Nike Performance Running Master Thread

anyone training for any upcoming races? If so, when is it and what is your training plan?

I’m training for the upcoming GoodLife half marathon and sporting life 10km in May. My only concern is that they are back to back weekends.

I’ve ran the good life half marathon last year so I may drop out and focus on the 10km. Not sure if my body can handle the back to back races.

Using the NRC coaching plan on the NRC app. Seems pretty good.

Have to start my nutrition plan though. Seems to be the toughest thing to follow.

Doing all my training in zoom flys.

What are you preparing for?

I'm betting they'll be closer to the LunarGlide in support, at that price point.

But I've got a meet on April 13th, where I'm doing the long jump and 100m. Then another on May 12th. I sure could use a training partner haha. But it's hard to find dedicated sprinters/jumpers, even in LA.

anyone training for any upcoming races? If so, when is it and what is your training plan?

I’m training for the upcoming GoodLife half marathon and sporting life 10km in May. My only concern is that they are back to back weekends.

I’ve ran the good life half marathon last year so I may drop out and focus on the 10km. Not sure if my body can handle the back to back races.

Using the NRC coaching plan on the NRC app. Seems pretty good.

Have to start my nutrition plan though. Seems to be the toughest thing to follow.

Doing all my training in zoom flys.

What are you preparing for?
What do you think of that coaching plan so far? I considered it for a marathon last year and ditched it after a week or so...

I'll tell you want made a big difference for me... the NRC speed runs....if you haven't tried them yet give them a shot and give me Somme feedback...

Man, I wish Nike had an equivalent to the Brooks Launch/Saucony Kinvara. $100 shoe with decent cushion. No replacement for the LunarTempo on the horizon.

Man, I wish Nike had an equivalent to the Brooks Launch/Saucony Kinvara. $100 shoe with decent cushion. No replacement for the LunarTempo on the horizon.

I think the closest is the Pegasus. The 33 is $110 so in the same ballpark price wise. I tried the Launch a couple of years ago and didn’t like it. I’d much prefer the Pegasus.

What do you think of that coaching plan so far? I considered it for a marathon last year and ditched it after a week or so...

I'll tell you want made a big difference for me... the NRC speed runs....if you haven't tried them yet give them a shot and give me Somme feedback...

I used the NRC app to prepare for the Chicago marathon. I thought it worked well.

Last year, NRC Toronto had a speed run and it was great. Different distances every week and really had to push to keep up. It’s my favourite session out of the ones offered.

Speed sessions haven’t started yet for this year. Need to warm up a little bit more in Toronto. Lol

I used the NRC app to prepare for the Chicago marathon. I thought it worked well.

Last year, NRC Toronto had a speed run and it was great. Different distances every week and really had to push to keep up. It’s my favourite session out of the ones offered.

Speed sessions haven’t started yet for this year. Need to warm up a little bit more in Toronto. Lol
check out the speed runs in the guided section of the NRC..

The winflo???

I guess that's the closest thing, but it's not actually part of the Performance Running line. It's a big box shoe. I was also thinking the Streak, since it has similar stack heights to some other brands' (like the Asics Roadhawk), but it's not that durable.

The Winflo could be really nice with some outsole adjustments. I used to love the Zoom Fly 2 (from 2015). Light, springy, a little stability... But alas, the forefoot zoom eventually deflated on me. That's somewhat soured me on non-solid midsoles.

Last edited:
3ECE3DC2-784E-4182-97CA-F287BBDCD418.jpeg

Casual 6miler. I’m impressed. #thumbsup

I'll post this question in the 4% thread as well:

Does anyone else have a severe arch pain point from the 4%? It's only on one shoe. Definitely not a "rubbing" but more of a stabbing to my arch. I ran 11 miles in them at a 9:02 pace, but around mile 5 had horrible pains. When I took my socks off after it was like I was running on plastic. Had a crease on my foot. And I have narrower feet.

I'll post this question in the 4% thread as well:

Does anyone else have a severe arch pain point from the 4%? It's only on one shoe. Definitely not a "rubbing" but more of a stabbing to my arch. I ran 11 miles in them at a 9:02 pace, but around mile 5 had horrible pains. When I took my socks off after it was like I was running on plastic. Had a crease on my foot. And I have narrower feet.

How long have you had the 4%? What was your shoe beforehand?

Anyone running in the 4% think they're noisy? I train in the Zoom Elite 9 and the Zoom Fly, and I make no noise at foot strike. With the 4%, there's a fair amount of noise.

Anyone running in the 4% think they're noisy? I train in the Zoom Elite 9 and the Zoom Fly, and I make no noise at foot strike. With the 4%, there's a fair amount of noise.

I think the 4% has a carbon rubber outsole, while those other two have blown rubber, which is softer and thus makes less noise upon striking.

How long have you had the 4%? What was your shoe beforehand?

I have only run in them 2x. A 5 mile and 11.

I typically run in the lunarepic 1 for distance (rotate between 3 pairs fairly new), mix in ghost 10 (brooks), and lunarepic 2 when it's raining.

ZOOMX compresses in shape alot under force. The gaps under the sole create a vacuum and that is what creates the noise.

Started my 10km run in vomero 11s and 1.5km, my feet started to really hurt. Headed home and changed into my zoom flys. No pain at all. I think that running in my zoom flys have really affected my running. Will try to run a recovery run in my peg 33s to see if theee is a difference as well.

Has anyone else experienced this?

3ECE3DC2-784E-4182-97CA-F287BBDCD418.jpeg

Casual 6miler. I’m impressed. #thumbsup
Ok, these good or what? I need a comparison to something already released (peg, vol, structure, etc)

3’s are a shoe I love but could never catch me paying 200+ for Jordan retros yikes. Could be my first Jordan purchase in 7-8 years

Last edited:
Ok, these good or what? I need a comparison to something already released (peg, vol, structure, etc)

3’s are a shoe I love but could never catch me paying 200+ for Jordan retros yikes. Could be my first Jordan purchase in 7-8 years

I think he said a page or two back that they're similar to the Pegasus 34

How are the Zoom Flys? Was thinking about picking up a pair for running on the treadmill and lifting at the gym.

Back
Top Bottom