Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Nike will absolutely not fix something like that except for if a player asks for it. Was hoping they would add the outrigger for lebron 15s like they did for Lebron but they never added it throughout the whole line. It's really just a stock problem. It's like this for a lot of businesses right now.

Nike has done this with the compound in the outsole on sneakers where the traction was abysmal in the early pairs. Later colorways had a different compound used which helped the traction. It was the Jordan 32. Doesn’t happen often but it has been done. In this case, not likely but not out of the realm of possibility. I do remember the outrigger issue with the Bron 15 though.

JS”

Last edited:
Nike will absolutely not fix something like that except for if a player asks for it. Was hoping they would add the outrigger for lebron 15s like they did for Lebron but they never added it throughout the whole line. It's really just a stock problem. It's like this for a lot of businesses right now.

This^. It’s such a minor quality of life improvement that doesn’t really affect performance, just how you put the shoe on. I doubt the reason for delays is a change/improvement in the insole.

Nike has done this with the compound in the outsole on sneakers where the traction was abysmal in the early pairs. Later colorways had a different compound used which helped the traction. It was the Jordan 32. Doesn’t happen often but it has been done. In this case, not likely but not out of the realm of possibility. I do remember the outrigger issue with the Bron 15 though.

JS”
have a few pairs of 32s. have the launch shoe and the latter versions. somehow didn't notice anything abysmal. also, I have used other sneakers that really have subpar traction. so not sure which 32 you are referring to. maybe you had a defective pair.

The pairs with solid traction were REALLY good. I had 2 pairs of the black and gold 31 lows and I never had an issue with the traction.

I heard some noise about the lows being straight. I stayed with the mids. I had a few colors… there was some talk the Chicago cw was good, I had them but they were inconsistent. One of the last cw of mids that came out was the black cats, all black with the white solid sole. I had those and they definitely were slippery

A number of big name sneaker reviewers from that time period mentioned the traction compound being changed / addressed in the last few colorways for the model. I for one had horrible traction on my initial colorways and even the lows, so I left them alone.
Nike of course wouldn’t come out and say they addressed such as that would have been a nightmare on so many levels. Take it for what it’s worth….not trying to derail this thread just throwing out a possibility of what could have led to the delay (although unlikely).

JS”

Guys - there isn’t some mystery reason behind these haphazard sneaker releases. The erratic / unpredictable release schedule really is due to the unprecedented confluence of issues that the global supply chain is experiencing at the moment: Labor shortages, factory shutdowns due to covid outbreaks, container ship bottlenecks - the list goes on and on and on, and it will likely get worse before it gets better.

Oh yeah, no secret. But some shoes do get released semi on schedule. The jumps seem to be the shoe that is truly in limbo. Haven't seen jack outside of Griner rockin a few pairs

First try with doing this with the cuts. I found I like the feeling of no tongue reminiscent of the Kobe 8s. And this feels a lot better to me.

Attachments

• 2923E310-8125-468E-81FF-7BF3080E2044.jpeg
    2923E310-8125-468E-81FF-7BF3080E2044.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 297
Back
Top Bottom