Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

My hopes were pretty low for the authentic shorts given what Nike did to college bball uniforms over the last few years. You could tell from media day pics that they looked thin and cheap. Are they the straight-up bathing suit material that Nike has been using on college authentics for a while? Is the logo thicker tackle-twill? It also looks like thin, heat-pressed junk.
Right there with you man. I wanted to buy Carolina's authentics last season but what they sold as "authentic" didn't even have the same alternate color waistband as the on courts. I hate how Nike has gotten away from true multilevel tackle twill and nice mesh. If I drop 150 on shorts I want it to be worth that, not feel like Hurley boardshorts.

Hope the NBA authentics are nicer, because as big a Nike guy as I am, Rev 30 authentics were the deal

So I went to the store today to try on authentic shorts and I have to go with a size 38! Has the perfect length and width for me. Now I did compare these with the Rev30s as well. The Nike shorts are a bit thicker than the previous Nike authentic college shorts that I owned, but nothing beats Rev30 shorts right now, they were just perfect!

does anyone think we will finally, finally get actual Michael Jordan Bulls jersey shirts ? been waiting forever.

Just ordered my Lakers gray practice shirt off Dicks. I had a $10 dollar coupon off $25 so I got it for $27 and some change. Should be here sometime next week.

Anyone with a practice shirt already, are they the normal dri fit material or dri fit cotton? I ordered a M so hopefully the fit is good.

What store is everyone going to try on authentic jerseys/shorts? None of the FTLs around me have anything.

You have to wait till the 12th for stores like foot locker to sell them. Some local ones near me have swingman, authentic jerseys, shorts, etc but can’t sell till the 12th.

Just ordered my Lakers gray practice shirt off Dicks. I had a $10 dollar coupon off $25 so I got it for $27 and some change. Should be here sometime next week.

Anyone with a practice shirt already, are they the normal dri fit material or dri fit cotton? I ordered a M so hopefully the fit is good.

I got mine. It’s dri fit cotton

I got mine. It’s dri fit cotton
Is Nike moving away from dri fit poly shorts?

I like the look and feel of dri fit cotton but darker colored shirts get faded and wrinkled so fast and shrinks. Lasts no where near as long as dri fit poly

Is Nike moving away from dri fit poly shorts?

I like the look and feel of dri fit cotton but darker colored shirts get faded and wrinkled so fast and shrinks. Lasts no where near as long as dri fit poly

I’m not sure what they’re doing with dri fit Poly. I agree with you on the faded issue. But the Poly has horrible static issues.

woulda been dope if they put pockets on the swingman shorts. I need pockets breh. like, when yall go out with your NBA shorts, where are yall holding your keys/wallet/phone etc.. at? lemme find out yall rockin fannypacks. unless yall droppin mad bread on them just to rock em around the house? :lol:

does anyone think we will finally, finally get actual Michael Jordan Bulls jersey shirts ? been waiting forever.

Cavs Black jersey player shirts are starting to show up online. Damn really hoping for Jordan shirts in the correct era name on back font.

woulda been dope if they put pockets on the swingman shorts. I need pockets breh. like, when yall go out with your NBA shorts, where are yall holding your keys/wallet/phone etc.. at? lemme find out yall rockin fannypacks. unless yall droppin mad bread on them just to rock em around the house? :lol:

I only wear them to workout or play basketball

Haven't worn mine to do anything but ball in in years but back in the day we'd all wear a regular/cheap pair of mesh shorts (with pockets) underneath our authentics.

i just throw on a backpack with my wireless power beats and im good to go.

I have my entourage hold my stuff for me. One guy holds my phone. Got another homie to hold my wallet. I don't need to hold keys - that's why I hired a driver.

If you can't afford to take care of your crew, you shouldn't be messing with NBA swingman or authentic shorts. Regular peasants can rock with the practice joints though.

I’m just glad Nike is doing the socks too. Hated stance socks and those stripes on the ankle area. It just looked out of place.

Right there with you man. I wanted to buy Carolina's authentics last season but what they sold as "authentic" didn't even have the same alternate color waistband as the on courts. I hate how Nike has gotten away from true multilevel tackle twill and nice mesh. If I drop 150 on shorts I want it to be worth that, not feel like Hurley boardshorts.

Hope the NBA authentics are nicer, because as big a Nike guy as I am, Rev 30 authentics were the deal
Have to agree, i hate adidas, always have......with their 3 stripes everywhere, sleeved NBA jerseys and so on.......but Rev 30 NBA shorts were/are great, they feel like quality and with embroided logo(s) ...... you could tell the difference between swingman and authentic.......with these NBA nike shorts i am not sure how much of a difference there is?

I am sorry, i ain't paying $150 for shorts with screen printed logos, that is just ******ed .....i don't care if the players wear them. Those are the kind of shorts that cost $70 when Adidas made them.
This just means Nike are making shorts that cost $10 or so to make and then selling them for $150.........and claim the usual lightweight, faster, stronger bulls*** !

Last edited:
My least favorite ploy of the past few years. Calling heat pressed logos Vapor this and Elite that. I'm always going to associate embroidery with a top tier authentic jersey, I refuse to believe the performance jump (if any) justifies the cheapening of the product.

Pulled the trigger on the Authentic Laker jersey on fanatics. With military discount and gift cards I bought on discount, it came out to 165.

Now we wait. I gotta see if the Laker Store will sell me the patch.

Wish fanatics carried actual player authentics as opposed to the customizable authentics. Got a coupon and that mark up pretty much makes it regular price lol.

Back
Top Bottom