Nike Foamposite Pro Solar: Released 4/25/14

Lol garbage a... Ruvilla.. They tight.

I dunno who the hell calls a restock a refresh

Last edited:
\
i don't even care about their site crashing
what kind of company openly mocks you on twitter though 

Much respect but judging off that initial comment that was sarcasm for sarcasm.. Can't even be mad at the response :lol:

I've been following ruvilla for a while and have seen their growth. Definitely still a work in progress for them so we shall see Saturday. If sites like Nike, Foot Locker, Finishline etc still have issues with releases it's safe to say the most we can do is hope we get lucky.

All sites are bad regardless because of the promotions and hype, overall Villa is making strides and they're trying to give people second chances at things, just be grateful for the opportunity 

Last edited:

@RUVILLA  JUST GOT MOWED LIKE OL'GIRLS TAPE LINE!

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Lol garbage a... Ruvilla.. They tight.

I dunno who the hell calls a restock a refresh
They call it a "refresh" because that's what you have to keep doing on their site to get anywhere during a big release...
roll.gif

All sites are bad regardless because of the promotions and hype, overall Villa is making strides and they're trying to give people second chances at things, just be grateful for the opportunity
Grateful for the opportunity? LOL  You think retailers are doing US a favor by selling merchandise?  Like I said before, I'm all for businesses promoting themselves and like seeing businesses like Ruvilla grow; however, in this day and age with the internet and social media, businesses, especially smaller ones, need to recognize what impact that promotion may have.   When Soleheaven had their big Jordan restock last month, they were promoting the restock all over social media up until the day of the restock - guess what happened?  Their site got slammed hours before the restock went live and most people couldn't even get onto the site, much less cop anything.   Same  thing happened with Kicksusa and their Yeezy foam restock last Saturday - it  took a while for people to check out with their orders and even then, a bunch of orders got cancelled because they apparently oversold.

I've seen tweets and retweets all week about the upcoming Yeezy foam restock, and I suspect Ruvilla's site is going to get slammed come Saturday, especially since the Shooting Stars pack and 5lab3s are launching  the same morning.  But  then again, according to Ruvilla's posts above, their site doesn't crash...
sick.gif

Btw, my posts aren't meant as a personal attack against Ruvilla - just trying to offer some constructive criticism.  Plus, as an attorney, I just don't like it when people make misrepresentations.
glasses.gif

Lol I don't want the opportunity to cop from ruvilla imma give the money to a struggling reseller so he can eat for two weeks

For being such a small piece of the overall sneaker business pie, shoeheads don't help themselves by being so demanding. This is what has helped Nike get the community down to a simple science. If you're going to complain and still try to cop something, is Nike, Foot Locker, Ruvilla , Finishline etc really losing? Think about it and then check out how many "limited releases" we're being fed each month. The answer is no.

How many people you know have a horrible experience at a restaurant and then go back EVERY week willingly?

Last edited:

They call it a "refresh" because that's what you have to keep doing on their site to get anywhere during a big release...
roll.gif

Grateful for the opportunity? LOL  You think retailers are doing US a favor by selling merchandise?  Like I said before, I'm all for businesses promoting themselves and like seeing businesses like Ruvilla grow; however, in this day and age with the internet and social media, businesses, especially smaller ones, need to recognize what impact that promotion may have.   When Soleheaven had their big Jordan restock last month, they were promoting the restock all over social media up until the day of the restock - guess what happened?  Their site got slammed hours before the restock went live and most people couldn't even get onto the site, much less cop anything.   Same  thing happened with Kicksusa and their Yeezy foam restock last Saturday - it  took a while for people to check out with their orders and even then, a bunch of orders got cancelled because they apparently oversold.

I've seen tweets and retweets all week about the upcoming Yeezy foam restock, and I suspect Ruvilla's site is going to get slammed come Saturday, especially since the Shooting Stars pack and 5lab3s are launching  the same morning.  But  then again, according to Ruvilla's posts above, their site doesn't crash...
sick.gif

Btw, my posts aren't meant as a personal attack against Ruvilla - just trying to offer some constructive criticism.  Plus, as an attorney, I just don't like it when people make misrepresentations.
glasses.gif
lol at the refresh 
laugh.gif

You have a point, I think if they refresh it, it should go unannounced

Although the "consumers" are losing regardless, people are going to be mad if they miss out if they announced it or even if they did not announce it

