Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

Originally Posted by rayban776

Well, I am 6"4, 249. I workout with certain professional athletes in their off season, then maintaining top physical condition year round. I bench 395, then squat 405.
IMO the Kobe V wouldn't be your type of shoe even if it was somewhat more durable.  I think they are more for finesse type player maybe.  I'm thinking you might be a more power type player in which the Lebron line would be more suitable.  I could be totally wrong, just guessing after seeing your size.

These days, I play due to where the game calls for me to do so. In college, I played the point position, then still having the skills and ability to do so, but you are right, this shoe was not built for someone who puts extreme pressure on shoes. But at 130 dollars a pop, a shoe should be able to last a bit longer than a few games, without someone having to return them to the manufacturer for another pair, regardless of their size. I wear the Adidas supernatural creators, and I am having no such problems with this shoe. 
0a43691d675065efdc9176151dbf60a96a587788_r.jpg

3rd....if the Kobe V was so bad and you hate kobe so much, why did it take you 3 pairs to quit the shoe???
laugh.gif
come on bro something aint right lol
Yeah I hate Kobe, but still rate the Kobe 1 as one of my favorite shoes of all-time to play in.  I guess I hate the player, but not the game...?  Lol.

Anyway, I liked the look and feel of the 4 well enough to use it regularly for the last year, and was drawn to the cool aesthetics of the 5.  However, even with the lunarcrap bottoming out in the 4, I still found it to be a far more durable and, dare I say superior, hoops shoe.  Plus, something about the slightly higher cut of the 4 always made me feel more confident about driving to the hoop in traffic or going for a contested rebound.  Probably completely psychological, but still an advantage for me.

However, I have to say that I'm a bigger fan of both the KD2 and Hyperfuse for bball than the Kobe IV or V.  Hyperfuse is an incredible shoe, and at a retail price of $100, I highly recommend everyone give it a try.

^what's the cushion set up for the hyperfuse?

Anyone else experience sole separation with the Kobe Vs after a few wears? The glue they're using on these suck balls!

Adidas supernatural creators, and I am having no such problems with this shoe

Not to get off the Kobe V subject, but how might the  Supernatural Creators be for a lighter player who likes to use his quickness for cutting and slashing as apposed to the power forward type game.

But at 130 dollars a pop, a shoe should be able to last a bit longer than a few games

That would be nice!

^what's the cushion set up for the hyperfuse?
I think its Zoom in the forefoot and a full cushlon midsole, like the KD2.  While no Zoom or Air in the heel might turn some people off, cushlon looks like it may be an adequate substitute.

Also, the I think the ventilation on the Hyperfuse is really nice, almost like a Free running shoe.

Supernatural Creators be for a lighter player who likes to use his quickness for cutting and slashing as apposed to the power forward type game.
I think Derrick Rose used them all or most of last season, and he isn't a very big dude... I know that Tony Allen also rocked them throughout the playoffs, and he can't be bigger than like 6'4", 220ish.

rayban776 wrote:
Adidas supernatural creators, and I am having no such problems with this shoe

Not to get off the Kobe V subject, but how might the  Supernatural Creators be for a lighter player who likes to use his quickness for cutting and slashing as apposed to the power forward type game.

But at 130 dollars a pop, a shoe should be able to last a bit longer than a few games

That would be nice!

The creators are a light, but very supportive and low to the ground hoops shoe. What allows a player like myself to wear it, is the quality build of the shoe. It is built to last, and for lighter and quicker players, it is the top of the line in regard to protection and then maneuverability at the same time. It is non restrictive, then feels as if it is an extension of the foot, as the pods on the bottom are similar to the old "feet you wear" set up that kobe used to wear when he was with Adidas.

this shoe is one the greatest ive ever balled in... and ppl that know me... 400+ pairs of shoes.... i'm more of an avid sneaker head....

4892914746_28bf1df974.jpg

4892914016_4b7963a8ca.jpg

no rips/cracks whatsoever....

love it.

Originally Posted by never wear them

this shoe is one the greatest ive ever balled in... and ppl that know me... 400+ pairs of shoes.... i'm more of an avid sneaker head....

4892914746_28bf1df974.jpg

4892914016_4b7963a8ca.jpg

no rips/cracks whatsoever....

love it.

