Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

used my GT Cuts in the wet, slipped on the pavement and landed on my wrist. hopefully I didn't reinjure my wrist again which just recovered recently after 3 months of no lifting activities. damn.

used my GT Cuts in the wet, slipped on the pavement and landed on my wrist. hopefully I didn't reinjure my wrist again which just recovered recently after 3 months of no lifting activities. damn.

Damn man. Hope you have a quick recovery. Once it starts raining even a little bit I typically dip. Like 698 times out of 700 in my lifetime lol.

But you been playing in em outside? How has the traction been? I kept asking about outside use (besides nightwing) and never really heard anybody review how the traction was outside. How many times have you played in them outside and how was it?

Def do not play in translucent soles in the rain bro. I learned that from wearing 6s commuting in NYC in the rain lmfao slip and slide with those translucent parts of the soles.

Damn man. Hope you have a quick recovery. Once it starts raining even a little bit I typically dip. Like 698 times out of 700 in my lifetime lol.

But you been playing in em outside? How has the traction been? I kept asking about outside use (besides nightwing) and never really heard anybody review how the traction was outside. How many times have you played in them outside and how was it?
dry condition, they are fine. wet is a BIG No-No. note: I've been using them mildly like no aggressive stops. however, I've been doing some sprints, run and jog on them. also a bit of trekking. I'd say if I continue with how I use them now, they traction would be gone after a few more months which is fine by me.

here are some pics of how they look right now. they are still a bit wet from the rain. money well spent.
241833240_1042023739939001_7627210490566421365_n.jpg
242032856_4301103303342671_1120766784777360670_n.jpg
241850394_4683126375082425_2280784833085595634_n.jpg

overall, the traction is still ok but with obvious wear on the heel part with some areas are quite thinned out already. if you think the treatment on these are brutal, I'd say I still wore them conservatively. but usage is quite on the average side. more aggressive and prolonged balling, I'd guess they'd be somewhere on the condition on where the heel part is right now. been wearing these since they got released, so about 3 months of usage.

dry condition, they are fine. wet is a BIG No-No. note: I've been using them mildly like no aggressive stops. however, I've been doing some sprints, run and jog on them. also a bit of trekking. I'd say if I continue with how I use them now, they traction would be gone after a few more months which is fine by me.

here are some pics of how they look right now. they are still a bit wet from the rain. money well spent.

overall, the traction is still ok but with obvious wear on the heel part with some areas are quite thinned out already. if you think the treatment on these are brutal, I'd say I still wore them conservatively. but usage is quite on the average side. more aggressive and prolonged balling, I'd guess they'd be somewhere on the condition on where the heel part is right now. been wearing these since they got released, so about 3 months of usage.

also, I took of the react insoles to dry as my socks got wet as well. the neoprene absorbs the rain like a sponge.

Haha you doing everything but play ball in them! What you think about them after the 3 month mark?

I’ve played in them outdoors a handful of times. No issue at all with the traction playing on somewhat rough asphalt. Tread on the outsole has held up as well but it’s only been about 4-5 days a few hours at a time.

Haha you doing everything but play ball in them! What you think about them after the 3 month mark?
they are still fine. not really sliding unless it's wet. cushion still feel the same. still have the bump under the ball. I guess I'm moving to the Jumps as it seems to have a level cushion than the sloping design of the Cuts. I believe that's what's causing the bump sensation. our league is starting this weekend. so finally I might be able to really ball in them really hard.

they are still fine. not really sliding unless it's wet. cushion still feel the same. still have the bump under the ball. I guess I'm moving to the Jumps as it seems to have a level cushion than the sloping design of the Cuts. I believe that's what's causing the bump sensation. our league is starting this weekend. so finally I might be able to really ball in them really hard.
I would try another pair to see because I still think it's a factory defect. My limes don't have the hump like the USA pair did.

going to check our game schedules on what games I would be able to play. going to use my cuts and 34s as alternate.

ok. I got some feedback regarding the GT Cuts. finally played in them in a full game and I must say, it's damn amazing like it could have been the best Kobe shoes ever. damn felt explosive under the basket and was like on spring. cushion was great and my knees felt fine afterwards. although my fibula felt some strain for jumping really high. otherwise I'm fine and quite gassed but not as bad as I hoped. I might start with them again the next game. I'm keeping my 34s at bay for now.

ok. I got some feedback regarding the GT Cuts. finally played in them in a full game and I must say, it's damn amazing like it could have been the best Kobe shoes ever. damn felt explosive under the basket and was like on spring. cushion was great and my knees felt fine afterwards. although my fibula felt some strain for jumping really high. otherwise I'm fine and quite gassed but not as bad as I hoped. I might start with them again the next game. I'm keeping my 34s at bay for now.
IMO it’s the best cushioned shoe out right now period.

I know there have been major major disruptions in the supply chain in additions to logistical / shipping issues, but I’m now worried about the washed volt colorway. It’s been over a month since they released at a few retailers and Nike still hasn’t released them in their respective retail stores or even online to date. I would imagine even a 30 day delay might afford them an opportunity to receive the stock and make them available for retail but nothing. Maybe these new colorways address the “sticky insoles” hence the delay but all in all this is very strange.

JS”

I know there have been major major disruptions in the supply chain in additions to logistical / shipping issues, but I’m now worried about the washed volt colorway. It’s been over a month since they released at a few retailers and Nike still hasn’t released them in their respective retail stores or even online to date. I would imagine even a 30 day delay might afford them an opportunity to receive the stock and make them available for retail but nothing. Maybe these new colorways address the “sticky insoles” hence the delay but all in all this is very strange.

JS”
The sticky bumpy insole could be a possibility for the delay. Although I must say that mine doesn't seem to bother me that much anymore especially during the game. After some rigorous flexing, pressing and insole removal and insertion, I guess the insole finally broke in or found its sweet spot.

JS”
Nike will absolutely not fix something like that except for if a player asks for it. Was hoping they would add the outrigger for lebron 15s like they did for Lebron but they never added it throughout the whole line. It's really just a stock problem. It's like this for a lot of businesses right now.

Back
Top Bottom