Nike Griffey Air Max 1 Wht/Blk Varsity Red *Confirmed for SPR 11*

Originally Posted by ninjahood

so basically these are da all star game ones with a turf/cross training bottom from da reds playing days huh....nice.
smokin.gif

Hard to say since we've never really had a good look at the blocking details of his PE's... I basically took the royal/volt c/w and swapped it with red/silver (except for the lace-loops, which I just noticed 
tongue.gif
).  I suppose those should be red too.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

i don't understand why you guys are so loyal to only OG colors.

it's what we grew up on and made us fall in love with the shoe in the 1st place. it's nostalgia, a pretty simple concept. being reunited with something from ur childhood that u loved so much as a kid. honestly, that is the only reason i still buy sneakers at all. if it wasn't for the fond memories i have of certain shoes back in the day, i'da been done with this foolishness that is the sneaker game.

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

point blank dudes want emeralds and if you can put out cw's such as all blk, you can put out emeralds...

as far as the PS' go, 1st and 3rd pairs all the way!!

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

i don't understand why you guys are so loyal to only OG colors.

it's what we grew up on and made us fall in love with the shoe in the 1st place. it's nostalgia, a pretty simple concept. being reunited with something from ur childhood that u loved so much as a kid. honestly, that is the only reason i still buy sneakers at all. if it wasn't for the fond memories i have of certain shoes back in the day, i'da been done with this foolishness that is the sneaker game.

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

point blank dudes want emeralds and if you can put out cw's such as all blk, you can put out emeralds...

as far as the PS' go, 1st and 3rd pairs all the way!!

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

^ Again, the release version will look almost identical to the very first PS but with a lighter shade of red (possibly Sport Red). The Air Unit will be silver, not red.
Ooookay.
1211431265.jpg

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

^ Again, the release version will look almost identical to the very first PS but with a lighter shade of red (possibly Sport Red). The Air Unit will be silver, not red.
Ooookay.
1211431265.jpg

Originally Posted by Rod301

SinnerP wrote:

justhotkicks wrote:

Ooookay.

Now Thats What I Wanna See...
smokin.gif

The Lighter Shade Of Red Makes Them Look Good. Black Pull Tabs Would Be The Icing On The Cake.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so basically these are da all star game ones with a turf/cross training bottom from da reds playing days huh....nice.
smokin.gif

Colorway is nice & all......But gimme the 24 on the strap. I'm not feeling that swingman @#$%.

SinnerP wrote:

justhotkicks wrote:

Ooookay.

smokin.gif

The Lighter Shade Of Red Makes Them Look Good. Black Pull Tabs Would Be The Icing On The Cake.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

Colorway is nice & all......But gimme the 24 on the strap. I'm not feeling that swingman @#$%.

But to answer your question 51&3rd, as you know, colorway preference is very subjective.  And you're right, a "hot" colorway will be hot regardless if its OG or not.  But in my opinion, all the non-OG colorways thus far have been crap.  The biggest problem for me, was the lack of "contrast" blocking (if that makes sense).  Nike seemed to want to hide the unique design of the AGM's by blocking the upper in similar colors (black/black, black/anthracite, grey/grey & silver/silver).  This made no sense to me at all.
Now see, this is why I always listen to what you have to say and value your opinion.
pimp.gif
  I've been saying this all along, the stark contrast of the swoosh off the uppers etc. is what made this shoe so eye-catching and fever-inducing back in the day. They're totally not highlighting (and yes even hiding) the best design features of the shoe with the "solid" colorways. That being said, a trainer version of those all-stars would be insane.  That is all.

But to answer your question 51&3rd, as you know, colorway preference is very subjective.  And you're right, a "hot" colorway will be hot regardless if its OG or not.  But in my opinion, all the non-OG colorways thus far have been crap.  The biggest problem for me, was the lack of "contrast" blocking (if that makes sense).  Nike seemed to want to hide the unique design of the AGM's by blocking the upper in similar colors (black/black, black/anthracite, grey/grey & silver/silver).  This made no sense to me at all.
Now see, this is why I always listen to what you have to say and value your opinion.
pimp.gif
  I've been saying this all along, the stark contrast of the swoosh off the uppers etc. is what made this shoe so eye-catching and fever-inducing back in the day. They're totally not highlighting (and yes even hiding) the best design features of the shoe with the "solid" colorways. That being said, a trainer version of those all-stars would be insane.  That is all.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

SinnerP wrote:

justhotkicks wrote:

Ooookay.

smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

It's no knock on the shoe.  Just that '24' is ridiculous on a Reds shoe.  Swingman is there because we feel we are willing a change to a proper Reds jersey number like '30' or '3'.

Personally, if this pans out like justhotkicks describes and P PS'd I'm getting them in a heartbeat.  My first step is to un-stitch the ankle tab if it is indeed '24' and get creative.

SinnerP wrote:

justhotkicks wrote:

Ooookay.

smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

It's no knock on the shoe.  Just that '24' is ridiculous on a Reds shoe.  Swingman is there because we feel we are willing a change to a proper Reds jersey number like '30' or '3'.

Personally, if this pans out like justhotkicks describes and P PS'd I'm getting them in a heartbeat.  My first step is to un-stitch the ankle tab if it is indeed '24' and get creative.

SinnerP wrote:

justhotkicks wrote:

Ooookay.

smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

word, or at LEAST put 30
laugh.gif

that should've been retroed da Air griffey II's in its OG colorway though....but in da meantime this 2nd Cincinnati colorway can definitely be bought.

SinnerP wrote:

justhotkicks wrote:

Ooookay.

smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

word, or at LEAST put 30
laugh.gif

that should've been retroed da Air griffey II's in its OG colorway though....but in da meantime this 2nd Cincinnati colorway can definitely be bought.

Back
Top Bottom