I must admit, it is a great looking shoe. However, I really doubt that someone who has more than one of the same shoe in his rotation, can suggest the same stressors as those who will only be able to get one pair of these shoes. Not everyone can spend 130 bucks on a shoe more than once, not in this economy. So I am sorry to say, this shoe is simply not of good value.

if the shoes rip, just take them to nike for exchange. its like getting new shoes for free, awesome. a shoe that rips immediately is terrible of course, but a shoe the performs like a monster and then rips after a few months, that is PERFECT. Pretend like you are a college or nba player and get new shoes all the time, without paying a penny more. Sick.

just make sure to bring a backup pair in your gym bag so you don't have to go straight home on the day that they rip.

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by rayban776

Well, I am 6"4, 249. I workout with certain professional athletes in their off season, then maintaining top physical condition year round. I bench 395, then squat 405.
IMO the Kobe V wouldn't be your type of shoe even if it was somewhat more durable.  I think they are more for finesse type player maybe.  I'm thinking you might be a more power type player in which the Lebron line would be more suitable.  I could be totally wrong, just guessing after seeing your size.

These days, I play due to where the game calls for me to do so. In college, I played the point position, then still having the skills and ability to do so, but you are right, this shoe was not built for someone who puts extreme pressure on shoes. But at 130 dollars a pop, a shoe should be able to last a bit longer than a few games, without someone having to return them to the manufacturer for another pair, regardless of their size. I wear the Adidas supernatural creators, and I am having no such problems with this shoe. 
0a43691d675065efdc9176151dbf60a96a587788_r.jpg

maybe its bc you are a celtics fan judging from the the adidas you posted up
roll.gif

haha all in good fun.

honestly, what kind of glue does nike use. the glue they use to bond the soles of
their top shoes are awful. my nike shox just ripped out the other day. it turned into
powder. even my zkv aways are starting to split. what the heck. these kobe v's
are the BEST shoe i've used for ball. it's great on the feet. but damn nike. a multi million
dollar company should start researching better glue. i hate adidas basketball shoes, but
those mofos are tanks!

My kobes ripped a little in the front and i noticed a crack in the carbon fiber as well. has anyone sent them back to nike for a voucher? for those of you who returned yours to niketown, did you need to show your receipt or did you just bring in the shoes?

My Kobe's have a rip in front and small crack in the carbon fiber.  For those of you who returned it to Niketown, did you need to show your receipt to exchange them?

Originally Posted by acts65

My kobes ripped a little in the front and i noticed a crack in the carbon fiber as well. has anyone sent them back to nike for a voucher? for those of you who returned yours to niketown, did you need to show your receipt or did you just bring in the shoes?

you can send them in for a voucher...you pay to ship it to them and they will inspect to see if its a material or manufacturing defect and if it is a voucher given to you for the retail price usable at NDC.  If there is not defect they CAN ship the shoes back so long as you mark that when you file your claim online.

You can also take the shoes back to niketown and you can get store credit so long as its something obviously a defect of material or manufacturing (otherwise they may make you send it to nike), and with a receipt of how much you paid your credit is that amount...however if no receipt they give you what they ring up at currently.

i am sending my dunkman lebron VII this week since i dont have my receipt and they were only going to give me 86 bucks credit, so my chances are better off with sending it to nice for  NDC voucher...either way we lose because of shipping costs and they dont even give you retail + tax.  better than keeping crap shoes though.

"ZKV's are my favorite shoe to ball in but I'm not a fan of this... worn only 10-12 times, indoors only."

Oh hell no. I'm thinking of trading for a pair of Kobe V POPs, but after seeing this. Man.

$130 shoes with issues like this? Ridiculous seems to be the right word.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

"ZKV's are my favorite shoe to ball in but I'm not a fan of this... worn only 10-12 times, indoors only."

Oh hell no. I'm thinking of trading for a pair of Kobe V POPs, but after seeing this. Man.

So the few negative responses overwhelm the majority positive??

RIDICULOUS seems to be the right word.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

So the few negative responses overwhelm the majority positive??

RIDICULOUS seems to be the right word.
Good point.  No, they don't.  Lots of people I've talked to at the gym swear by these shoes, and that counts for a lot.  And I still want to get a pair, but I'll probably wait and stay away from clear soled colorways. 

But, a guy walks into a store, drops $130 + tax on these and wears them ten times and they break down like that?  For that person, no amount of positive reviews makes that situation cool.

That's a typical situation in all aspects of life, lots of people buy brand new products, cars, appliances, and so on.  And a small minority of those people get "lemons" or defective products, whatever you want to call it.  It's unfortunate, but it happens to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom