair of IV's.

Im looking forward to seeing how these fit 1st hand. The way describred, I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait to see how they fit. Saw them in person a couple of times, Next time I see them they're coming home with me.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the reply ZombieJesus12! I definitely believe in wearing all of your shoes. They were made to be worn, not collect dust in a dark closet. In fact I just wore them out yesterday and today. At first, it was a little narrow on my feet, but then the shoes actually conformed to the shape of my foot like you said it would. These Kobe V's are one of the lightest and most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. If you say the Kobe V is similar to the IV, then I'll definitely consider getting a pair of IV's.

Stick with the V. It's a much better shoe.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Stick with the V. It's a much better shoe.

I disagree for long term use go with the V's. Yes they tale about 2 wearings for them to break in but after that they are great. I'd go with the IV still because the biggest problem with the V is the traction is not great, The IV's provide better traction and instant comfort when you wear the for the 1st time but after prolonged use the Foam in the forefoot dies. Either way traction is very important to me so I'd go with the IV.

^ I think the traction just fine. but then again.. i only play on my school's court which is cleaned every day.

May i see pics of your Vs now after all your wearings? I got a pair of DK's i wanna play ball in and i would like to know if they really don't crease and keep their shape. Thanks.

i dont know if it is just psychological. but, i jump higher when using the Vs than the IVs. or its just me. haha

Originally Posted by nikko13

i dont know if it is just psychological. but, i jump higher when using the Vs than the IVs. or its just me. haha
It's the power of Zoom Air.
happy.gif

imma sell some of my 4s to buy me some 5s. haha. i think the 4s are more low profile when you consider the positioning of your heel and the cushioning around the area of the 5s are thicker thus making my vertical a little higher.

The fit on these shoes is amazing. They fit PERFECT on your feet. Also very low to the ground, doesn't feel like a pair of lows.

Good Job with this one Nike.

The fit on these shoes is amazing. They fit PERFECT on your feet. Also very low to the ground, doesn't feel like a pair of lows.

Good Job with this one Nike.

Since some say the v is a good all around workout/ball shoe. My question is if you squatted in them would the zoom bottom out?

Back
Top Bottom