Nike Cosmic Unity - Nike's First Sustainable Basketball Sneaker (Retail $120-150)

I’m sure no one is buying this shoe bc it’s made from recycled material and can save the planet.

While you're right I still think it makes Nike's advertising/marketing super false, which is a big L for me in terms of brand authenticity. This is all press direct from Nike's websites:

"We built a sleek and comfortable silhouette with sustainability in mind."

"The Cosmic Unity basketball shoe, designed with at least 25% recycled material, is the next step in Nike's vision of a zero waste future."

"The Nike Cosmic Unity, Nike's first performance shoe under its Move to Zero initiative (Nike's journey toward zero waste and zero carbon)"

They're definitely marketing it like they're fin to save the world when really all they're fin to do is basically sell the same sneakers

No need to dive too deep into this. I’m sure no one is buying this shoe bc it’s made from recycled material and can save the planet. The shoe aesthetically looks good and if the performance matches then Nike hit a HR.

The sustainability aspect was what intrigued me about these shoes, at least more than aesthetics (although I do like how it looks). I understand it's not important to everybody, but there are plenty of people who could be swayed to buy a shoe if they not only performed well but minimized their environment impact

Adidas had a parley shoe which was made from 100% recycled plastic bottles from the ocean a couple years ago and they didnt scream it from the rooftops
I still wear mine
Nike outchea screaming 25% with their chest
adidas-womens-alphabounce-run-x-parley-running-casual-shoes-black-7-5-black-1bc2-600.jpg

Got my Green Glows in from Finishline. Weird thing tho... Order seems to have come directly from Nike and not a Finishline distribution site. The outer box is a Nike box and the on the sticker with the Sender and receiver information it says From NIKE. Also the shoes came with no Finishline receipt or anything on the inside. So maybe there was some kinda shipping problem with these and the black pairs and Nike is doing retailers a favor and just sending them out directly to the customers?

I know, its Not a big deal just thought it was kinda weird and never seen that before.

saw this on twitter user dtl84 hes a niketalker as well. nike gonna nike. i remember asking why nike would use the same lace cables as the jordan 34 that had problems with it busting. nike doesnt care about **** these days
CCDAD469-35F4-4C90-8CAF-C6AB8B6C6DDE.png

Last edited:
Got the all stars in to try on and the fit is great. Fit tts dont feel snug and zoom is nice. Cant wait for space hippies.

Last edited:
can anyone comment on the comfort for casual wear?

I dont have them but from what I've seen there's no amount of zoom that can save you since there's so little midsole to the shoe.
I mean effin look at it, youre practically sitting on quarter inch of phylon and a zoom bag, cant imagine its comfortable for long walks like a running shoe with high stack cushion
70nxj4108zg61.jpg

Just copped the amalgams myself. While the foam is thin, the comfort is there. They do feel bulky though due to the midsole coming up above where your foot sits. Performance wise, great court feel, and quite well cushioned despite how “thin” it is underfoot.
To elaborate more on that, the midsole coming up above the foot bed AND acting as a thick heel counter actually helps ALOT in terms of stability, and lockdown. The upper compliments this. In my play experience with these the access foam comes into play with the cushioning system when you hit those awkward angles on landings, or quick pivot steps. You can actually feel the midsole still locking your foot in, but compressing on the sides, doing its thing. Which is great protection.
Overall the shoe is mighty comfy despite sitting deceivingly low; as far as lifestyle comfort is concerned? Lower sitting roshe, with more weight, but very decent bounce.
Performance? Honestly it’s a very unique shoe and I personally love the setup.
You won’t get the full experience of the shoe until you take it on court tho. Be advised. Once you do. It starts to make more sense.

While you're right I still think it makes Nike's advertising/marketing super false, which is a big L for me in terms of brand authenticity. This is all press direct from Nike's websites:

"We built a sleek and comfortable silhouette with sustainability in mind."

"The Cosmic Unity basketball shoe, designed with at least 25% recycled material, is the next step in Nike's vision of a zero waste future."

"The Nike Cosmic Unity, Nike's first performance shoe under its Move to Zero initiative (Nike's journey toward zero waste and zero carbon)"

They're definitely marketing it like they're fin to save the world when really all they're fin to do is basically sell the same sneakers

25% is better than 0%

and there's nothing false about it. You're outraged as if you just buy recycled sneakers.

I agree that nike's touting of their own sustainability efforts is a big farce. Sustainability isn't introducing entirely new products that are using more resources. How much design and testing and waste did they have to go through until they got to the final product? Think about the new molds, the formulas they had to try til they got to that "25%" number, the amount they still have to produce to meet demand. Until they begin replacing traditional materials with recycled materials onto their main production line they aren't really doing anything.

That said, I love how these look and wish I still hooped enough these days to warrant another pair of ball shoes.

Still want these bad. But with them not selling out, I'm chillin hoping I can scoop at the outlet.

so yall really think the space hippies not selling out?

I want but not sure if i should buy first day

Just picked up a pair finally. Both Nike Santa Monica & The Grove were out of size 12’s. I was able to catch a return at my outlet. Still retail but got to use my discount so 113 ain’t too bad

Now they sit until we can hoop again. :frown: These definitely seem like they’d be AMAZING OUTDOORS though. rubber on sole looks AND feels almost like XDR
Definitely snug but not a bad snug.

034C3AE4-A2EC-4E5A-AEA4-5A5E809AB0F1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom