NIKE Barkley Posite max

yea i agree Nike should have made them more limited or hyped them. they washed the market at that price point.

im not for making kicks limited but sometimes it brings a little value to model. Since Barkley isn't a currently playing Athlete.  

yea i agree Nike should have made them more limited or hyped them. they washed the market at that price point.

im not for making kicks limited but sometimes it brings a little value to model. Since Barkley isn't a currently playing Athlete.  

Brings up value? For who? If I can get a shoe for cheap that's ALWAYS a good thing

I only grabbed the eggplants and phoenix sun's but these are clean. I think Nike dropped too many too soon last time especially at that price tag
i think that was the biggest issue, one a month at $250, had the price been closer to the lil penny posites of $180 these would've have done much better, i do like the blue stars look

i totally agree everyone likes a deal 

meaning the shoe in its self. i have several Bark posties love my 72's and still wear them. 

The line had no value getting all on disco is great but what happens to the line is that it gets washed out or they discontinue do to the popularity not being there. LeBron 11's go on sale and disco but LeBron is the worlds best basketball player and still actively playing 

Barks could either

A. Lower the price (my personal favorite) 

B. Make less at that price point (which sucks cause they are easy to get)

C. Make better colorways but at this point it won't help since there is a small niche of people that like the line my self include 

I will say im glad they calm down the series less frequent releases and dropping these they look good and i want to see more pics. i Personally think this should have came out around the 4th of july but that's me. 

$250 a month along with all the other releases that were happening around that time was a little too much. I just hope the quality on these are on point because the stains on the the 7ers and sun's was unacceptable

nike tweet: A star is born. The latest Barkley Posite max hits 8-1 $235

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/launch/2014-08/nike-barkley-posite-max

from the website:

Sir Charles is back for the summer with a patriotic touch.

Originally released in 2013, the Barkley Posite Max celebrates number 34’s aggressive ways on and off the hardwood with a design borrowing several elements from his iconic signature footwear.

Suited for the summer, this colorway features a white leather and foamposite upper paired with navy blue accents. Patriotic stars adorn the upper and collar lining while red and white stripes highlight the sockliner. A translucent ice outsole finishes off the design to create a clean aesthetic perfect for the dog-days ahead.

so i guess this is a USA colorway wait no glo? hmmmmmm.....

Last edited:
i wonder if USA is gonna complain about walking on the flag like Japan did about the rising sun JXII
laugh.gif

This new pair is really nice. Too much white for my tastes though. I'll cop if they go on heavy discount. Doubt it though.

from the website:

Originally released in 2013, the Barkley Posite Max celebrates number 34’s aggressive ways on and off the hardwood with a design borrowing several elements from his iconic signature footwear.

Suited for the summer, this colorway features a white leather and foamposite upper paired with navy blue accents. Patriotic stars adorn the upper and collar lining while red and white stripes highlight the sockliner. A translucent ice outsole finishes off the design to create a clean aesthetic perfect for the dog-days ahead.

Wait a minute, I see some possibilities.  I always wonder what the reasoning behind a Friday release compared to a Saturday.  Does Nike expect a mad dash for the 12's on Saturday.

from the website:

Wait a minute, I see some possibilities.  I always wonder what the reasoning behind a Friday release compared to a Saturday.  Does Nike expect a mad dash for the 12's on Saturday.
it's so people have something to buy when they miss out on the red/gold elite lebrons
laugh.gif

I see that we both have the same size - 10.  I was fortunate enough to be able to return mine this week back to Nike.  Just awaiting for them to receive the package and give me a refund.  
I'm going to do that I guess, I forgot they accept returns if the item is still new.

I'll only cop if i can find lesser than $130 down the line.

Edit Just looked at pics on eBay and the foamposite actually has a pearlescent coating? I might have to step up the price i'm willing to pay.

Last edited:
Cmon NIKE!!. Just copped the 3LAB5s!!  $$$$

These are dope though, have the Sixers and the Gamma Greens would love to go for the TRIO!! lol

definitely underrated. I copped the sixers, egg plants and gammas. Would love to get the 8/1/14 releases!

Back
Top Bottom