KicksUSA was easy you just had to be on time, 4G was the winner on there
smokin.gif

Social Media is what brings the sneakergame down because of the E-Cred they are trying to get like there during a big favor for everyone when really they're not, spoonfeeders are always thirsty for that information and resellers, hell some people don't even know what they're buying 
laugh.gif

lol at the refresh 
laugh.gif

You have a point, I think if they refresh it, it should go unannounced

Although the "consumers" are losing regardless, people are going to be mad if they miss out if they announced it or even if they did not announce it

KicksUSA was easy you just had to be on time, 4G was the winner on there
smokin.gif

Social Media is what brings the sneakergame down because of the E-Cred they are trying to get like there during a big favor for everyone when really they're not, spoonfeeders are always thirsty for that information and resellers, hell some people don't even know what they're buying 
laugh.gif
You bring up a good point...I think the internet and social media ruined the sneakergame because nowadays, HYPE is what drives the demand for shoes and resellers are capitalizing on it.  I guarantee you that there are tons of people out there who cop shoes not because they like them personally, but because it's what others (social media) tells them they should like.  Once resellers see the hype surrounding an upcoming release, they'll do what they can to secure as many pairs as they can.

Can you imagine what the sneakergame would be like now without social media? People would actually go out and buy shoes THEY want and there wouldn't be some artificially created demand.

Btw, KicksUSA said their Yeezy foam restock was supposed to be at 1pm EST, but the shoes were available on their site almost an hour before that.  Internet speed had nothing to do with whether you copped or not, just timing.  I had a pair in cart around 12:30 but couldn't check out til well past 1pm.  Got order confirmation but then got a cancellation email a few days later.

You bring up a good point...I think the internet and social media ruined the sneakergame because nowadays, HYPE is what drives the demand for shoes and resellers are capitalizing on it.  I guarantee you that there are tons of people out there who cop shoes not because they like them personally, but because it's what others (social media) tells them they should like.  Once resellers see the hype surrounding an upcoming release, they'll do what they can to secure as many pairs as they can.

Can you imagine what the sneakergame would be like now without social media? People would actually go out and buy shoes THEY want and there wouldn't be some artificially created demand.

Btw, KicksUSA said their Yeezy foam restock was supposed to be at 1pm EST, but the shoes were available on their site almost an hour before that.  Internet speed had nothing to do with whether you copped or not, just timing.  I had a pair in cart around 12:30 but couldn't check out til well past 1pm.  Got order confirmation but then got a cancellation email a few days later.

I remember shoe buying as a little kid without social media. Man it was great...

I don't know why they want foams....with all this crying and moaning in here I swear at least half y'all wear heels

Don't cop from the site it's a simple solution

the days when we showed up at Foot Locker at opening and still copped.
Even the local moms and pops too. Weeks after a release I could still pick up a pair of shoes, and still haggle over the price for a discount as well. But this was 20+ years ago. 
roll.gif

roll.gif

sick.gif

glasses.gif
What area of law do you practice man?  I am an attorney too.

I feel the exact same way and have lamented these thoughts before...most recently with the way NDC announced their Jordan restock a few weeks back which caused their site to virtually shut down the morning they released the Crimson Foams.  Let it breathe NDC...why not surprise the masses and drop the restock right after you sold out on these?  Prevent the traffic that caused your site to crash and make some people happy who struck out on the Foams?  

It is certainly better to just have unannounced quick restocks that happen at the drop of a dime without notice than to continue announcing them throughout a week.  On days when they already have new releases scheduled, it is especially senseless to announce a restock the night before because it kills the ability for the new release to sell out smoothly, without site crashes.  This is true for NDC, but even more important for the smaller sites that just can't handle the traffic.  It just causes frustration...

On another note, how happy was I  when I got my 50$ coupon from NDC yesterday!!!  
nthat.gif
  NDC made my day!   (I gotta admit, I thought I was special until I saw that others were getting them too! 
roll.gif
)

What area of law do you practice man?  I am an attorney too.

I feel the exact same way and have lamented these thoughts before...most recently with the way NDC announced their Jordan restock a few weeks back which caused their site to virtually shut down the morning they released the Crimson Foams.  Let it breathe NDC...why not surprise the masses and drop the restock right after you sold out on these?  Prevent the traffic that caused your site to crash and make some people happy who struck out on the Foams?

