NIKE Barkley Posite max

Just scooped the eggplants off eBay not too long ago. Looking for a deal on gamma blue and hopefully pay retail or less for a pair of 72s. Not a big fan of the gamma green but I'll probably cop em anyways if I find some for dirt cheap. Suns and 76ers are a no go for me.

For you guys looking to scoop the Area 72s, if possible I'd recommend trying them on before buying. They fit a bit different from the other BPosites, almost a half size big. My 10 fits more like a 10.5 whereas my 6ers and Gammas fit pretty much TTS.

Thanks for the info. I'll try a pair if I ever get a chance. I have a 9.5 that runs TTS for me. I wouldn't mind going half size up though. Half size down might have my toes lookin like Lebron :x :lol:

Yep...I am bumping this MF to the top....

Happy as hell right now. In the past 4 days, I have gotten 2 silly deals on these to finish off the collection. I needed the Gamma Blue and originial Eggplants

EBAY was my friend for once....Won the Eggplants WITH Receipt for $87 and got my Gamma Blue for $120. Originally, I picked up the Area 72 for $110 with the signed box an all with the drawing of the shoe.

Grand Total = 86 + 110 + 120 = $316 which is less than what most paid for a single pair of Area 72s.

LOVE WHEN THE HYPE DIES!!!

I remember when the area 72 Barkley posites were released some kid that was camping out for 6 nights straight by House of Hoops on 34th Street told me that the shoe would end up being worth 1500 in two years

Lol

Last edited:
I remember when the area 72 Barkley posites were released some kid that was camping out for 6 nights straight by House of Hoops on 34th Street told me that the shoe would end up being worth 1500 in two years

Lol
damn
laugh.gif

i remember the resell prices were pretty crazy after they dropped but pretty much went close to retail afterward once people realized the shoe wasn't gonna be worth anything. i hardly see anyone wearing these, area 72 cw or any of the others.

Damn...HAHA

I would have to tell this youngster that he was wrong. Crazy enough, I have somehow each time slipped in on eBay and found a nice deal. It doest happen THAT often but persistence paid off.

I been watching them GAMMA since day one knowing I was going to get them eventually...they match my Carolina Panthers so it was a must. 

:smokin

only pair i still want are the area 72's. i have the Eggplants, Gammas, and Sixers.

good pickup ive spent about $800 already lol.

Gamma Blues delivered yesterday. All I can say is wow. I knew they were nice from the photos....but them in hand and on feet may have just pushed them into one of my fav kicks I own...PERIOD.

Such a nice shoe. Built like a tank, crazy nice glow, and I actually got the socks as well which was a nice surprise. These gamma blues are simply gorgeous. Even the wife had to stop and tell me she liked them. 

Now I am just waiting on Eggplants to get delievered

Last edited:
Just stumbled upon a pair of DS Area 72s while cleaning my closet..totally forgot I had them all this time lol too much 
nthat.gif

How much were these going for back then 
nerd.gif

Guess these are going back to Nike pronto ( I paid $271.25 for these 
eek.gif
)

Lol
Man, my one friend sold them for $450 a little after they released. I thought I still wanted them at that point. Now I'm trying to get rid of them and can't get anyone to buy for $200-220  
mean.gif

Man, my one friend sold them for $450 a little after they released. I thought I still wanted them at that point. Now I'm trying to get rid of them and can't get anyone to buy for $200-220  
mean.gif
I see that we both have the same size - 10.  I was fortunate enough to be able to return mine this week back to Nike.  Just awaiting for them to receive the package and give me a refund.  

They would've been better with a black upper section. Are they Shooting Stars what's the significance behind them?

Wow.... I had the black ones, wore them a couple of times and ended up selling them but those white ones are fire :pimp:

I only grabbed the eggplants and phoenix sun's but these are clean. I think Nike dropped too many too soon last time especially at that price tag

Back
Top Bottom