It is certainly better to just have unannounced quick restocks that happen at the drop of a dime without notice than to continue announcing them throughout a week.  On days when they already have new releases scheduled, it is especially senseless to announce a restock the night before because it kills the ability for the new release to sell out smoothly, without site crashes.  This is true for NDC, but even more important for the smaller sites that just can't handle the traffic.  It just causes frustration...

On another note, how happy was I  when I got my 50$ coupon from NDC yesterday!!!  
nthat.gif
  NDC made my day!   (I gotta admit, I thought I was special until I saw that others were getting them too! 
roll.gif
)
I'm in insurance defense with a focus on the NY Labor Law, commercial and construction accidents, and subrogation claims.  You?

Now that I'm older with a career, I like to pick up shoes here and there, that I wasn't able to growing up.  I don't have the patience nor the desire to camp out overnight or wait on lines for raffle tickets so my only source for copping shoes is online.  I guess that's why it irks me when I have to waste over an hour of my time on a weekend trying to get a pair of shoes in my cart, and then more time to actually check out for a pair of shoes I already have in my cart because of a company's lack of foresight in preparing for the inevitable demand.

For being such a small piece of the overall sneaker business pie, shoeheads don't help themselves by being so demanding. This is what has helped Nike get the community down to a simple science. If you're going to complain and still try to cop something, is Nike, Foot Locker, Ruvilla , Finishline etc really losing? Think about it and then check out how many "limited releases" we're being fed each month. The answer is no.

How many people you know have a horrible experience at a restaurant and then go back EVERY week willingly?

You're completely missing the point...

It's not about the demand or even missing out. The point is RUVILLA came on here and pretty much lied to our faces as if we're stupid. I would like to believe they would give the community of NikeTalk a little bit more credit than thinking that. LOL. Back to the point, the site did crash and we have a lot of people here and elsewhere to attest to that. If Nike, Eastbay, and other major sneaker retailers can have their websites crash what makes RUVILLA think they have the answers? HYPE causes the DEMAND and if they wouldn't hype it so much there wouldn't be such a demand to bring the websites down.

These guys would make the SAME money regardless if they announced it or unannounced it.

nt laywers :nthat:

whatever i wanted to fully express basically has been said in the flightposite 2014 thread, yall should check it out.

just telling a little

The kind of people who claim "yall are little girls" "don't buy it simple" really cannot reason what this hobby or "thing" is all about. we live in a generation, rather era, where demand is driven by socialized hype that is broadcast over the internet which bring in unwanted attention for sneakerheads that used to have an easy time buying shoes. In return it gives a lot of great exposure and publicity to these big companies that have already established themselves. Nike is brilliant in that they can produce a completely crap sneaker and then maybe in 2 years retro the sneaker we wanted and still double triple x amount profit. why? thanks to these bum resellers and sites besides niketalk that create so much buzz, talking about preorders, low availability, truly unknown production numbers, resell, early pics, instant sellouts online/difficulty obtaining for retail, RIDICULE, and other things that were, back in the day, not inclusive to the sneaker community before and after the actual release date of the shoe. Now we deal with subpar quality and increased msrp, hyped demand, most of which does equate to reselling because you can see how many pairs end up on ebay. is this fair to the older sneakerheads? no. Will nike necessarily give us the "true version" of the sneaker we really wanted so that we don't buy the crap version? time will tell however in the short run we know what version we really get most of the time. Is this an advantage in every way to nike and its producers regardless of how many versions are released? yes. So all these restocks and refreshes for nike, ruvilla, kicksusa are more of headlines because they will drive traffic to their site and the reality now is they do not have enough stock left so people will complain.

The true sneakerheads are the small majority who are demanding a true version/very close version of what they want to pay for. The "other sneakerheads" for the large majority, are just newbies who prefer it and buy it regardless, BUT a large portion of that majority also prefer to resell based on hype and demand because every man for himself right?

The true sneakerheads are the small majority who are demanding a true version/very close version of what they want to pay for. The "other sneakerheads" for the large majority, are just newbies who prefer it and buy it regardless, BUT a large portion of that majority also prefer to resell based on hype and demand because every man for himself right?

I don't know about that last piece...

I mean, there are a lot of reasons why sneaker retailed hype up their released with internet traffic being one of them. Obviously, the more traffic they're receiving, the more they're getting paid from advertisers.

AGAIN, the real issue here is the lying about it.

Back
Top Bottom